Recipe Box, Vegetarian for Lent and Spring

In honor of Lenten season, a time when a lot of people eat less meat and opt for lighter fare, I am posting a round-up of some of my favorite vegetarian recipes

vegetable centerpiece thepaintedapron.com

Some are light, some not so light, but they are all are so good you’ll never miss the meat

Asparagus Quesadillas with Onion or Tomato Jam are a perfect way to enjoy some Spring asparagus

tomato jam and asparagus tortilla thepaintedapron.com

Asiago Cheese Grits Cake with Sautéed Mushrooms and Roasted Sprouts will put a little Wow factor on your plate

Loaded grits cake thepaintedapron.com

Baked Southwestern Eggrolls are full of black beans, spinach and corn and are baked, not fried

Cauliflower Steaks with Beer Cheese Sauce are a meal by themselves, just add a little green salad

roasted cauliflower with cheese thepaintedapron.com

French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms with Rosemary Croutons, can be an appetizer or a meal

french onion mushrooms thepainted apron.com

Garden Sliders, stacks of roasted vegetables in a Parmesan coated eggplant “bun,” make a fun presentation

eggplant slider thepaintedapron.com

Mushroom Lasagna, is often on our Easter menu, but easy enough to make any time

mushroom lasagna thepaintedapron.com

Spring Roll Wraps with Sweet Chili Peanut Paste are full of fresh crisp tender vegetables and tasty tangy peanut sauce

spring roll wraps 4 thepaintedapron.com

Surprise Pasta Bake is flavored with a combo of pesto and enchilada sauce for a new and unique sauce…I know it sounds weird, but it’s crazy good!

summer surprise pasta thepaintedapron.com

Vegetable Enchiladas are full of a rainbow of vegetables and get a boost of creaminess from low fat cottage cheese

Vegetable enchiladas

Zucchini Crust Veggie Pizza= no meat and low carb!

zucchini crusted pizza thepaintedapron.com

Eat your veggies!

pea needlepoint thepaintedapron.com

__________________________________

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxWeekend Retreat,

Comments
17 Responses to “Recipe Box, Vegetarian for Lent and Spring”
  1. Jenna, you had me with the first two…asparagus and grits! What a great round-up! I have always thought I could be a vegetarian, but I still need a steak occasionally! Have a wonderful Wednesday! Pam @ Everyday Living

2. Emily says:

Thank you Jenna for the vegetable recipe options. This is the time so many start to lighten up with our meals, theses are wonderful. The garden sliders sure has my attention. Eggplant is a favorite here and this is a great recipe, along with all the others. Such pretty pics……..

3. Liz Mackie says:

Thank you for the nice recipes.

4. Jacqueline says:

I would eat my veggies if someone like you came and made them for me! These all look fantastic! What a variety.
    Sorry, I had the links for the macaron boxes, but then something went wrong and it didn’t post and when I redid the post, I forgot the links. They were $14 for 12. You have to assemble them, but I went ahead and gave directions on how to assemble them as people were giving them a poor rating because there were no assembly instructions and they were just too beautiful to have people pass up because they didn’t know how to assemble them. I have added it to the post.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SF4C2NQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

5. Summer Daisy says:

I like the French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms with Rosemary Croutons ♥

summerdaisy.net

A delicious round up and way to eat your veggies Jenna! I have a head of cauliflower in my fridge that was waiting some inspiration!

7. Cauliflower steaks for me – they look lush with that sauce.

8. carolyn says:

Lots of inspiration for healthy eating ~ thank you!

Carolyn

I just love your Vegetarian collection, we grow and eat a lot of veggies here at the cottage. Hope you have a very special Valentine Day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!

10. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, wow all of these recipes look so awesome and good.
    Thanks for sharing them with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

11. Your veggies are the bomb!

Congratulations Jenna!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you enjoy your weekend and your new Red Plate!

13. No one will be missing meat with this offering of vegetarian dishes Jenna. They all look very appetizing and I want to try them all!

14. JESS44903 says:

All of these sound so delicious!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )