Fry-Tot-To with Roasted Corn and Sausage Queso
French fries and tater tots in a bowl of sausage queso
- adjust amounts according to how many you are serving
- frozen Tater Tots
- frozen Krinkle cut fries
- 2-4 ears corn roasted*
- Sausage Queso*
- 8 oz hot sausage or chorizo
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar grated
- seasoning to taste: taco seasoning cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin
- scallions chopped
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- avocado diced
- black beans
- jalapeno slices
Brown sausage, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
Pour off all but 1 tsp of grease and quickly saute garlic.
Add half and half and cream cheese to pan.
Stir in cheddar and heat over medium low heat until melted. Taste. Adjust seasonings to preference.
Add sausage and corn back to pan and stir.
Bake tater tots and fries on a sheet pan according to package directions. Sprinkle with salt.
Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and layer tots evenly on the bottom.
Stand fries up around the edges.
Top with a layer of queso, reserving extra queso for another time if it’s more than you need.
Bake at 350-400 degrees for 15 minutes to heat through. Add toppings of choice and serve.
This is messy so you will need plates and flatware
Other serving options:
2. Pour queso over potatoes on sheet pan, garnish and serve with pan wrapped in a large pretty towel
*to roast corn:
husk corn and place in oil sprayed pan, cover and bake at 400 for 45 minutes
- Serve queso in a baking dish with potatoes for dipping