Party Panache, Yummy Mummy Asparagus & Bacon Braid

With Halloween on the horizon,

I had some fun with this Yummy Mummy Stuffed Braid

But keep in mind, this is not just for Halloween!

Dress it with greens to suit any occasion…

add edible flowers for a spring party or shower,

rosemary or holly sprigs for the holidays,

berries for the summer…

It’s not only easy breezy to make

It’s fun to assemble!

Start with blanched fresh asparagus, crispy bacon, and crescent roll dough

Place dough on a large piece of parchment paper

Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise and spread down the center

Pile on asparagus spears

Bacon

Cut the dough edges into 1 inch intervals

Add cheese

More cheese

Now begin the braid by laying one dough strip over the filling at an angle

then crossing it with a dough strip from the opposite side

Tuck in filling as necessary as you go

Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan

Bake at 375 for 14-20 minutes, checking often

Time will vary on your oven and thickness of dough braid

When braid is cooked through and golden, carefully transfer to serving board

Garnish

{use candy eyes from the cake decorating section to make it look like a mummy}

Slice and serve!

Creamy, cheesy, bacony good!

Yummy Mummy, Asparagus & Bacon Braid

• Servings: 10-12 slices

1 can crescent roll dough or dough sheet

6-8 slices bacon, cooked

16-20 crisp tender asparagus spears*

1/4 cup mayonnaise

2 oz cream cheese, softened

2 oz. Sharp white cheddar, grated, or more as desired

1 oz fine Parmesan cheese or shredded Parmesan

2 oz Blue cheese crumbles, optional

1 egg, beaten

Unroll dough sheet {press preferations together if using roll dough} on a large piece of parchment paper. Combine mayonnaise and cream cheese. Spread the center 1/3 of dough with mayonnaise mixture. Lay asparagus pieces in an even layer on top. Top with bacon strips. Top with white cheddar and blue cheese. Cut dough edges in one inch intervals up each side. Fold one strip over from right side and one strip from left, forming a braid and enclosing filling. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic.

Transfer parchment to a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 14-20 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden.  Carefully transfer cooked braid to serving platter or board

Garnish** as desired.  Cut into slices to serve

*break off tough ends of asparagus and rinse under cool water.  Wrap in a kitchen towel and microwave for 1 minute on high.  Unwrap and set aside.

**candy eyes for Halloween

rosemary or holly sprigs for the holidays

spinach leaves, edible flowers, berries

Enjoy!!

More Halloween fun coming up next week!

for another printable of Yummy Mummy Asparagus & Bacon Braid click here

👻🎃💀

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story,

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
34 Responses to “Party Panache, Yummy Mummy Asparagus & Bacon Braid”
  1. Jenna, that yummy asparagus and bacon bread looks delicious and would be great for game day. Who doesn’t like bacon, it makes everything taste better. Thanks for this recipe, I will be making it soon. Happy Wednesday!

2. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, this looks so yummy! It is also so pretty when you slice it. The mummy is adorable, and I can also see this being a lovely dish to serve at a party or shower. Enjoy your day!!!

Oh Jenna, love this. Not only looks delicious but it’s such a pretty party food. I’m definitely making this……….Thanks for the tutorial and pics to follow.

4. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, this is a fun dish to serve for entertaining for fall and Halloween. It looks so cute and I bet tastes delicious. Thanks for the idea and recipe.

5. pattyanneart says:

Oh this looks amazing!!
    I need to make this soon.
    Thanks, Jenna! 😊💚

6. Bonnie Morgan says:

I am glad to learn from you that Pilsbury makes cresent sheets. I don’t take the time to look carefully. Your recipe sounds delicious.

7. Michelle says:

That’s so cute!! I would have a hard time cutting and eating this! 🙂

How impressive! I will have to give this a try! I love all the ingredients and it sure looks yummy! Pinning! 😋

Love how EASY this is!! And those eyes!! Lol! 🎃👍

10. Sounds great, I’ll have to look for the crescent sheets:@)

11. Nancy says:

This looks amazing! So pretty and also when you slice it! Yum!

12. Looks super tasty! I did something similar with the wrap in my pampered chef days and it was always so pretty and not nearly so hard as it look like it could be. Love the asparagus with the bacon.

13. The Kitchen and a Latte says:

This looks delicious! I love asparagus but in our house we are half and half. Half of us like it and half of us don’t. The two that don’t like it will eat it because it is good for them but I always try to find creative ways that they will enjoy so they are not eating things they don’t like. I think they would like it this way and I know I will 🙂

What spooky fun! Love your savory bread braid Jenna!

What a fun Mummy Asparagus it will be so good! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,453. Hope you have a great week and come back to see us soon!

16. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!

1. […] you serve this Yummy Mummy Asparagus and Bacon Braid as an appetizer or with dinner, it’s going to be a hit.  Find the recipe on The Painted […]