Take-out Tuesday, Gold Medal Wonton Chips

Are you going to be watching the Summer Olympics?  They start in just a few days, and you’re going to need something to nosh on…

wonton crackers

These baked wonton “chips” have an international appeal, Asian wonton wrappers, spiced up with Everything Seasoning,

everything seasoning thepaintedapron.com

Italian Parmesan cheese and good old American 🇺🇸  extra sharp Cheddar,

a gold medal winning combination!

My wontons wraps were large squares so I cut them in half to form finger food friendly triangles

Lay them on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet and spray or brush with olive oil

Sprinkle with cheddar, this will act like a glue to hold the seasoning to the baked cracker

Next sprinkle liberally with Parmesan and Everything seasoning and bake

Remove from pan to paper towels to absorb any excess oil

cheesy wonton crackers

Serve ’em up!

everything wonton crackers

Watch them disappear 💨

Gold Medal Wonton Chips

• Servings: varied

wonton wraps {generally found refrigerated in the produce section}

Everything Seasoning

grated extra sharp cheddar cheese

grated Parmesan

olive oil, coconut oil or quality oil spray

Cut wontons into triangles, about the size of tortilla chips.  Place them in a single layer on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.  Spray or brush with oil.  Top with cheddar cheese, then sprinkle liberally with seasoning and Parmesan.  Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese melts and wontons are crisp.  Drain on paper towels and serve warm or at room temperature.

The cheese forms a Frico like topping, another layer of crunch and flavor

cheesy wonton crackers

These would be great with soup or salad too  🍲

for another printable version of Gold Medal Wonton Chips click here

It’s not to early to start thinking TAILGATE!  🏈

Enjoy!

……………………………………………………………..

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate,  Rustic and Refined, Inspire Me Monday

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J,

The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life,   Tickle My Tastebuds,

Full Plate Thursday,  Work it Wednesday

Poofing the Pillows, Get Your DIY On,  Share it One More Time

Comments
20 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Gold Medal Wonton Chips”

Jenna, I had to chuckle at your ‘international appeal’ with your American, Asian and Italian ingredients! Thanks for your gold medal recipe. 🙂

2. Yum, Jenna! I would love a few “gold medals” of this type! I would probably eat the entire plate. Your Everything Seasoning sounds delicious too! Linda

What a yummy treat!

4. Emily says:

Jenna, both of these treats would disappear in a flash here. I love how easy and how pretty they serve up. Another great treat from The Painted Apron, my go to for great recipes!

5. Kim says:

Looks delish!

6. Sandra Garth says:

My oven is kind of crazy these days I hope these don’t come out like bronze metals!!!

7. Jenna, I am thinking these for Roll Tide football season coming soon!

I’m a big fan of noshing and you know football is always on my mind! Sounds good:@)

9. These look like a wonderful snack. I’m sure they wouldn’t last long in my house.
    Mary Alice

Oh my goodness, Jenna, these sound like the perfect gold medal snacks for watching the olympics, and easy, too!

11. Summer Daisy says:

This looks so delish ♥

summerdaisy.net

12. LydiaF1963 says:

I’ve fried wonton skins before and I’ve made baked egg rolls, but never thought to bake the wontons to make chips! *facepalm* My family would really enjoy these and I think you could easily change the flavors with a different cheese/spice blend. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg!

13. michelleoblogoff says:

Disappear is right! I’d eat them all! 😀

14. Helen Adams says:

Hi Jenna,
    What a great idea, I will sure be trying these! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday today. Have a great day and come back soon!