Recipe Box, 5 Minute Trick or Treat Bars

Want a recipe for cookie candy bars that only takes 5 minutes?

Halloween bars thepaintedapron.com

These decadent bars take maybe 5 minutes to throw in the oven

It’s a version of 7 layer bars and you only need 1 pan

Melt the butter right in the pan in the microwave or stick it in the oven while the oven is preheating

Add the graham cracker crumbs to the melted butter and pat into a crust

Top with assorted goodies

photo

I used butterscotch chips, mini Rolos, mini Reeses Cups, and honey roasted peanuts, then you pour the sweetened condensed milk slowly over everything and it “glues” it all together as it bakes

trick or treat bars thepaintedapron.com

How can this not be good?

trick or treat bars thepaintedapron.com

I made these to take to the beach last weekend

5 min trick or treat bars thepaintedapron.com

to keep my fishermen happy

IMG_5583

When they went to the store to buy beer and bait

IMG_8275

I asked them to bring me a surprise

Halloween glass thepaintedapron.com

They brought home this Halloween glass…can you see the jack o’lanterns and BOOs in the shiny orange?

trick or treat cookies thepaintedapron.com

It’s so tacky and terrible I just LOVE it!

burlap pumpkins thepaintedapron.com

They are so sweet, they bought me some wine to go in my glass too~

Halloween beach vignette thepaintedapron.com

I think they liked my cookies 🙂

5 minute Trick or Treat Bars

• Servings: 1 9x13 pan

1 stick butter, 1/2 cup

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 8 oz. bag unwrapped Rolos

1 8 oz. bag unwrapped mini Reese’s Cups

1 cup butterscotch chips

1 cup honey roasted peanuts

1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt butter in 9 x 13 inch baking dish in microwave or in oven as it’s preheating to 350.  Pour graham cracker crumbs into melted butter and mix well with a spoon.  Pat mixture evenly on bottom of pan and 1/4 inch up sides of dish.  Sprinkle a layer of each candy on top and finish with the peanuts.  Slowly pour milk over all, letting it seep into all the nooks and crannies, covering the candy and nuts.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until set and golden.  Cool thoroughly before cutting into bars.

Unfortunately these are a little too easy to make!

5 min trick or treat bars thepaintedapron.com

If you are interested in seeing the tutorial for the Chevron and Burlap Beach Pumpkins click here

Halloween beach vignette thepaintedapron.com

For another variation of 7 layer bars, using potato chips for the crust, check out Bad Boy Birthday Bars here

birthday bars 2 thepaintedapron.com

For another easy cookie recipe using Rolos and cake mix see Rolo Cake Mix Cookies here

rolo cake cookies thepaintedapron.com

for another printable version of Trick or Treat Bars click here

Enjoy!!

__________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and:

Crafty Hope

Between Naps on the Porch

The Scoop

Memories by the Mile

The Style Sisters

Posed Perfection

Pure Grace Farms

Savvy Southern Style

Comments
27 Responses to “Recipe Box, 5 Minute Trick or Treat Bars”
  1. These look sinfully good! What kind of fish are those? No need to make up a fish story — they really are that big!

2. Decadent is right….and delightfully delish!
    I like the wine glass too!:-)

3. Rosie Moreno says:

Oh, Jenna! If it weren’t 7 a..m. right now I’d be on my way to the store to get the ingredients for this wonderful recipe! I know what I’ll be doing today. Thank you for sharing what I know will be a hit for my family. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

4. Jim says:

happy Halloween

5. CraftyHope says:

Holy Cannoli these sound easy AND tasty, two of my favorite things ever! It sounds like the perfect way to use up some halloween candy too. I can imagine using some chopped up snickers or other candy bars. This sounds like it’s a pretty versatile recipe! Thank you for sharing it. 🙂

6. Jim says:

I love your new glass Jenna! Looks like the cookies brought some good luck fishing too:@)

Still trying to get the comments to work… ugh:@)

8. Kim says:

Printed it! Making these soon…so much for losing weight! These look delicious, Jenna!

What a catch Jenna, fish and fun glass 🙂 Your 7 Layer Bars look delicious with the addition of the Rolos!

Ooh Jenna, yes, these bars do look absolutely decadent and I’d love every bite of one!! Thanks for sharing an easy treat for us to enjoy.

11. i am all about 5 minute recipes! this looks soooo good!! and those chevron pumpkins are just adorable! may have to make one…pinning both!

12. Anonymous says:

This has all of my favorite candy in it. I will be making this on Friday. I would love it if you would share a post on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!

13. Simply delish! This is a keeper recipe!

We won’t have any left for the trick or treat bags, the treat bars look so good! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Hope to see you again real soon,

15. Cassidy says:

I found you over at Miz Helen’s. These look awesome, so I just pinned them so I could come back later. Thanks for sharing!
    cass-eats.blogspot.com