Holidays, A different kind of Carrot Cake!

Happy Easter!

We had a community Easter Egg hunt Saturday, all the little bunnies were so adorable

Baskets in hand, my bunnies patiently waited for the hunt to begin…

For our celebration we had a “Carrot” cake

This is not your traditional carrot cake,

this is a Beach Bum Butter Rum Cake

You can substitute rum extract instead of the rum if you like

A very easy cake to make, and to save time I used cream cheese icing in a can, doctored with a little almond extract

The bunnies were hopping in delight!!

A Different Kind of Carrot Cake {Butter Rum Bundt}

• Servings: 12

1 box Butter Pecan Cake mix

3/4 cup Coconut Rum or substitute with milk and 2 tsp rum extract

4 large eggs, room temperature

1 stick, 1/2 cup, unsalted butter, melted

1 pkg. instant butterscotch pudding

1 cup butterscotch chips

1/4 cup sugar*

Spray a bundt pan thoroughly with cooking spray.   Put sugar in pan and over the sink, tilt and tap pan, turning making a thin sugar coating over the inside of the pan.  This makes the outer layer slightly crunchy, omit this step if desired.

Combine dry cake mix with pudding mix. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well. Add butter and rum, mix, and then stir in butterscotch chips.

Put batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, checking often near the end of baking time.  Do not over bake.

Cool cake thoroughly before icing

Shortcut Almond Cream Cheese Icing

1 can prepared cream cheese icing

2 tsp almond emulsion

Stir together and ice cake.  Decorate with sprinkles, more butterscotch chips or candies

I used gummy carrots for an Spring & Easter touch

Welcome Spring!

for another printable version of this Butter Rum Bundt click here

🥕   🌷   🥕   🌷   🥕

Spring & Easter Joy on Panalopy

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
20 Responses to “Holidays, A different kind of Carrot Cake!”

Looks good and your grands are darling! Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!🐇🐣

Love your little carrot decorations on the cake! Happy Easter Jenna-enjoy:@)

3. Rita C. says:

WOW! That looks delicious! And your bunnies are all so adorable, both your real and faux (that sunbather!) ones. Happy Easter, Jenna.

Your little bunnies are adorable with their baskets in hand patiently waiting Jenna! Your cake looks delicious and I love the gummy carrots! Happy Easter. ♥

5. Nancy says:

I just pinned your recipe!

Happy Easter! Your grandchildren are adorable!

6. The little bunnies are adorable Jenna. Your cake looks and sounds delicious. I love being a beach bum and eating like one 🙂 Love all your sweet Easter decor and vignettes. Happy Easter dear Jenna……..

What a perfectly yummy looking cake, Jenna. I LOVE the pic of your kiddos patiently waiting for the hunt to begin. Your reclining bunny with the sunglasses on,, made me smile. I’ll bet you had a wonderful Easter with your family.

8. Oh Jenna, your little bunnies are so cute! The cake looks delicious and I will be trying this recipe for sure!

9. Sandra Garth says:

Beach Bum Butter Rum, say that 10 fast!! It sounds like my kind of cake and I love the bunnies. Hope your holiday was fantastic!

10. It’s adorable, and I love the decorations too. (But who’d want to swap out the rum? Not me!)

11. Jacqueline says:

That sounds like a fabulous cake! I love the addition of the butterscotch chips! Thanks for including a version with rum flavor. I always substitute so it is nice when that is included.
    Can you imagine filling all of the eggs for a community party?!! Hubby and I spent hours just filling our family’s eggs. They look so ready to run!

12. Jenna, Your baby bunnies are growing! The baskets are so cute and I hope they were filled after the hunt! Yum — the cake sounds delish. I had no idea there were box mixes for butter pecan! I may try this next weekend, maybe with flowers on top for spring which is trying to appear! Linda