Take-out Tuesday, Crazy Spring Radish Pizza

I had some big fat rosy red radishes in an edible centerpiece

Radishes are one of my favorite things to paint and “play” with

Radishes and Roses

And guess what?

They are crazy good on a pizza!

Cut them into slices

Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt

They really don’t need pepper because they are peppery on their own

Roast the slices at 400 for about 15 minutes

I used my favorite ready crust, Pillsbury thin crust dough in a can

Place crust on baking sheet, prick all over with a fork and bake at 400 for about 8 minutes until crust begins to brown

I first spread the baked crust with Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Bread Spread

It is available at many stores, Piggly Wiggly, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Sur la Table, or

You can find a store here

This stuff is crazy good, but you can also use Alfredo sauce, pesto, olive oil or rub your crust with roasted garlic, anything that suits your fancy

I topped my pizza with crisp tender asparagus spears, blue cheese, parmesan cheese, Italian meats and the roasted radishes

Psst…look for this Castello Burger Blue in the deli cheese section of your grocery store.  It is my new favorite, it’s cut into handy slices perfect for topping sandwiches, burgers, pizza…and it has a wonderful balanced flavor

Create your radish pizza any way you want, substitute ricotta or goat cheese, make it all veggie, just radish, or maybe add chicken or bacon

Crazy Spring Radish Pizza

• Servings: 3-4, or more if cut into squares for appetizers

4-5 large radishes, tops and bottoms cut off, washed and sliced, about 4 slices per radish

1/4-1/2 cup roasted garlic bread spread, pesto, or any preferred sauce

20 asparagus spears, cooked to crisp tender*

4 oz Italian meats, prosciutto, salami, capicola, optional

2 oz blue cheese**

2 oz Parmesan cheese

1 prepared pizza crust or Pillsbury thin crust dough in a can

olive oil

kosher or sea salt

Place radish slices on parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt.  Roast at 400 for 15 minutes, or until edges begin to brown and curl.

Place pizza dough on baking sheet and prick all over with fork.  Bake raw pizza crust at 400 for 8 minutes until just starting to brown.  Spread evenly with garlic bread spread or sauce of choice.  Add toppings.  Return to oven for 12-14 minutes until cheese is melted and meats begin to crisp, and everything looks golden.

*wash asparagus and wrap in clean towel, microwave for 2 minutes

**if you don’t like bleu, substitute any cheese you prefer

watercolor radish pillow

radish tote

Color your world with radishes!

for another printable version of Crazy Spring Radish Pizza click here

🍒   🍒   🍒   🍒   🍒   🍒

Celebrate and Decorate,  Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the PorchCoastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Moonlight and Mason Jars   Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Share it One More Time

Comments
16 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Crazy Spring Radish Pizza”
  1. Well, I never thought of radishes on pizza! You are creative in so many ways. I’m intrigued to try this. Have a great day, Jenna.

Jenna, You’re as fearless in the kitchen when it comes to combining flavors as you are with your paintbrush! I’ll have to look for Castello Burger Blue cheese for my next blue cheese purchase 🙂

3. I will need to try radishes on pizza Jenna. Original idea. Love the radish flower centerpiece too. Clever!

Johanne Lamarche

Gotta try this! Had never thought of radishes on pizza! What a festival of flavors!

5. Jenna, I had never thought of radishes on pizza, but why not?? This pizza loves fabulous even before 8 a.m. You are creative with your food and I like that! Happy Tuesday’

6. Adoring those radish paintings — and the pizza looks amazing!

7. Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, I love pizza and the pizza you made looks yummy! I hope that you have a beautiful day! Happy Tuesday!!!

8. Rosie M. says:

I now know what we’re having for dinner tonight! Thanks, Jenna. We’ve been craving veggies, and this is a great idea!! Rosie

Jenna, honestly don’ t know what I love more here, the radish pizza, vignettes or your paintings! I do know the next pizza I make will have radishes and I have to make a centerpiece like yours, beautiful! Happy day……….

10. lulu says:

Radishes on a pizza….who would have thunk it! Clever you the way you’ve combined them with roses. These are ideas to copy.

11. So interesting…like your other readers, I have never even considered radishes on pizza – I will certainly have to try it. Love the pillow, too!

12. Piggy Wiggly… It’s been 100 years but I remember that store from when I was stationed in Arkansas:@)

13. Glenda Bettis says:

Just found your site! Love all you put on! Any chance you can tell me where you get your bags and pillows copied/ printed at. I love to paint and would love to give my art work to friends and family, this way Thank you Glenda Bettis

Sent from my iPad

Hi Jenna,
    There are so many things on this post that I just love! Starting with the pig plate, that is the cutest little pig ever! What a great idea to pair the roses with the radishes made a lovely centerpiece. I would just love a slice of the pizza and just sit and enjoy the beauty that you create! Hope you have a fantastic weekend and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )