Recipe Box, Broccoli Recipe Round-up

Even though I LOVE vegetables, Broccoli has always been one of my least favorites

I chose it for last January’s Flavor of the Month because I wanted to find different ways of using it,

so I rounded up all the recipes I have made and loved with broccoli

Some of the recipes are healthier than others, but they all are a delicious way to get more healthy broccoli into your diet!

This Nutty Broccoli & Fruit Salad was a big hit in my house, so fresh and healthy, easy to prepare and leftovers were good the next day

I think everyone one likes a good Cheesy Broccoli Casserole,

and this one is made and baked all in the same dish, no clean up required!

My all time favorite way to eat Broccoli is roasted with Parmesan and garlic

I call it Broccoli Candy, because you will find yourself and anyone else nearby popping it in your mouth before it ever gets on plates!

HHjr & I almost polished off a whole sheet pan full before we ever finished setting out the rest of the food!

Here are my other favorites:

Prosciutto Asparagus & Broccoli Pizza

Broccoli & Cheese Dip or Spread

Broccoli Salad with Sweet Sesame Dressing

Spinach & Kale Salad with Broccoli Croutons

vegetable salad with broccoli croutons

Broccoli & Cauliflower with Beer Cheese Sauce

Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad

Broccoli & Cheese Smothered Potato Boats

Hmmm….you know what??

I think I do like broccoli after all!!

Eat more Broccoli!!

🥦  🥦  🥦

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
29 Responses to “Recipe Box, Broccoli Recipe Round-up”
  1. Thank you for rounding up all your delicious broccoli recipes. I have broccoli in the refrigerator and was planning on doing something with it for tonight’s dinner and you have inspired me with some really good options. Happy Thursday Jenna!

2. It’s never been one of my faves either although those salads look good. Actually the dip with bacon looks better but that sort of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?!

Oh yum yum yum yum! Broccoli is one of my FAVE veggies! Can eat a whole head simply steamed with a bit of salt and butter!

I do love broccoli and your drawing is awesome.

5. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

I love broccoli, and you have shared some wonderful recipes! Happy Thursday!!!

Yes, you are right, I too, need to add more vegetables to my menu planning and these recipes sound like a really great way to do it! The Nutty Broccoli Fruit Salad is one we do in the north, but no pear or cashews, but do add bacon, ha. Next time I will add a pear as well! Love the broccoli casserole with the cheese and French fried onions,YUM. Eager to try the “candy” version as well! Thanks! 😄

7. Kari says:

I love broccoli Jenna…especially in a cheesy rice and broccoli casserole. which may or may not be completely healthy eating. LOL thank you for these wonderful variations! Can’t believe it is Thursday already…this week is flying by. Great start to the new year. 😦 Hugs

8. pattyanneart says:

I love broccoli, thank you for all of the recipes. Yum!

Liked by 2 people

9. gloria says:

This is timely, thank you! But when I clicked on the Cheesy Broccoli recipe, there was no recipe. :o(

10. lulu says:

I like broccoli but the hubby much prefers spinach. I do like the salad and always choose it when it’s available. Funny though, I’ve never made it.

Liked by 2 people

11. Oh the broccoli “candy” looks so yummy! I want to try it 😊

Your recipes and artwork are making me hungry! 😃 I love broccoli and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. I will have to give your broccoli candy recipe a try! 🥦💕

13. Rita C. says:

I pin so many recipes from your blog, Jenna! What I love most about your recipes is that you (very creatively) take ordinary staples, mix them together, and create wonderful dishes. Kid-tested, man-hungry proven, and all-around pleasingly wonderful dishes. What better tests to pass?!

14. Nice selection of broccoli recipes!

15. Hope Smitherman says:

For someone who doesn’t care too much for broccoli, you have an amazing array of recipes. It’s definitely one of my favorite vegetables and I’m completely fine with just roasting it with olive oil, salt, and pepper (though adding some parmesan and garlic does sound heavenly). Thank you for giving me an array of other options!

16. krcc says:

Seems like an a veg not quite washable. Needs to be cut up small to consume better. For me, I’m not a fan of carrots.

Your Nutty Broccoli Fruit Salad reminds me of a pasta salad version we enjoy Jenna! Keep
    Calm and Broccoli On 🙂

18. Mother of 3 says:

I just love broccoli and these all look so delicious!! Pinned.

1. […] Broccoli Recipe Round Up from the Painted Apron archives, all my favorite broccoli recipes in one post […]