Sausage & Corn Stuffing Casserole
A taste of Thanksgiving any time of year or a great dish to make with Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 1/2 bag 14 oz of Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1-2 Tbsp unsalted butter if needed for sauteing onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock divided
- 1 can cream of corn soup sub cream of celery, mushroom or bacon
- 8 oz. breakfast or Italian sausage
- 1/2 large sweet onion diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 ears corn cooked and kernels removed from cob
- Salt and pepper
Cook sausage in a skillet until browned, over medium low heat, stirring often and breaking it down into crumbles. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Add onions and 1-2 T butter to skillet and cook in sausage drippings about 10-15 minutes until they start to turn golden. Add celery and continue to cook until celery softens. Add corn kernels and sausage to skillet, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Grease a deep casserole dish and add dry stuffing mix. Stir in 1 cup of broth and melted butter. Stir. If stuffing seems dry add a little more chicken broth. Stir in cream soup and combine well. Add sausage and vegetables, stir to combine. Can be refrigerated at this point.
Bake at 350, covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10-25 minutes until heated through. Baking time will depend on temperature of dish when placing in the oven.