Tablescapes, Burgers and Blue Moons

Things got back to normal quickly after the flooding on the coast last week.

PicMonkey Collage

What a difference a day makes!

PicMonkey Collage 2

In 24 hours most of the water had receded and things were drying out, thank goodness!! Crazy Mother Nature!

PicMonkey Collage 3

Unfortunately so many people did have damage and a mess but in some places it was like it never happened!  The sun was out, the seas were sparkling, people were out boating and fishing and sunning~

Of course I had to set a table to celebrate!

Blue Moon table

We were expecting weekend guests just in time for lunch

Blue Moon table 3

Our favorite Steakhouse Burgers were on the menu [see recipe below]

With just a few simple accompaniments, chips and veggies with dip~

And Blue Moon Cupcakes!  Our guests just love Blue Moon beer, so I made these cupcakes in their honor

The sun reflecting through these bowls reminded me of blue moons

Blue Moon table 4

I couldn’t resist adding lots of happy fish

Everything is so glad the seas are calm and blue again!

Smooth sailing ahead!

Here’s my secret to a great slider or burger~

a little Dale’s Steak Sauce or your favorite steak sauce or Worcestershire

Lipton Dry Onion Soup mix and Ground Chuck.  For a juicy burger you must use ground beef that has a little fat content otherwise your burger will be tough~

Place meat in a baking pan and drizzle with steak sauce, about 1/4 cup.  Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix

Now, here’s the trick~ quickly and lightly, mix the meat with the soup mix and sauce, keeping the meat loose~ mixing the meat with your hands, only 5 -10 times

Then divide it into equal portions in the pan~I used about 1 1/3 lbs. of ground chuck for 8 large sliders

Again,  quickly and gently form portions into patties, leaving a dent in the middle.  This insures that your patties won’t swell up in the middle when grilling.  Resist the desire to over work the meat, that is another thing that makes it tough!

Grill them up!

Steakhouse Burgers

• Servings: 4-8

1 envelope dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix

1 1/3 lbs. ground chuck

1/4 cup  Dale’s* seasoning, Worcestershire or steak sauce.

Gently mix seasonings into beef and form into 8 patties. Do not overmix meat or patties will be tough.  Use your thumb to make a small dent in the center of each patty to keep them from swelling up during cooking.

Grill until cooked through and serve on buns with your favorite toppings.

You can find another printable version of Steakhouse Burgers here

Blue Moon table

Hamburgers are a great way to kick off the summer season!

Tomorrow I’ll share the recipe for Blue Moon Cupcakes~

white ceramic boat/gift from special friend

papier mache fish, coasters/gifts from my sweet SIL

blue dot glass bowls, aqua place mats/HomeGoods

napkin rings, pink napkin chair, sail boat knife/gifts from special friends

painted glasses, divided tray and chip bowl/JMdesigns

Work it Wednesday

Posed Perfection

Katherine’s Corner

Between Naps on the Porch

Common Ground

Anything Blue Friday

Will Cook for Smiles

Seasonal Sunday

15 Responses to “Tablescapes, Burgers and Blue Moons”
  1. Vicki says:

Your weekend guests had the greatest of times. Those burgers and cupcakes were very delicious!! Everything was perfect, as usual!

2. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

Your lunch and the view look perfect! I just tossed a burger on the Smoky Joe last week myself-bring on the nice weather:@)

3. fairhopesupplyco says:

So glad everything is getting back to normal and good food is still coming out of your kitchen!

4. Rosie says:

Thank you for your post today! I love the aqua dot glass bowls and all your “happy fish’! I WILL definitely try your hamburger recipe! I’m never really happy with mine. Rosie

5. Crazy weather!!
    Love your table and the burgers look so good!

Jenna, I don’t know what looks better your sliders or that beautiful blue water! Love your blue moon shadows from the bowls 🙂 I know your guests were delighted with the table, view and the food!

7. You are making it very difficult for me to work at my computer when I look at these pics. I just want to jump in my car and head down to the “islands” to take a walk on the beach.

8. OK, you just shared a piece of information I didn’t know: to depress the center of the burger patty. I had no idea that’s how to keep that center from humping up during the cooking process. Yay! I’m all good now. We don’t get to eat burgers very often, but when we do I like for them to be just right! I like mine with a little “moo!” still left in ’em…medium to medium-rare, so it never gets overworked. My husband, on the other hand, likes to cook his burger into submission. I don’t know how he eats that shoe leather!!!

I’ve never heard of Blue Moon beer (I’m the only Catholic on earth who doesn’t drink beer, I think!), but it’s neat that you used that as your inspiration to set the table for your guests. The bowls are beautiful. And, of course, all your fishies…right on time!!!

Glad you guys didn’t sustain substantial damage due to the storms. So sorry for those residents who did. I know it’s a big, messy job to conquer in the aftermath. Sucks.

Have a wonderful Mother’s Day, Jenna!

• I’m not much of a beer drinker either [too much in college I think :)] Glad that you liked my burger trick, I learned it from Bobby Flay~ Grilling season is on! Thanks for the kind words~ I hope your mother’s day is wonderful and relaxing~ we are celebrating both of my grandsons May 11 and 14 birthdays too, so mine will be wonderful, but definitely NOT relaxing!! 🙂

9. Bev says:

I love the colors of this table…so perfect with the beach theme. Gorgeous!

10. Nici says:

Great recipe! I love your vibrant tablescape too! What a fun little dinner party you planned! Thanks for sharing at the Creative Ways Link Party. I hope you’ll be back again this week with more inspiring posts!

11. Kim says:

I love your dot bowls! Your entire tablescape is fun and totally appropriate for sea-side. Great tips about the burgers. Now I realize I’ve over-worked the mixing part before. Dry burgers…yuk. Anyway, now I’ll have great burgers that begin with a dent in the center. Love that! Thanks for another great post, Jenna.

12. Great meal and tablescape.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

• Follow The Painted Apron on