News

Even though I sometimes include personal stories and photos on the Painted Apron, my main goal is to provide inspiration, information and stimulate creativity.  The Painted Apron is indeed a happy place for me because it prods me to learn, experiment, try new things, and share ideas.

I have experienced a major life change recently, but I plan on moving forward with my life, continuing to do the things I love.

Just a quick note to share what’s been going on, my husband, HH, passed away Aug 1.  It was totally unexpected, he has always been so fit and healthy.  He was in the place he loved the most, our beach house, when his heart stopped beating.  Please, please, don’t feel badly for me, I am surrounded by family, friends and neighbors who are showering us with love, hugs, support and food…

The best thing for me is to continue to live my life remembering the very special marriage we had.  We had a love at first sight moment when we met and married very young.  HH was loved by all, always the life of the party and so very generous.  {You can read more here and see photos if you like}

Thank you for all the sweet comments and support you have given me the last 6 years, and I consider each and every reader a very special friend…

I hope you will continue to follow along as I embark on my new adventure…

💞Jenna

Comments
45 Responses to “News”
  1. Charlotte Hall says:

I am so sorry for your loss. Words cannot express how this news tears at my heart. Even though we’ve never met, I feel a kinship as our lives have many similarities. Please know that your many readers are praying for your peace of mind and strength for you and your family.

2. Carole Prisk says:

My condolences.

3. Jenna, I truly have no words. I have been so concerned for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

4. Wrenn Bretz says:

Even in this time of sadness, you continue to be an inspiration. Love to all of you.
    Wrenn

5. Sending big virtual hugs to you, Jenna, so sorry for your loss!!

6. Daphne Thomas says:

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. He would be very proud of the strength and faith that you have…

Jenna,
    My heart breaks for you as I place you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. We will be walking along side as you continue your journey in life and inspire us with your walk.May God be with you, I am sending you love & hugs!

8. Oh my gosh, Jenna, I am so incredibly sorry to read this. My heart is hurting for you and here you are being positive. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

9. susan martin says:

I know there are no words. Hugs, prayers and much love.😥🙏👼🏻

10. Lorraine says:

Oh Jenna, I’m so sorry for the sudden, unexpected loss of your sweet husband. It’s wonderful that you have so many friends and dear family members to help and support you through this sorrowful time. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones. Hugs, Lorraine

Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Look forward to seeing you soon.
    Hugs……..

12. Sandra D Joliet says:

Hug those near and dear to you because you never know when the last time you see, touch and talk to someone will be. I know he would want you to continue with what makes you happy.

OMG, shocking news Jenna, I’m so sorry to hear. I wish you and your family peace. Please take care.

14. Anonymous says:

Jenna,
    I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear husband…many prayers will be going up for you and your family during this very hard time. Love to you and your family.

Blessings,
    Linda

15. Rosie M. says:

You are in my heart and prayers, Jenna. I actually gasped when I read your words this morning. Please know all of us who follow you are virtually surrounding you with support and deep affection. You brighten our world with the inspiration and talent you share with us on your blog. I consider you a friend, and wish you and your precious family comfort and strength during this impossibly difficult time. Please take care of yourself and feel the love that surrounds you. Rosie Moreno

Oh, Jenna, surrounding you with love and hugs. I am so sorry to hear this news and for your loss. I’m glad you have the support and love of your family. ❤️ May you be comforted knowing that so many people love and care about you. 😘💕xo

17. anne says:

Jenna, my sincere condolences to you and your family. I know what a shock it must be. Please know I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    With deepest sympathy,
    Anne

18. pattyanneart says:

Oh Jenna, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear husband. Thinking of you and your family. Sending hugs and prayers.

19. Nancy Sharp says:

Words can’t express your sorrow, but they do let you know so many of your readers are thinking about you and praying for you. I admire your strength to come back to your blog so quickly. I’ll keep you in my prayers as you build a new life.❤️

Jenna, my heart goes out to you and your family at this sad news. May God give you grace and comfort each day as you strive to move forward.

21. Elaine R. says:

I am so sorry for your loss. As soon I saw your husband’s photo I could tell why you feel in love. His smile is amazing! May all those beautiful memories give you comfort.
    Blessings to you and your family.

