Party Panache, Super Bowl Sunday

Are you going to watch the Super Bowl next Sunday?

We LOVE to watch sports at our house, and even if it’s just the two of us,

when there is a special game or event on TV, a themed vignette or buffet makes it even more fun

Cheese Fondue Dip  is perfect for the winter Olympics

We have Breakfast at Wimbledon every summer

We always spend Sunday at the Masters

College football calls for Tater Tots Kebabs with Beer Cheese Dip

You don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to put together a Super Super Bowl Spread

Skinny Super Bowl Spread features popcorn, Loaded Apple Cookies, Caesar Salad Dip with Salami Chips

Spur of the Moment Appetizer Buffet can be thrown together with deli guacamole, colorful pepper dippers and quick taco quesadillas

For the recent playoff game between the Eagles and the Vikings

we had a retro favorite

Good ole pigs in a blanket, chili cheese dip, celery, Fritos

If the thought of canned chili and Velveeta horrifies you,

make a dip with homemade chili and cheddar

🏈  Winter football just begs for a good warm chili dip and hot dogs   🌭

If you have crock pot, just add the chili and cheese and let it do it’s thing

a mini crock pot is perfect for small gatherings

Give it an occasional stir, and after 60-90 minutes it will be ready for dipping

If you want to speed things up, start it on the stove or in the microwave

and then transfer it to crock pot or fondue pot to keep warm

Simple pigs in a blanket are always a hit, and celery is a great dipping crudité,

and be sure to include a “scoopable” corn chip

Provide small bowls and a serving spoon,

the chili cheese dip can be surrounded by a variety of dippers for individual snack bowls

Presentation elevates everyday fare to irresistible eye candy!

A variety of toppings and packaged snacks make an instant  Popcorn Bar

Put purchased candies and desserts on pretty platters and under domes for a Sweet Fantasy Dessert Buffet

This Red Carpet Ricotta Cocktail Dip served in a funky glass with foccacia dippers is a portable party dip

Chili Cheese Dip with Pigs in a Blanket

• Servings: varied
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 can, 15 oz. Chili without beans, or use 2 cups homemade chili

8 oz Velveeta cheese cubed, or 8 oz grated cheddar

pigs in a blanket* or warm cocktail sausages or keilbasa sausage pieces

celery sticks

Frito Scoops or other sturdy corn chip

Combine chili and cheese in a sauce pan, crock pot or microwavable dish.  Cook until heated through and melted, stirring occasionally.  Time will depend on method. Dip takes 60-90 minutes in crock-pot depending on size.

Serve with a variety of dippers

*Pigs in a Blanket

crescent roll dough

cocktail sausages {also known as smokies}

Cut each dough triangle into 1/3s and wrap around 1 cocktail sausage.  Place on baking sheet {I prefer to line mine with parchment} and bake at 375 until golden, about 12-15 minutes

Who are you rooting for?

for another printable of Chili Cheese Dip with Pigs in a Blanket click here

Make a Football Field Table Runner for your buffet/tutorial here

Simple Strokes Abstract Tray tutorial here

psst...Valentine’s Day sale at Society 6, Sunday and Monday,

Jan. 28/29   25% off  everything with code ARTLOVE at checkout

Shop here

Slice of Life pillow

🌭   🏈   🌶   🌭   🏈   🌶

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl

Full Plate Thursday    Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty

Home Matters    Share it One More Time   Sundays at Home

Comments
30 Responses to “Party Panache, Super Bowl Sunday”
  1. Omg I love this post – fantastic ideas here! Keep up the amazing work. I’ve given you a follow so I can keep up to date with all your future posts! yay!

Jenna, I love your line up game day and sports snacks and eats! I love all these retro foods I see popping everywhere like Pigs in a blanket and Liittle Smokies. I had to chuckle at “If the thought of canned chili and Velveeta horrifies you…” 🙂 We’re pulling for the Eagles but I don’t know what’s on the menu yet! Happy Sales at Society6. ♥

3. Jenna, Super Bowl Sunday is the perfect excuse to eat all kinds of yummy junk food like velveeta and pigs in a blanket! I’m going to make Lynn’s marshmallows dipped in candy coating (you know, so we have enough sugar!) and I also love your idea of the taco quesadillas! I am looking for another blogger who will cheer for the Patriots with me. Now I’m off to admire your Valentine creations at your shop! Linda

Piggies!!! Love me some Pigs in a blanket:@) I’ve been on the lookout for that little dipper crock pot at the thrift stores… Did it come with a lid? The only ones I’ve seen haven’t had a lid. Enjoy game day planning Jenna!

• Yes, this one came with a lid, it came with my big Alabama crock pot as a set. I wish it had a low setting, you have to turn it off occasionally because it gets so hot, but it’s very handy to have for nibbling. I’ve seen new ones for as low as $10 at the grocery store. Happy hunting and go Eagles!!

Sometimes the best part of Super Bowl is the snacks. When the Steelers aren’t in it that is. 😉. Looovvvee that slice of life pillow ❤️

6. It looks like perfect party food! I know your guests will have a great time and no matter who wins, they won’t leave hungry!

7. Nancy says:

How fun! You are quite creative and each and every sports vignette is a blast! I am truly impressed! Bravo! We watch a lot of football and golf in this house! But I may have to have a Wimbledon party some day! And How I loved the winter Olympics vignette! Oh my new friend… I thoroughly enjoy your blog! I plan on sharing my pot roast recipe today or tomorrow… what sport could that be for?!?!?! LOL?!?

I don’t watch the super bowl but I’d like to be at your house for the snacks.

9. Jenna, all of your food looks fabulous. I can’t remember when I have watched a Super Bowl game, just don’t care for pro sports, but I could sure get the munchies at your house. My foodie self has several cans of Hormel chili in the pantry for chili cheese dip😳

10. I LOVE party food! Everything here looks so yummy, and I, for one, am not appalled by Velveeta and canned chili. That and Fritos Scoops, and I’m a happy girl. 🙂

11. Oh wow, You have proved beyond a doubt that the best part of any game or event is the food and the people. Everything looks just amazing!

12. What time is the party? I am coming to your house!! Everything looks delish!

13. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, oh these are such great ideas for game day. I hope you have a great time at yours.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

14. Sandra Garth says:

You’ve thought of everything! I hadn’t planned on making anything special for Super Bowl Sunday but now I’m rethinking that. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing these yummies at Celebrate Your Story. Have a fun weekend!

Your Super Bowl Party Panache is awesome and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!