Tablescapes, Seaside October

“Fall is Summer’s Flamboyant Farewell”

~A. A. Fitzwilliam

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
~Albert Camus

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor,

summer an oil painting  and autumn a mosaic of them all

~Stanley Horowitz

“Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead

has never watched them dancing on a windy day.”

~ Shira Tamir

“Autumn leaves are falling, filling up the streets;

golden colors on the lawn, nature’s trick or treat!”

~ Rusty Fischer

I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers
~L.M. Montgomery

In Alabama we are looking forward to cooler temps this week

and maybe even a little rain

You can be sure of a celebration

And the popping of champagne!

🍁 🍾 🍁

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story,

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
42 Responses to “Tablescapes, Seaside October”
  1. Jenna, what a perfect and lovely centerpiece…love the pumpkin plates. I am doing a happy dance, we received rain yesterday and I am ready for cooler temps this week. Happy Sunday!

Oh Jenna, your table vignette is so lovely and looks like a perfect day on the Gulf. Each one of the quotes are favorites of mine and I think this week we will finally feel like it’s fall. Looking forward to the change and adding some fall touches outside in the veranda. Enjoy the glorious last days of beach weather 🙂

3. Ann Woleben says:

The seaside is my favorite place to be. Love your tablescape – shapes and textures!

4. Nancy says:

A most perfect vignette by the seaside!

Hope cool temps come your way!

What a lovely post. Each poem is special and express my thoughts as well. Your autumn tray is perfect with the touches of fall. The pumpkin plates are so fitting along with the wheat and the cinnamon sticks, and your small pumpkins and colorful balls add that special splash of color. How wonderful to be able to sit there and look out at that pretty water over a fun meal. Enjoy! Glad you will be getting cooler weather! 🍊🍂

• Thank you Cyndi! I enjoyed finding the quotes, several I had not heard before…this morning I woke to a much cooler morning, a little rain and piles of leaves everywhere {I’m back in Bham} and it certainly looks like fall!

6. lulu says:

Leaves are falling here along with thousands of acorns. Autumn is such a different experience that what we are used to in Houston.

7. Rosie M. says:

Hi, Jenna. Happy Sunday morning. Once again I start my day with a cup of tea and a smile on my face because of your lovely fall table centerpiece and delightful poignant choice of quotes. Many thanks!

8. Bonnie Morgan says:

What a delightful collection of fall quotes. So happy for cooler temps this week. Hoping for rain.
    Charming fall centerpiece and lovely background of the water at your beach house.

9. Lovely and my favorite colors! Happy fall to you!

10. Shelia says:

The quotes are wonderful–one of my favorite posts ever. I’m an English major of yore so that is not surprising, but thank you for ferreting out those lovely quotes and sharing them with us. As we say here in the South, you did good.

Pretty vignette and some of my favorite quotes Jenna! Cooler temps and rain are cause for celebration…yippee! ♥

12. Debra Oliver says:

such a lovely tabletop vignette Jenna. love the pumpkin plates and the dried grasses, perfect coastal Fall tabescape! don’t you love a little change of season, even at the beach. Happy October!

13. Fabby says:

Dear ¿Jenna, I love your Fall styles tray ! The plates are adorable too.
    I so love Fall decorating, I’m not that crazy about Christmas anymore, but non the less when I take out my pretty dishes and items, I start to love it too, lol…
    Thanks for dropping by sweet friend.
    Fabby

14. Fabby says:

Hello again !
    Jenna can you please let me know how can I get a hold of a “Traveling black and white Tote?”
    We’re going to Miami at the end of this month.
    Thank you.

15. That Camus quote is great! I just love your basket — perfection sitting right there!

Enjoyed your quotes along with your beautiful table decorations! 🎃🍂🌻

17. rawsonjl says:

What a beautiful view!

18. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!

19. amberlyonferguson2017 says:

Beautiful post Jenna!

20. Pam says:

Oh, I love this! Such lovely photos and quotes! And, either I am just now realizing that you have a home in Orange Beach, (or somehow had forgotten it!) Orange Beach is one of my favorite places(and my husband’s too! Taking a trip to Orange Beach was how I finally won my husband over to the beach. (He never really liked the beach before.) We actually were supposed to be there this very week, to celebrate our anniversary, but had to postpone our plans until May. Thank you for a little bit of seaside October, here in landlocked Missouri! And thank you for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things!

• anartfulmom says:

I am featuring this post at Thursday Favorite Things tomorrow. Congrats!

• Thank you for sharing your Orange Beach story Pam, it is a very special place…we bought our house when our children were very little and it has been such fun to now see their children loving it as much as we all have. We were supposed to have a long family weekend there this week, but decided against it with rain and a tropical depression in the Gulf. It’s only a 4 hour drive for us, so we’re able to go often. May is a lovely month, and will be here before you know it!

21. JZ says:

Oh I love how you combined coastal and fall decor. What a beautiful combination!