Holidays, Kick off the Holidays with easy recipes and crafts!

Now that Thanksgiving is past, it’s officially time to get jolly!

This is a round up of easy and almost effortless recipes and ideas

to make your holidays Merry

Psst…Cyber Monday sale today through Tuesday at Society 6

Have you finished your shopping, or barely started?

You can make your own gift tags with PicMonkey in a variety of fonts and colors

Print them out on card stock

A hole punch and a piece of ribbon or twine is all you need

Use a cookie cutter to make different shaped tags

Attach your tag with ribbon and a holiday ornament for a festive touch, and a piece of burlap makes a quick bottle wrap

Or paint simple angels on plain tags from the craft store for Angel Tags

You can use tags to personalize place settings too

Glue 3 candy canes together to make a Candy Cane Easel to hold a place card

These are purchased gift tags personalized with paint pen markers

Great for labeling things on a buffet or juices on a Merry Mimosa Bar

You’re going to need some effortless appetizers

Rotel Pies go together in minutes, all the flavors of a zesty cheese dip in a handy bite sized package

A Snow Pea Tree makes a beautiful presentation

As does this Prosciutto & Pesto Puff Pastry Tree

Brown Sugar Bacon Bundles are always a hit

Raspberry White Chocolate Roll-ups are easy enough for little helpers to make

Italian Cream Tarts are like little bites of cannoli

Almond Spirals are one of my favorite Crescent Roll Creations, and are great for any occasion

Make a show stopping decoration by filling a bottle with lights and topping it with sparkling ornaments

Holiday Bottle Tree

We have fun every year with this Advent Calendar Tree

Clothespins glued to a large tree painted on a piece of particle board hold bags for a daily December surprise, treat, or activity

Have you ever painted ornaments?

These were inspired by knock off Vietri Santa plates, you can see the easy tutorial here

Scrap wood is great for holiday signs

Seas’ Ns Greetings

Merry Signs

Coastal Joy

I love it when Thanksgiving falls early, do you feel like you have extra time this year?

Tis’ the season to get busy!

🎄   🎁   🎅🏻  🎄   🎁   🎅🏻

Rustic and RefinedMerry Monday,  Between Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl   Full Plate Thursday

Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Home Matters    Share it One More Time   Sundays at Home

15 Responses to “Holidays, Kick off the Holidays with easy recipes and crafts!”
  1. Jenna, what a great round-up of ideas and recipes! Have a wonderful week of decking your halls!

oh boy – bring on the ho ho ho!!!! 🙂 wonderful ideas and recipes!

3. lulu says:

You are on a roll today. I don’t know which I need most, your talent or your energy.

4. Nancy says:

What fabulous ideas and recipes!! Gets me in the festive mode!

You are making me hungry! 😃 Looks so festive – love your tag ideas. 😍🎄✨

Fun ideas! I love the candy cane easels. It’s like we have an extra week to enjoy the twinkle and lights-enjoy:@)

A joyful post, Let the holidays begin.

I love your round up and inspirational post Jenna! It’s always good by me when Thanksgiving falls a week early, it does next year too! I hope you’re able to enjoy a little R&R from your Thanksgiving feast and activities.
    P.S. I’m sending condolences for the Iron Bowl!

9. Great ideas! I love early Thanksgiving too — a bit more time to be creative and I may well have to try it with a few of these great ideas!

Great news! I found a silicone mini-muffin pan so now I can make potato crowns again. They are SO good but I had sticking issues. Cannot wait!

10. Rita C. says:

Great ideas, Jenna! I need to pin this one to more than one Pinterest board. As far as the early TGVG goes, though, I feel a tad anxious that I should be finished with all my holiday decorating. Then I stop and realize it’s just the 27th! Good grief!

Oh fun, fun, fun Jenna!! Thank you for all your recipes and crafty ideas. I think my son and I could teach the kids how to make those Santa ornaments! You’re the best!

12. Kim says:

So many great ideas here! I especially like the candy cane easels. 🙂

13. What a lovely roundup of some your amazing recipes and crafts. Everything looks beautiful and/or yummy. I’m totally sharing this list!

14. You left no stone unturned here and I love it. I’d belly up to that Mimosa bar and be happy for a very long time! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story and we hope you will join us again next week.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

• Follow The Painted Apron on