22. diane in northern wis says:

Oh my gosh. I am so so sorry to hear your news. May your wonderful memories of what sounds like an absolutely wonderful man, be with you always. I love your blog and hope you will continue with it, if you can. The most important thing is that you do what is most important for you. You and your hubby are in my prayers. God Bless You.

Oh Jenna…….. I have goosebumps on my entire body. I am so so sorry to hear this! I am so glad you are surrounded with loved ones. Feel my hugs from afar! My heart is with you. ❤

Jenna – I just looked at every beautiful photo on HH’s obituary memorial page. What a lovely tribute to a beautiful life! Was that last one your wedding photo? Oh Jenna- please feel my heart and love! ❤

Thank you for sharing more of your HH with us. He will be missed and isn’t that a wonderful thing as he touched so many lives. Wherever you go you will be surrounded by those who also loved him. I will keep you all in my prayers.

26. Oh Jenna. My heart is breaking as I read this post and can only imagine the depths of loss you are experiencing. No words can fully express my sadness for what you must be feeling right now, for the loss of someone so full of joy as your HH. My heart is with you and I only wish I was close at hand to give you a hug when you need it, to listen when you want to speak, to be still with you when you don’t. All my wishes for peace and healing.

I’m sending you love and hugs..I’m walking this path as well, my dear husband died two years ago. Keep your family and friends close and we are all with you too.

28. Alan says:

My condolences Jenna. Glad you have family and friends around for support. Hope to see you soon, and of course, I’ll be reading, following, and commenting on these pages.

29. Jeanie says:

I am so very sorry to hear your HH passed away. I am glad you have family, friends & neighbors giving you love & support. May God bless you & your family. Hugs & prayers my friend. ❤

30. Jenna, I was shocked and saddened to read your post yesterday about your beloved husband. Please know I immediately began praying for you and your family but I couldn’t write anything yesterday. My heart hurts for you.
    You are a strong person and I am amazed at your strength! I know God will comfort and continue to provide the strength and peace you need each day.

31. Dear Jenna, My heart breaks for your family at the sudden loss of your husband. You always wrote so lovingly of HH and of your family. I did look at the photographs you posted and know there are so many wonderful memories to bring comfort in your sorrow and grief. Please know that you are in my thoughts and in my prayers at this difficult time. Big hug. Johanne

Oh Jenna, I am so distressed to read this. My heart hurts for you. I have been on ‘lakecation’ this past week and have been unplugged. I’ve been thinking about you and hoping you were just dealing with home chores and projects. There are no words…you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. ♥♥♥

33. J says:

I’m so so sorry for your loss of your husband Jenna! Glad that your around family and friends in the time of need. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

34. Ellen says:

My heart aches for you as you begin this journey. Grieving is also a journey, one that we would rather not undertake, but nonetheless necessary. It encompasses a time of reflection, pain, despair, hope, readjustment, reinvolvement, and healing. May I suggest, when you feel ready, that you read “On Grief and Grieving” by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. I share her words often : “The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal, and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again, but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to be.” Thank-you for sharing, the photos are beautiful!

35. Marilyn says:

I am sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.
    God Bless
    Marilyn

36. Marion says:

Thinking of you and your family. God Bless
    Marion

Oh my goodness, dearest Jenna, I am so very sorry about the loss of your dear husband. I have chills as I read your post, and please know that my heart and my prayers are with you. I am so thankful that you are surrounded by such loving family, and friends. Love and God bless you.

38. Robyn B Henningsen says:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.

39. cupcake1657 says:

Jenna, what a legacy your dear HH left behind. I know it will continue to bring good memories for you and your family. Especially your grandchildren. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to following along in this new adventure.

40. mjj says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

41. Kathleen says:

I am just seeing this, Jenna and I am shocked. Please accept my deepest sympathy, such a shock and the same way Mike went last year.
    Let yourself grieve, it is a necessary part of healing.
    I wish I could give you a hug. Some days it’s what keeps you going.
    You are in my prayers.

42. Nancy says:

Oh I AM SO SORRY for your loss! Prayers for peace for you my friend.
    Just know… even in your sorrow… you still inspire. Hugs to you!

43. Jenna I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a very loving and happy life together. May the memories provide great comfort through the days ahead. Sending a virtual hug, Liz

44. Linda says:

Jenna, I was deeply saddened to hear this news about your beloved husband. You are a very strong woman whom I admire so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you start this new journey. Thank goodness for a close family and friends to make this new chapter an easy transition. Xo