Take-out Tuesday, Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies

You might want to call this Apple Pie in a Hurry or Cheatin’ Apple Pie…

4 ingredients and a pastry cutter

Easy peasy, lazy daisy

I used Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce from Trader Joe’s but you can also whip up your own with sweetened condensed milk, butter and brown sugar with this recipe here

Spread the bottom dough round with cream cheese, and top evenly with pie filling

Top filling with the other dough round and seal with the tines of a fork

Brush with egg wash and cut into individual size pieces with a fluted pastry wheel

A pastry wheel is a handy thing to have, you can order one from Amazon here

Using a pastry wheel is so much faster than hand sealing each pie and the result is more filling less crust in each pie

Cut through it again after baking to separate the pieces if necessary

Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with additional kosher or sea salt if desired

Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies

• Servings: 12-18 mini pies
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 box, 2 crusts, refrigerated pie crust dough

1 can, 22 oz. apple pie filling or 2 1/2 cups homemade pie fiiling

4 oz whipped cream cheese

1 egg, beaten, optional

Caramel sauce

kosher or sea salt, optional

Place 1 dough round on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Spread evenly with cream cheese.  Top with an even layer of apple pie filling.  Cover filling with remaining dough round and use the tines of a fork to seal dough all around the edges.  Brush with beaten egg for a shiny crust if desired.

Cut into desired sizes with a pastry wheel or knife.  Keep pieces close together as they were before cutting.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until crust is baked through and golden.  Cool and then drizzle with caramel sauce.  Sprinkle with kosher or sea salt if desired.

Here are some other similar recipes

Apple Walnut Pie Fries

Strawberry Pie Sticks

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies click here

🍏   🍎   🍏   🍎   🍏   🍎

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore  Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,     Creatively Crafty      Full Plate Thursday

Foodie Friday & Everything Else    Thursday Favorite Things   Home Matters

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party    Sundays at Home

Comments
18 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies”
  1. Jenna, I could use one of your pies with my coffee this morning! Who doesn’t love apple pie and when it is this easy makes it even better. I haven’t tried the salted caramel from Trader Joe’s, but I need to! Happy Tuesday!

Oh yum! Wish I had one with my coffee now.

You are so creative, Jenna! I love your “easy peasy, lazy daisy” way of making hand pies. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us. Yum, yum!!!

4. You are killing me. My plain toast seems so ordinary!

5. CoziNest says:

There’s not much I love more than a fried apple pie! This looks a bit healthier and the salted caramel is a fabulous addition! Thanks for sharing! And like the other ladies, I’m craving one with my coffee now.

Love your easy peasy recipes, Jenna!! 🍎💚🍎

7. That looks good. I can hear my Mr. saying no way, Jose! to less crust and more filling, lol! He loves the crust most of all in a cobbler or pie. My JQ Dickinson salted caramel would make this dessert divine for me, and I just happen to be going back for another farm to table dinner this week!

Sounds good! I see a few of us are having fun with the apple pie filling-enjoy:@)

9. Jacqueline says:

These are so clever, and what a way to enjoy a bite of pie! You really surprised me when I saw the next picture – how you cut them! Great idea.

10. lulu says:

It’s apple season in Maine, and I bought a big sack full yesterday. Your little pies look like something that will go over big at this house.

11. Ricki Treleaven says:

Jenna these hand pies look so delicious! Yummy!!! And it looks easy, too.

12. These look fabulous! What’ not to love about salted caramel apple! I’ll have to get some caramel from TJs next week!

These little bites of pie are perfectly portion controlled Jenna (if I could stop at one). I have a pastry wheel and a jar of salted caramel sauce too 🍎😀

Jenna, you made these delicious hand pies look so simple! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday!

15. JESS44903 says:

These sound so yummy! 🙂

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

1. […] Caramel Apple Slab Pie from No Biggie turned into Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )