Take-out Tuesday, Flatbread Lorraine & Crazy Combos

Flatbreads are my go-to favorite for a fast and fabulous meal

You can call them pizzas, but that sounds so ordinary, and these certainly are not!

I like to pile on vegetables so they are truly a balanced one dish meal

I hope these combos will inspire you to go a little crazy and create a flatbread with some unexpected ingredients

Flatbread Lorraine

This flatbread is a twist on Quiche Lorraine which is made with caramelized onions, Swiss cheese and bacon

Make quick work of cooking the bacon and onions by letting the oven do the work for you

Flatbread Lorraine

The base of the flatbread below is butternut squash pasta sauce

It’s topped with salami, prosciutto & Parmesan cheese and sprinkled with rosemary or fried sage

Butternut Squash Flatbread with Salami, Prosciutto, Parmesan & Rosemary

Here are some other crazy combos, just click on the green highlighted title to see the recipe

Flatbread with Pear Prosciutto & Pine Nuts

Artichoke, Pesto and Balsamic Flatbread

Pineapple, Parmesan & Proscuitto with Bacon Aioli

Zucchini Flatbread with Olive Oil, Prosciutto & Parm

The best part of making your own flatbreads or pizzas, is that you can control the fat and calories and add lots of healthy vegetables

Prosciutto is a favorite ingredient because it cooks right on the pizza and doesn’t require any prep

Cooked chicken is also a great way to add lean protein

Fresh spinach or kale are great greens to add to your flatbread creation, not to mention these other favorites: Brussel sprouts, corn, yellow squash

I often choose Parmesan cheese because a little goes a long way in flavor and it’s not a fatty cheese like cheddar

Try goat cheese, bleu cheese, feta, fresh mozzarella or ricotta for something different

Endless Possibilities!

You can see another roundup of unusual pizzas, and print a handy reference sheet of suggested ingredients here

You can see all the Pizzas and Flatbreads from the Painted Apron on my Pinterest board here

What’s your favorite pizza topping?

🍕   🍕   🍕

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
18 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Flatbread Lorraine & Crazy Combos”

Oh my. I want a square of each for breakfast.

2. Jenna, I want pear, prosciutto, and pine nuts! All of these flatbreads look amazing. We do love pizza at our house! Thanks for this awesome roundup!

Each one a work of art!

4. Love these creative combinations!

5. I do love flatbreads — I always feel just a little bit more virtuous than eating a thicker pizza crust. These combos look great!

They all sound good, I need the spinach in my planter to grow:@)

Oh, Yum!! Love flatbread! You always have such appetizing ideas…thank you Jenna! ❤️

Delicious toppings Jenna and I love your tip for cooking the bacon and onion together in the oven, what a time saver! Fig, blue cheese, prosciutto and arugula is favorite combo for us.♥

9. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

I love flatbread! I am so stinking hungry looking at your beautiful dishes! Thanks for the ideas. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

This is a great collection of Flatbread, which I love! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday for the party this week. Hope you have a great week and come back to see us real soon!

1. […]  Pineapple Prosciutto and Parmesan Pizza  can be served as an app or main dish […]