Recipe Box, Sweet Home Alabama Butter Pecan Coffee Cake

This is one of those

“Drop what you’re doing and make this now!” recipes

Seriously

It is worth every calorie…

Oh, and it’s dangerously easy to make too!

You might even have all the ingredients!

First saute your pecans in butter and brown sugar

These buttery pecans are wonderful in green salads,

mixed in with chicken salad or pimiento cheese,

or for just snacking  😋

Make the batter by mixing the eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, and oil

Then add flour and vanilla and stir in chopped pecans

Pour it into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes

Let cake cool for 10 minutes

While cake is cooling, make cream cheese icing

Beat cream cheese and butter together,

then add powdered sugar, vanilla and 3-4 Tablespoons of milk

Poke holes all over the top of cake and spread glaze over warm cake

Top with pecan halves

Let cake cool completely (if you can!) before serving

This recipe is adapted from Pinch of Yum and Divas Can Cook

4 oz cream cheese softened

4 Tablespoons butter, softened

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

2 tsp vanilla

3-4 Tablespoons milk

For pecans:

Cook pecans in large skillet with butter and brown sugar, over medium heat.  Stir constantly until pecans are well coated and just starting to brown.  Season with salt and turn out onto a plate, wax paper or parchment paper to cool

For cake:

Combine sugars with oil and eggs, mixing well.  Add flour and vanilla.  Stir in chopped pecans.  Transfer to a greased 9″x13″ baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until set in the center.  Let cool 10 minutes.  Poke holes all over the top of the cake.  Spread top with icing and garnish with pecan halves.

For icing:

Beat cream cheese and butter together.  Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla adding 2-3 Tablespoons of milk.  Beat until smooth, adding more milk until desired consistency is reached.

Store cake covered in the refrigerator.

for another printable version of Sweet Home Alabama Butter Pecan Coffeecake click here

Enjoy!

Comments
46 Responses to “Recipe Box, Sweet Home Alabama Butter Pecan Coffee Cake”
  1. Ann Woleben says:

Definitely a must-try recipe! Thank you.

2. First of all, I love the name of this cake! Jenna, this is a must make for me, my family loves pecans. Baking in a sheet cake does make for an easy cake. It looks like you can’t eat just one piece. I am so excited to try this one. Happy Wednesday!

3. Trina Evans says:

Do you cook both the chopped pecans and the pecan halves in the butter and brown sugar?

4. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

Now this looks like my kind of cake!!! LOVE that it’s so simple and YES mam I will be making this. And hiding in a closet with my fork before my bunch sees it! Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

5. Holy guacamole! This looks and sounds amazing. The hubs loves pecans and butter and I love cake so… I’m adding this to the shopping list! Excited to try something new while we are “staying at home.”

Another winner! Will pin as I love pecans and will want to try this for sure! Thanks Jenna. 😋

7. Julie says:

That cake looks and sounds so good Jenna! My daughter has made a few baking recipes she saw on tik tok. It’s the perfect time for baking.
    Thanks for your blog visit today. Hope you have a nice week.

8. rawsonjl says:

That looks delicious! I love pecans and could really see myself cooking up extra pecans just so I had some left for my salads. Pinned

9. This looks like it would be terrific piece by piece — I could see using those pecans a lot of ways! It looks so good, so drop everything now and do it! This is going in the file!

10. lghiggins says:

I love pecans cooked into cakes. This sounds delicious!

11. Nancy says:

LOOOOOKS SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!
    I’ll be making this…!

12. Anonymous says:

Oh My ! this looks absolutely delicious and sinful. thank you for sharing

Saving this recipe Jenna. Who wouldn’t love this Sweet Home Alabama cake! Can’t wait to make it.

Sounds delicious and dangerous for sure Jenna! ♥

15. That looks seriously devilish. pecans are so good. Thanks for sharing Jenna. Happy Mother’s Day.

16. Pat from Wisconsin says:

My husband’s eyes rolled back into his head! Thank you!

Oh my goodness, Jenna, you know that I’ll be making this scrumptious looking cake!!! I do have everything to make it, too. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day…xx

18. Karen says:

How could anyone resist having a second helping of this delicious cake. Thanks Jenna!

19. This looks so yummy and moist. I really want to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing with #omhgww, be well.

20. lulu says:

Boy, I would love this and because sharing is so hard right now, I’d eat far more than I should.

21. Beverly says:

Your cake looks amazing. Congratulations, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party.
    I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/05/over-moon-linky-party_17.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

We sure have enjoyed featuring your awesome post at Full Plate Thursday,484. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us real soon!

1. […] Cucumber rounds topped with pimiento cheese and a Butter Pecan […]