Holidays, Get Out the Red, White and Blue!

With Mother’s Day celebrated and mid May past, it means it’s time to gear up for Memorial Day, Summer and the 4th of July!!

I decided to look through my own photos to see if I could get inspired…

A great way to start is to gather up everything you have that is red, white and blue

and then see what happens!

I had a lot of fun filling this big boat last year

boat centerpiece thepaintedapron.com

Full of rope wrapped glass balls and decorative orbs, a blue bottle, striped beach chair candles and flags, it sat proudly in the center of the porch table

It also served double duty on the kitchen island holding napkins and flatware for a buffet

A star studded striped bandana fills a glass and forms a vase for flags and sparkly star picks

This Beach Boy Santa joined the fun in several places

He stood proudly in the center of our 4th of July table

Blue Ball jars held red and white blooms

and blue glass pebbles shone in the sun

red white and blueberry pancake skewers thepaintedapron.com

We dined on Red White and Blueberry Stacks

mini pancake stacks thepaintedapron.com

And All American Berry Stuffed Toast

What a wonderful way to start the day!

Flags were flying everywhere

Don’t forget the mailbox!

DSC_0043_2

Here are some red white and blue recipes too!

How about White Pizza Dip with Roasted Red tomatoes served with Blue corn chips?

white pizza dip thepaintedapron.com

Red White and Blue Salad is loaded with bacon, blueberries, cauliflower and bleu cheese

red white and blue salad thepaintedapron.com

Chicken Under the Stars is topped with patriotic puff pastry stars!

You will need a dessert, how about these Fisherboy Cupcakes,ย  Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes with Blue Icing?

Okay, I have a few new ideas, do you?

_______________________________________

I’ll be joining these fabulous parties and blogs:

Patriots Palooza

Savvy Southern Style

Posed Perfection

Work it Wednesday

Katherine’s Corner

Crafts a la Mode

Will Cook for Smiles

Comments
23 Responses to “Holidays, Get Out the Red, White and Blue!”
  1. Emily says:

Oh my Jenna, I see where my red, white and blue holiday inspiration is coming from! Wow, I love all you decorations but the boat is my favorite. Great food presentation too, love the pancakes and cupcakes. Got to do those for Connor.
    Have a great Sunday…….
    PS………I miss the beach!

2. Candy S says:

Great Ideas for the Fourth of July Jenna. I pinned my favorites and I am bookmarking this page so I can come back later for the recipes. Thank you for sharing.

3. Loving it, Jenna. This post says Summer!

4. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

Love that little grilling/bar area down below! Your boat is cute and I remember the Santa. It’s time to get my little feather tree decorated in red, white and blue:@)

5. Vicki says:

Love your great decorating ideas —especially the Beach Santa!!

Jenna, I love your parade of red, white, and blue inspiration! Your little boat weighing anchor for a centerpiece is too darn cute and right up my alley ๐Ÿ™‚ Everything looks delicious but I especially love those little red, white & blueberry stacks!

7. Kim says:

Yes, everything you’ve included in your review is perfect for Memorial Day celebrations! Every recipe looks delicious, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. I agree with you, Jenna….pull out everything red, white & blue and then just pick and choose! It’s the fun way to get something going in the way of decor, and you don’t end up spending a fortune on all kinds of stuff you could have had!

All that food!!!! As long as someone else it cookin’, I’m eatin’!!!

9. navywifeypeters says:

I love your patriotic decor, especially the glasses the you served the Red White and Blueberry Stacks in. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Patriot’s Palooza!

10. You must have secretly read my mind! My parents are throwing a big 4th of July party this year, and my Mom asked me to help her brainstorm decorating ideas with a beachy feel. So perfect and beautiful!

11. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life says:

Everything is perfect and I would love to be on the beach right now and enjoying it all. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

12. Lovely setting…especially the centerpiece!

13. Helen says:

Jenna, love seeing all the red, white and blue! Including dear ole Santa, Found you on The Scoop tonight.

14. Ann K says:

The little blueberry stacks look so cute in your red white and blue goblets!! and that berry stuffed toast looks heavenly!! you have me in the mood for doing something patriotic now! Thanks!

15. Nici says:

I love all your red, white and blue ideas! That French Toast looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to my Creative Ways Link Party! Have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

16. hollybertone says:

Hi Jenna – I love your patriotic display – my favorite is the Santa and the glasses. Thank you for joining our Patriot’s Palooza party and Happy Memorial Day! Hugs, Holly

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )