Secret Recipe Club, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

This month my Secret Recipe Club assignment is Little Bit of Everything.  Julie lives in the midwest and loves to cook, travel and garden.  She also collects cookbooks and spoons- Fun collections!

Roasted Kale and Arugula Salad really appealed to me, and how about Honey Cinnamon Creme Brulee, yum!

Ultimately I decided on Pumpkin Oatmeal,  it sounded so perfect for cool fall mornings…which I am still waiting for…but I’ll be ready when they arrive!!

pumpkin pie oatmeal bowl thepaintedapron.com

Oats, milk, eggs, pumpkin and maple syrup

Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl, then the dry in another bowl, and then combine

pumpkin oatmeal collage

I added the pecan topping half way through baking so the pecans would not get too brown

pumpkin oatmeal thepaintedapron.com

I am calling my version Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal because I added more pecans and brown sugar.  After baking you have a wonderful pumpkin mousse-like oatmeal topped with sweet crunchy pecans

pumpkin pie oatmeal thepaintedapron.com 1

I baked my oatmeal in a casserole dish

pumpkin oatmeal with pecans thepaintedapron.com

Julie bakes hers in individual ramekins, you can see her Pumpkin Oatmeal  here

You could also bake these in a jar, cooking time will be shorter for individual dishes than a casserole

pumpkin pie oatmeal bake 1 thepaintedapron.com

Any way you chose to serve it, it will be a welcome fall breakfast!

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

• Servings: 6-8

adapted from Little Bit of Everything

1 3/4 cup old fashioned oats

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 cup real maple syrup

1 1/2 cups milk {any kind}

2 eggs

2 T butter, melted

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2-1 cup chopped pecans

2 T brown sugar

Combine oats with pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.  In another large bowl combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, syrup and butter.  Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.  Pour into a greased 1 quart casserole dish.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with pecans and brown sugar.  Return to oven and bake another 20 minutes or until set.  Makes 6-8 servings.  Can be made ahead and reheated.

pumpkin pie oatmeal bowl thepaintedapron.com

Thank you for a great recipe Julie!

for another printable version of Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal click here

Click on the blue Linkz frog below to see all of today’s reveal day recipe

____________________________________

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined, Sunday Brunch, USS Crafty

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life, Treasure Box Tuesday

Crafty Staci, Hit Me with your Best ShotTickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxPainted Drawer, Weekend Retreat, Your Turn to Shine

Get your DIY On

Comments
19 Responses to “Secret Recipe Club, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal”
  1. Love your pictures! This sounds wonderful!!

Sounds like a nice weekend treat:@)

Oatmeal never sounded more appealing and I can smell the aroma now Jenna! Now if Mother Nature will provide the fall mornings… 🙂

4. Julie says:

Glad you enjoyed it. Love your pumpkin dishes!

5. Michelle says:

Yummy! Bring in the Fall! Love oatmeal, pumpkin and pecans! Perfect marriage!

6. Wow, what a great combination of flavors! I’ve also combined actual slices of pie with my morning oatmeal. Love them both!

7. Looks so good! Love the bowls and presentation, Jenna!

8. Susan says:

I love oatmeal and this recipe sounds especially delicious!

Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

9. JESS44903 says:

Pinned! I also drooled. 🙂

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

10. Julie says:

Hi Jenna,
    Wow this looks amazing and sounds delicious.
    Thanks for sharing this recipe at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We love having you and I hope you enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

This sounds like a fabulous Fall breakfast, Jenna! I can just about smell the delicious aroma. I must make some of this soon! I’m still waiting on Fall to arrive, too.

12. Tammy says:

Whaaaat???! What sort of mad genius is this?!! OMG – pumpkin oatmeal. That is just brilliant. This look amazing 😀

Toodles,
    Tammy<3

13. April Tuell says:

Yum, I love anything that has to do with pumpkin. This is the perfect Fall breakfast.

14. teaandscones says:

What a perfect way to start the day. I love fall just because of the pumpkin delights everywhere. Thanks for sharing. LOVE the little pumpkin bowl.

15. Sarah says:

i LOVE that pumpkin dish! so cute!! and pumpkin oats are always a great choice. 🙂 yum! nice src post!