Holidays, Cinco de Derby, Run for the Tacos & Pina Colada Salad

The fun holidays have really been jumbled up this year

And this Saturday is not only Cinco de Mayo  💃

It’s also the Kentucky Derby, the famous horse race,

also called The Run for the Roses  🏇 🏇       🏇

This is my sweet niece and her cute hubby at the Derby a couple of years ago

At our house we will be celebrating

Cinco de Derby

Run for the Tacos!

Our family is coming to the coast for the weekend and it’s nice to plan the menu in advance to save time and stress

This month I will be highlighting healthier versions of Mexican favorites, like this Skinny Margarita

We are going to grill chicken and vegetables for fajitas and you can forgo the tortillas or use lettuce as a wrap

I will share the Skinny Enchilada Dip soon, but today I want to share this quick & easy Pina Colada Salad

Glorious summer fruits are just coming into season now, strawberries, cantaloupe, juicy watermelon, fat green grapes are paired with mandarin oranges, fresh pineapple and blueberries

This salad packs an extra punch of flavor with a drizzle of Cream of Coconut and coconut shreds

It’s so cool, light, and refreshing, and if you buy prepared fruit, it only takes minutes to prepare

Piña Colada Fruit Salad

• Servings: varied
  • Difficulty: very easy

adjust quantities for number of servings needed

use whatever fruits you like

Suggestions

Watermelon

Fresh Pineapple

Cantaloupe

Strawberries

Blueberries

Grapes

Oranges

Cream of Coconut

Coconut shreds

For fast and easy prep, buy fruit already cut, or you can cut fruit into bite sized pieces {prep time will be longer}  Toss together in serving bowl.  Just before serving, drizzle cream of coconut over fruit {a little or a lot!} and sprinkle with coconut shreds

Olé!

Tomorrow I will share the Kentucky Derby Pecan Delights

These are also quick and easy,

you’ll have plenty of time to make them before the big race!

Want to find out your Derby horse name ?

Click here

I am Vladimir’s Snickerdoodle and HH is Colonel’s Long Face

NG & DD

CC, HHjr, & Charlie Brown

Everyone gets their own personalized sheet* to place their picks for Win, Place & Show

*I made the sheets with PicMonkey

It’s funny how the generated names are quite fitting!

You can get more info and the list of real names for 2018 here

We will be noshing on Skinny Enchilada Dip {coming up soon}

while we watch The Greatest Two Minutes in Sports!

for another printable version of Piña Colada Salad click here

🏇   🍍   💃   🌹   🌮   🍉   🏇

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
22 Responses to “Holidays, Cinco de Derby, Run for the Tacos & Pina Colada Salad”

Greetings from JayLaw’s Coach2:@) Somehow I think I’d run a little faster if there was a taco waiting for me at the finish line!!! Enjoy Saturday Jenna, sounds like it will be a fun day!

2. Jenna, you are prepared for a great weekend of fun with fabulous food, yum that menu! The pina colada salad looks so colorful and delicious! Enjoy your Cinco de Derby Saturday!

3. I love “run for the tacos!” We need to go to a graduation party I think is potluck (not sure — better clear that one!) and a taco salad or the pina colada fruit salad would be great! Or anything here!

4. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

Oh it looks like you all will have so much fun. The fruit itself has me wanting to join you. Love how you made those personalized sheets. So creative. When we went to the ARK in KY we saw some of the most beautiful horses I have even seen. The countryside alone was breath taking. Have fun and enjoy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

What a feast and I love tacos!

6. I have GOT to figure out how to use that Pic Monkey thing!!! I thought I heard some years back that it was going away, so I never invested time in learning how to use it. I’m always a decade behind technology! Kudos to you for exploring “skinny” recipes for old favorites! Great way to indulge without guilt. I do a few things in that department, but I’ve got to do more. I’ll start with at least trying the skinny margarita. With a (former) last name of Rodriguez, you KNOW my margaritas have GOT TO BE on point!!!😁

I chuckled at your ‘Run for the Tacos’ Jenna, then really laughed to see my horse’s name is Colonel Macchiato, sounds like it could be legit! Your menu is creative and delicious. ♥

Cute, cute post Jenna. Yum, the fruit salad sounds perfect, especially now we have our expected hot weather. Your party sounds like fun, love the menu and drinks. Of course everything you do always looks fabulous like this table setting. Cute pic of your niece and her husband. Saving this recipe for making this summer, yum……….

9. Linda says:

Fun post Jenna. I didn’t realize all those holidays were together. The Pina colada salad looks delicious. Chicken fajitas are always a favorite. Love your Run for the Tacos….LOL have a wonderful weekend with family.

Congratulations!
    Your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday and we have pinned it to our Features Board. Thanks so much for sharing with us and enjoy your new Red Plate.

1. […] And don’t forget the fruit!   Summer fruits really don’t need enhancing, but you can drizzle it with Coconut Syrup and sprinkle it with coconut like in this Pina Colada Fruit Salad […]

w