Take-out Tuesday, Wonderfully Wicked Chicken, Slow Cooker

This chicken is not my original recipe,

but it is something I have wanted to try…

There are many many versions all over the internet,

most commonly called Crack Chicken

“Crack” has become the term associated with recipes using the ever popular dry Ranch seasoning mix

This could not be any easier

Place the chicken in a sprayed or lined slow cooker

Sprinkle with dry Ranch seasoning

Cut the cream cheese into cubes

Place it on top and around the chicken*

*I used boneless chicken thighs because I think they have more flavor, but boneless breasts are fine

Cover and let it do it’s thing for 7 hours on low

Okay, now don’t panic,

I realize at this point it doesn’t look very impressive…

But in a minute it’s going to look completely different!

Using 2 forks, shred the chicken, directly in the pot and stir

Continue shredding and stirring and it will all come together and thicken

Sprinkle it with bacon and cheese

Recover and let it cook for 10-15 more minutes to melt cheese

Serve it up!

We had it on toasted Hawaiian slider buns,

You could also serve it over rice, pasta or in a wrap

Very yummy!

You can also top the chicken with a drizzle of your favorite BBQ sauce

This recipe is adapted from Crack Chicken from the Magical Slow Cooker

Wonderfully Wicked Chicken, slow cooker

• Servings: 4-6
  • Difficulty: very easy

2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (trim off excess fat if desired)

1 oz. packet ranch seasoning mix

8 oz. cream cheese

1 cup bacon pieces {I used Black Label Real chopped bacon in a pouch}

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

slider buns, rice, pasta, or tortillas

optional garnishes: chopped green onions, BBQ sauce

Spray or line a slow cooker.  Place chicken on the bottom.  Sprinkle with dry seasoning mix.  Cut cream cheese into 10-12 cubes and place on top and around chicken.  Cover and set on low and cook for 7 hours.  Uncover, stir and using 2 forks shred the chicken into the sauce.  Top with bacon and cheese.  Recover pot and cook for 10-15 minutes more to melt cheese.  Serve on toasted slider buns, rice, pasta, or in a wrap.  Add a drizzle of BBQ sauce and green onions for even more zip!

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Wonderfully Wicked Chicken click here

🧀 🍗 🥓

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story,

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
32 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Wonderfully Wicked Chicken, Slow Cooker”
  1. Jenna, my family would love this chicken dish. It would be great for a Sunday night dinner.

Hopefully we are going to have a cool down by Sunday. Happy Tuesday!

2. Michelle says:

This sounds delicious! And easy, too. I love using my slow cooker, especially in the fall and winter months. I’ll have to try this recipe.

3. That looks like a really good sandwich on the Hawaiian buns. I’ll have to remember that — it would be fun for a party so you don’t have to fuss too close to the time.

I think I have everything to make this, Jenna! I’m with you and love chicken thighs. You share the best recipes, and I appreciate you!

5. pattyanneart says:

Definitely looks like a winner, Jenna!! A must try for sure. Thanks!!

6. This certainly looks interesting!

7. Julie says:

This sounds like an interesting crock pot chicken dish to make Jenna. Thanks for the recipe! Have a nice week. 🙂

8. lulu says:

Slow cooking suits me to a T and I’m always adding a new recipe.

Sounds delicious Jenna, love the idea of serving it in a slider form!

Looks so easy and comforting! I will have to look for the bacon you used. Always looking for a shortcut in the kitchen! 💗

11. Sandy B. says:

Oh this looks yummy! Will be perfect for the football game day food table. Thanks for posting!

12. Pam says:

Whoa, that looks delicious! I am pinning this right now (and wish I could eat some right now! And, yes, it is only 8:24 in the morning!) Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Thursday Favorite Things!

Oh my! What’s not to love? And extra easy in a crock pot! Like the idea of the Hawaiian rolls, too. Pinning ! 😋 Thank you, Jenna.

Wonderfully Wicked Chicken will be great for the season! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us real soon!

15. helenfern says:

Oh my that looks wonderful!! I love the cream cheese with the chicken. Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party – Have a fabulous week!

16. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!

17. Rita C. says:

I was on vacation when you posted this, but I saved it. Oh my, thank goodness! Pinned, and will definitely be making this. I have made tenders with Ranch dressing and Ritz crackers that have also been called crack – from kids to seniors – but they took so long, dredging, frying, and repeating. I love slow cook meals. Thanks!