Party Panache, Garden Tramezzini & Shamrock Sandwiches

I have seen lots of pretty Shamrock food creations in these weeks before St. Patrick’s Day and couldn’t resist the urge to try some myself

St. Pat's day crafts

A tramezzino is an Italian version of the English tea sandwich, a small sandwich prepared on thin bread, crusts cut off, with a delicate filling

garden tea sanwiches

The English tea sandwich is a small sandwich served at tea time meant to stave off hunger until dinner is served

cucumber tea sandwich collage

Tramezzini are small, inexpensive sandwiches available through out the day at many Italian bars

spinach & cucumber tea sandwiches

Next time you’re in the mood for a light and tasty little nibble,  make some pretty tramezzini

clover cucumber sandwiches

Very thin bread is key, and although white is traditional, use whatever you like

These tramezzini feature a creamy spread made with spinach, and garnished with green onion and cucumber

cucumber spinach sandwiches

Cut bread into small circles or leave it whole and cut into triangles after spreading

Divide the green onion tops and bottoms after cutting

Add the white onion bottoms to the spinach spread and reserve the green tops for garnishing

Spread rounds with filling and place one atop another, roll in chopped green onion, then place thin cucumber slices on top

Arrange in groups of three and add a sprig of flat leaf Italian parsley

tea sandwiches with chive cucumber garnish

🍀  perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!

lucky tea sandwiches

Or triangles for a garden party or tea

cucumber tea sandwiches

Tramezzini, or English tea sandwiches are meant to be eaten in 2-3 dainty bites

Garden Tramezzini & Shamrock Sandwiches

• Servings: makes about 2 cups spread, or 36 small sandwiches

10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained

8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened

1 cup mayonnaise

3 T ranch salad dressing mix

Thin bread slices or cut into rounds

English {seedless} cucumber, cut into thin slices

3-4 green onions,  chopped, separating chopped green tops and chopped white bottoms into 2 piles

parsley for garnish

Combine spinach with cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, chopped green onion bottoms and mayonnaise.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.

Spread rounds with spinach cream cheese.  Stack one round atop another* and roll edges in chopped green onion bottoms. Lay cucumber slices on top of sandwiches .  Roll edges in finely snipped chives.  Arrange in groups of 3 on a plate and add a chive or parsley stem.

*Or spread bread slices with spinach mix, stack and cut into triangles.  Dip edges into green onion bottoms and press into sides.  Top with cucumber and parsley.

Note:You can also use this spread as a dip by thinning with additional mayonnaise or sour cream

These sandwiches will make you feel like you’re dining in a Spring Vegetable Garden

cucumber tea sandwich collage

Another favorite tramezzini are Tomato Canapés

Tomato Canapés

Keep these both these vegetable treats in mind for Spring noshing!

St. Patricks Day tree thepaintedapron.com

St. Patrick’s day is a week from today!

Waterlogue-2016-03-09-12-25-38

for another printable version of Vegetable Tramezzini click here

Painting Shamrocks tutorial here

Pot o’ Gold tree here

……………………………………………………….

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxWeekend Retreat, Poofing the Pillows

Comments
19 Responses to “Party Panache, Garden Tramezzini & Shamrock Sandwiches”

I love your little shamrock sandwiches Jenna! Wouldn’t they be fun for an Irish tea?! I feel like I have one foot in the land of leprechauns and the other in bunny-and-egg land with Easter so early this year 🙂

Your sandwiches turned out really cute and I’m sure very tasty! I agree with Mary, seems all the early holidays are stacked up close this year… I think I “need” some of those pots of gold for my tree too:@)

3. Obviously I’ve been living under a rock, I’ve never heard of tramenzzini. These little cutie patooties sure look good!

4. Jenna, I love little sandwiches and easy bites and your little shamrocks and Irish flag salad look tasty and easy! Linda

5. Oh, Jenna, these little sandwiches are right up my alley! They are so cute and healthy!! I will be making these for my daughter and myself for sure! I’ve been a bit “off the grid” lately, but it’s for all good reasons. We are prepping the beach house for painting and I decided to totally redo our wood porches and decks (which are showing signs of wear and tear). And the landscaping! Whew! We’ve cleared a jungle out of the back and side of the property. So lots going on and I can’t wait to reveal the final product in a few months!

All best to you and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

6. Emily says:

What great St Patrick’s Day vignettes and perfect little sammies! Love the place setting, gorgeous plate and what a great recipe. If I ever get lucky and back to Italy I will have to look for these little tramezzinis.

7. Jemma says:

I feel as though I really need to get with it and do something for St. Patrick’s Day and I think you have inspired me to do so! These tramenzzinis look wonderful and they have some of my very favorite ingredients!

Jemma

8. Marigene says:

These little sandwiches are so cute, but best of all they are yummy…I ♥ making them and eating them!
    Enjoy the weekend, Jenna.

9. Kiki Nakita says:

Jenna,

You’re so creative. These look delicate and delicious.

Here from Show & Share
    ~Kiki~

10. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
    Your sandwiches look so good!
    Thanks for sharing this recipe at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

11. Candy S says:

Oh yummy! I pinned these little beauties and bookmarked them into my recipe file. You cannot go wrong with cream cheese and mayo, they the perfect base for creamy sandwich fillings during lent.

12. JESS44903 says:

OH these are too cute and sound delicious!

I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

13. This looks pretty and delicious! The addition of spinach is interesting. I have been making Benedictine Spread and I think it very well may benefit from some spinach. Thanks for the idea! I’m off to experiment.