Take-out Tuesday, Ranch Picnic Chicken Nuggets

Ranch Picnic Chicken Nuggets are like take-out fried chicken

Grab ‘n go, Eat and run, Pack a Picnic, Chicken!

But sooo much better…

Tender, tasty, buttery, tangy, crispy bites

You can whip these up in no time at all!

Guess where the crunch comes from

Potato Chips!

Plus a little Ranch seasoning and some Parmesan cheese

and you know this is going to be good!

You can make your chicken pieces any size or shape you want

If you have time marinate the chicken in buttermilk

A few hours or overnight makes it so tender

Use a plastic mat  to cut raw chicken

it can go straight in the dishwasher when prep is finished

Cut the whole boneless chicken breasts into fairly large chunks

All the more area to cover with delicious crispiness!

Crush the potato chips in a baggie with a rolling pin

Melt 1/2 stick butter in a shallow bowl

Mix the ranch dressing mix, Parmesan and crushed chips together in another bowl

and set up a dredging station

Once you’ve dipped all the chicken pieces in butter and crushed goodness,

Put the chicken nuggets in a prepared pan

Sprinkle the top of casserole with any remaining crunchies

Drizzle with the rest of the melted butter

Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes,

until it is golden and amazing!

Serve it up or pack it in your picnic basket

picnic chicken thepaintedapron.com

potato chip chicken thepaintedapron.com

This chicken is also wonderful on top of a salad

in a wrap, or on a slider bun

Ranch Picnic Chicken Nuggets

• Servings: 3-4

2 boneless chicken breasts

3 big handfuls of potato chips, 2-3 oz.

3 T Ranch Dressing Mix

3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1/2 stick, {4 T} butter, melted

Cut chicken into large nuggets or tenders.  Crush potato chips and mix with Ranch seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.  Dip chicken pieces first in butter, then dredge in chip mixture.  Place pieces in an oil sprayed baked dish, close together.  Top with any remaining chip mix and drizzle with any remaining butter.  Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until golden and crunchy, basting half way through baking if possible

Cooking time will vary with size and temperature of nuggets so watch carefully near the end of cooking time

Picnic Basket makeover

Picnic at the Backyard Bar

for a another printable version of Ranch Picnic Chicken Nuggets click here

Happy Picnicking!  🧺

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
26 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Ranch Picnic Chicken Nuggets”

Sounds oh so tasty Jenna! I bet the grands love these nuggets too 🙂

2. Kari says:

Jenna, you had me at picnic, potato chips and chicken casserole. All my favorites and this recipe will definitely be in my growing recipe file, thanks to you. Have a great day sweet friend.
    Kari

3. Jenna, potato chips make the perfect crisp. I will have to make this for Ella Mae, she loves chicken nuggets. Happy Tuesday!

Delish! Surely cannot go wrong!!!

5. The printer is running as I type — this looks great and wonderful for summer!

Yummy, my granddaughter loves the salt and vinegar chips. I wonder how those would taste as the crispy coating?

7. Benita says:

Great recipe! And you are right, perfect for a picnic. My mother used to soak our chicken in buttermilk before she fried it. Gave it a crispy skin! Hugs!

8. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

Oh my mercy on his sounds and looks awesome ! This is a must try ! Thank you for sharing . Hugs and blessings , Cindy

Mmmmm I want to try these, Jenna, and they’re oh so easy! They’d be great atop my lunchtime salad.

Jenna, I believe I made this, your recipe, last year up at the cabin and IT WAS WONDERFUL! Yes, thank your for showcasing it again, it was a huge hit , no left overs and is making my mouth water. Will do again soon! 😋

11. Nancy says:

You amaze me! I love how this came out! Potato Chips make a fabulous crunch!

12. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, oh these chicken nuggets sound so good. I would never have thought to use potato chips. Thanks for the recipe! Have a great weekend.

1. […] via Take-out Tuesday, Ranch Picnic Chicken Nuggets — The Painted Apron […]