Holidays, Christmas in July, Holiday Jump Start

When I walked into Hobby Lobby last week and saw the employees filling up the shelves with Christmas and holiday items I was shocked…not that I don’t realize that stores, especially craft stores, start pushing holidays early… I think I was surprised that summer was already starting to wind down!

Well, if you can’t fight ’em, join ’em!!

Since it’s been such a hot summer in most of the USA this year I thought it would be fun to cool off with some Holiday fun… and have a little

Christmas in July!

Nothing is better than seeing the holidays through children’s eyes!

Big smiles are guaranteed with a Candyland  Tree

One of my very favorite tables is Angels in the Snow, with Burlap Angels and Fancy Fake Packages

One year the theme in the dining room was “Hark the Herald Angels Sing”

The angels come out every year somewhere!

Choir of Angels

The angels are made with burlap, wine bottles, wood beads, pipe cleaners and swirly picks, see the tutorial here

I love love my Christmas Cottages, they are made with cardboard houses from Hobby Lobby,

a fun project to do inside this summer in the AC!

Get a head start on your decorating by painting some Merry Signs

Merry Mimosas

Coastal Holiday Signs and crafts

JOY

Seas ‘Ns Greetings

Sea Glass Tree

When you buy pumpkins this fall, keep them around for holiday decorating

Holiday Home Tour

Holiday Pumpkin Patch

Start collecting things to make a memorable themed tree

I made this Sweet Home Alabama Tree several years ago, and store it completely decorated behind a decorative room divider in my dining room

So cool off this summer with some Christmas crafts and get a jump start on the season!

I will let you know about sales in my Society 6 Shop,  so you can get a head start on decorating too!

There is a a big Summer Art sale today & tomorrow, Sunday July 29- Monday July 30,

20% off everything, 30% off art prints, 40% off posters!!

Shop here

See more holiday items in the Christmas Collection here

At least thinking about Christmas in July might help you cool off a bit!

🎄   🎅🏻  🎄   🎅🏻  🎄

Dishing it & Digging it, Happiness is Homemade  Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck

Comments
27 Responses to “Holidays, Christmas in July, Holiday Jump Start”

Ha, I’m all about the Merry Mimosas… Any time of year:@)

2. RS says:

Love the burlap angels. Going to have to copy!

3. Great holiday ideas!! I “think” Christmas all year and Hobby Lobby has already given me a few ideas!! I took your pineapple salsa/hot dog idea and will post it this week!

LOL! great idea.

5. These are such great reminders! It’s so hot here that doing a few Christmas crafts and thinking ahead is really a good idea. I’m scheming on a few things. 😉

6. It is crazy, Halloween is out in July, Thanksgiving is the shelf behind that, and Christmas is being unpacked on another aisle. I hate rushing the seasons like that!! But, retailers, especially crafting stores, have to get the goods out so us crafters have plenty of time don’t they? Now I need to get to work on the designs for the upcoming third annual Autumn Jubilee!

7. Kari says:

I am a sucker for gingerbread houses and gingerbread….yummy! I know we all have to be pro-active on the Holidays…or we really miss out on some good deals and inspiration. I am going to be ready…I hope. LOL

8. Marion says:

I love all your decorations and crafts. The photo of the tree in the truck with the two cuties is a reminder to get your tree while they are fresh. Thank You for sharing.
    Marion

9. Marion says:

Love all the pictures. I too love gingerbread things too. I just purchased a small tree to have a totally gingerbread tree. We have some gingerbread items large and small ones for the tree.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS IN JULY.
    Marilyn

10. Jenna, I love seeing all of your beautiful ideas and creations. The two adorable grands happen to be my favorite! I saw Christmas in Hobby Lobby last week!

11. Nancy says:

Love that Sea Glass Tree!

Merry Christmas! 😀

I just popped in Hobby Lobby this morning Jenna on my way to run errands…it’s a Christmas and Harvest wonderland! Thanks for the round up and inspiration. Happy Sales to you❣️🎨🎄

Your two grands are just the cutest little kids!! What fun projects, Jenna! Thank you for sharing your ideas and tutorials with us.

14. I’m so not ready — but I’d better start on the crafty side given that it will be upon us before we know it!