CROISSANT BRUNCH CASSEROLE
make ahead and refrigerate overnight and then bake in the morning for a delicious breakfast or brunch
- 6 croissants
- 2 T butter
- 2 T mustard or 6 T preserves
- 1/2 cup minced onion [optional]
- 1/2 lb shaved or deli sliced ham OR 1/4 lb shaved ham and 1/4 lb shaved turkey
- 3 slices or 3 oz. extra sharp white cheddar or other white cheese, or used grated
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk or half and half
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- sliced almonds optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine softened butter with mustard and spread on bottom halves, or spread halves with preserves.
Top with onions if desired.
Place bottoms in a cooking oil sprayed casserole dish.
Place meat over bottoms and cover with 1/2 slice cheese or 1/2 oz grated cheese.
Put tops on croissants. Beat eggs and milk together well and season. Pour over croissants and press croissants down into liquid. Liquid will come about half way up croissant sides.
Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 uncovered for 20 minutes. Replace cover and continue to bake 25 minutes or until set. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.