Recipe Box, Uptown Patty Melt

Here’s an easy way to take the ho hum, uninteresting hamburger to an upscale, uptown, holy heavenly patty melt

uptown patty melt thepaintedapron.com

Start with an awesome artisan bread, like this Asiago Sourdough

Slice and toast it

Caramelize an onion, low and slow for about 30 minutes

Grill or cook your hamburger patties and place on toast, top with caramelized onions

uptown patty melt 1 thepaintedapron.com

and slowly pour cheese sauce over all

I am unashamed to admit that I like Velveeta cheese….and now it comes in this handy cheese sauce

If you are anti Velveeta, just make your own cheese sauce because it’s a lovely hot melted cheese sauce that makes this patty melt

cheesy patty melt thepaintedapron.com

You can top your patty melt with grated or sliced cheese and run it under the broiler if you prefer

open face patty melt thepaintedapron.com

But I’m sticking with ooey gooey creamy Velveeta  😋

Uptown Patty Melt

• Servings: 3

1 lb ground chuck or lean ground beef

3-4 T steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce or Dale’s steak seasoning

salt and pepper

3-6 slices* Asiago sourdough artisan bread, or any sturdy artisan bread

1 package Velveeta cheese sauce,  or 3-4 oz cheese

1 large sweet onion, sliced

1 T butter

1 T olive oil

Cook onion in olive oil and butter over medium low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.  Meanwhile season beef with salt, pepper and steak sauce.  Form into patties.  Grill or cook patties until done.

Toast bread slices.  Top with cooked beef patties.  Top beef with onions.

Heat cheese sauce in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring after 1 min, until hot. Pour cheese sauce overall and serve immediately.  Or top beef with sliced or grated cheese and broil to melt.

Makes 3 open face patty melts

*I used 2 slices per serving since the slices were small due to the shape of the loaf

open face patty melt thepaintedapron.com

Quick and easy any time dinner!

for another printable version of Uptown Patty Melt click here

____________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and

Between Naps on the Porch

Memories by the Mile

Crafty Staci

Comments
10 Responses to “Recipe Box, Uptown Patty Melt”
  1. Lorraine says:

Drooling! I love me a patty melt!!!

I haven’t had Velveeta since I was a kid and come to think of it… Never tried it in that Rotel dip… Good thing football season will be starting soon:@)

3. Looks and sounds so yummy! Was just thinking about what I might have for lunch… maybe this is the answer! 🙂 ~Rhonda

4. Ellen says:

This looks sinfully delicious, and I will have to try this. Normally I don’t eat Velvet, but I will have to make an exception.

5. lulu says:

Love a good burger! The other night I had my first with an egg on top. Have to take a break from lobster every now and then!

We love a patty melt Jenna, especially with an artisan bread. It’s been years since I’ve had Velveeta, I had no idea it came in a sauce version 🙂

7. JESS44903 says:

Wow…this looks so easy and delicious!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

8. This looks great! I love sourdough bread, my all time favorite! I also am addicted to patty melts, so this looks like something I would for sure make! I would love for you to stop by and share some of your posts at Throw Back Thursday link party!

Jenna,
    The sauce will be on my market list, I had no idea that it was available. This looks like a delicious sandwich! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!