Recipe Box, Sausage Pancake Lasagna

Do you have a traditional favorite breakfast casserole for holiday mornings?

We have several favorites,

Sausage Gravy Biscuit Bake  Buried Almond Danish Breakfast Bake

Green Chili Strata

We also love pancakes,

but they can be a pain to fix for more than a few people

Sausage Stuffed Pancakes

I decided to try pancakes in a casserole for an easy do ahead oven dish

Shhh…this uses frozen pancakes for a wonderful shortcut

All you have to do is brown the sausage

Then put a layer of mini pancakes in the bottom of a greased dish

Sprinkle the sausage over and around the pancakes

and repeat layers

Beat the eggs with milk, cream, vanilla, maple syrup and sugar

Slowly pour custard mix over all and press sausage and pancakes down into mixture

Cover and refrigerate overnight

Uncover and bake at 350 until set in the middle, 45-55 minutes

Top pancakes with a few dabs of butter

And serve with maple syrup on the side

Easy, yummy, 1 dish pancakes

adapted from Plain Chicken

Sausage Pancake Lasagna

• Servings: 4

increase ingredient quantities for more servings and use a bigger dish

18 mini pancakes {like Eggo frozen mini pancakes, thawed}

1/2 lb maple sausage

3 eggs

3/4 cup cream

1/2 cup milk

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 T sugar

2 T maple syrup

Place a layer of pancakes, 6, in the bottom of a greased dish. Sprinkle with half of sausage. Repeat layers ending with pancakes. Whisk eggs with cream, milk, vanilla, sugar, and syrup. Pour over pancakes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Uncover and bake at 350 until set in the middle, 45-60 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with additional maple syrup on the side

for another printable version of this recipe click here

Enjoy!

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story, You’re the Star

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck  Friday Features  Sweet Inspirations

Happiness is Homemade    Sunday’s Best Linkup

Comments
31 Responses to “Recipe Box, Sausage Pancake Lasagna”
  1. Jenna, I love pancakes and we often have them for dinner. This method reminds me of bread pudding which I also love. Sausage and pancakes just go to together, I must give this recipe a try! Happy Sunday!

2. Sounds wonderful! I love the shortcut with the frozen pancakes. 🙂

3. Nancy says:

Well this sounds like a delicious breakfast treat that Santa would love on Christmas Day morning! I’ll give this a try very soon!

4. What a fabulous idea, Jenna! I’m definitely trying this this year. Have you done this with bacon, by any chance? Enjoy your Holidays!

5. Nancy Sharp says:

Sounds fabulous. We eat brunch at my daughter’s Christmas morning but I’m definitely going to do this at some point.

6. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, this sounds yummy! I love breakfast casseroles and have several in my recipe box. I’ll have to add this one. Thanks for sharing!

7. Michelle says:

I just had to see this recipe after reading the title! It sounds delicious!! We always have cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. 😊

Oh Jenna, this is a great recipe for a crowd. We all love pancakes and this would be a hit here, anytime……

9. I don’t think I can wait to try that, it looks so good! and what makes it even better is that it is for a large family and quick to make.Good job!

10. My favorite is a sausage strata. There are always debates about the mushrooms. (Kevin hates them! The rest of us are good with it). This looks tasty!

Sounds delicious Jenna!

Oh my word, Jenna, this breakfast dish sounds wonderful! I won’t tell a soul that pre-made frozen pancakes are an ingredient. Who wouldn’t love this on Christmas morning??!!

I like the shortcut of using frozen pancakes!! Looks yummy! ❤️

14. indah nuria says:

this looks yum indeed! As my daughter loves pancake so much, she will definitely devour it. I choose this post to be featured in our #OMHGWW weekly link party

Your awesome post was featured on Full Plate Thursday,464. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us and hope you have a great New Year! Hope to see you in 2020!

1. […] via Recipe Box, Sausage Pancake Lasagna — The Painted Apron […]

2. […] Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl The Painted Apron // Pancake-And-Sausage-Lasagna A great mix of sweet and salty Feature Chosen by Clearissa // Clearissa Command Center Artful […]