Tablescapes, Hot Buttered Rum Roll Cake Dessert Table

Celebrate National Bundt Cake Day!

A day for everyone young and old to pull the Bundt pans from the cupboards and get ready for baking delicious masterpiece cakes during the upcoming holiday season. The Bundt pan has stood the test of time for more than 50 years and is a fixture in nearly every home in America. ” [source]

crescent roll cake thepaintedapron.com

Kathleen from Cuisine Kathleen has issued a challenge to create a dessert tablescape complete with a bundt cake

rum cake table thepaintedapron.com

This is a different kind of bundt cake, it’s made with crescent rolls

apple rum bundt cake thepaintedapron.com 1

Filled with hot buttered rum apple filling

fall dessert table 2 thepaintedapron.com

and drizzled with caramel sauce

crescent bundt cake thepaintedapron.com

You can even serve it a la mode

hot buttered rum cake thepaintedapron.com

I set this dessert table in the foyer, you can grab a slice and go sit anywhere

pumpkin stack thepaintedapron.com

I started with the existing pumpkin stack centerpiece and added an ikat table runner folded to create a semi circle and filled in the center with 2 autumn leaf mats

runner fold

I added some more pumpkins

pumpkin centerpiece thepaintedapron.com

Mugs on a tier, sugar and a pitcher for cream, and silverware are ready for serving

silverware tray thepaintedapron.com

and a cake stand for the Hot Buttered Rum Roll Cake

pumpkin dessert table thepaintedapron.com

autumn dessert table thepaintedapron.com

Here’s how I made it

hot buttered rum apple bundt thepaintedapron.com

My bundt pan is a “plain Jane” that I’ve had forever, just the inexpensive average pan, but it has baked many delicious cakes!

Saute apple slices with brown sugar until soft and spread on crescent roll dough.  Top with pecans and roll up. Cut the rolls into slices and layer in bundt pan.  Mix remaining pan juices with butter and rum and drizzle over rolls

PicMonkey Collage

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

You can make this even easier by using prepared apple pie filling or

Make this savory by eliminating caramel topping and adding cooked sausage to the filling.  Serve warm with a good pure maple syrup

Hot Buttered Rum Roll Cake

• Servings: 8-12
  • Time: 15 minutes prep, 30 minutes bake

2 cans crescent roll dough [I used low fat]

3 sweet apples, peel on, cut into thin slices

1 T rum, Buttershots Butterscotch Liqueur or rum extract

3 T butter, divided

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tsp arrowroot, optional for thickening

3/4 cup chopped pecans

Caramel topping

Melt 2 T butter in skillet over medium heat and add apple slices and brown sugar.  Cook and stir until apples are cooked through and caramelized.   Add arrowroot towards the end of cooking to help the sauce tighten up.

Spray bundt pan thoroughly with cooking oil spray.  Carefully remove dough from cans, and unroll into 2 large rectangles.  Pinch perforations together if necessary

Divide apple filling evenly between rectangles, using a slotted spoon to remove them from skillet. Arrange slices into an even layer, leaving a 1/2 inch border all around the dough.  Sprinkle with pecans

Carefully re-roll dough into  logs and slice each into 8 pieces.  Place 8 slices in the bottom of prepared bundt pan, overlapping to fit.   Top with the remaining 8 slices in another overlapping layer.

Melt remaining 1 T butter and add rum.  Add any leftover pan juices to this mixture and slowly pour over the roll slices in pan.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden and dough is cooked through. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Turn out onto a plate and drizzle with caramel sauce

Serves 8-12

serve topped with vanilla ice cream if desired

for another printable version of Hot Buttered Rum Roll Cake click here

rum bundt cake table thepaintedapron.com

Be sure to hop over to Cuisine Kathleen here to see all the beautiful tables and bundt cakes

For another fabulous autumn bundt cake, made in the same humble bundt pan and perfect for Thanksgiving, see Pumpkin and Pecan Apple Bundt Cake with Chocolate Covered Cranberries and Pepitas here

Happy National Bundt Cake Day!

___________________________________________

I will be sharing with the fabulous parties and blogs on my sidebar and:

Between Naps on the Porch

Pure Grace Farms

Memories by the Mile

Melanie Makes

Comments
28 Responses to “Tablescapes, Hot Buttered Rum Roll Cake Dessert Table”

Your cakes sound great Jenna, the nuts are pretty on top! Love that your turkey’s gobbler thingy is made from beads:@)

Oh my Jenna…Hot Buttered Rum Crescent Roll Cake, how mouth-watering is that! And delicious for a holiday breakfast or weekend brunch! You can’t beat the classic bundt pan, mine has a lot of miles (and calories 🙂 on it too. Love your table with the pumpkins paired with the punch of green color and white. Your foyer table is perfect for a dessert or appetizer and cocktail table too!

3. Are you kidding me???!??!?!! Oh, my gosh! Do you know how much of this cake I would be shoveling into my mouth in one sitting??!?!?!! WOW!! The caramel sauce and ice cream just make it that much more decadent! It really is a good thing we don’t live next door to each other. I’d be at your back door panting like a dog every day for the food you make!!!

4. Marigene says:

Delicious looking/sounding cakes! I always enjoy visiting your blog…you really have a knack for setting beautiful tables, Jenna. And you have gorgeous dishes, too!
    Have a great week.

5. lulu says:

I’m thinking a piece of this would be very good with the cappucino I’m having right now. Since it is before noon I will leave off the ice cream.

6. laurie says:

Jenna, I am drooling all over myself. Can’t wait to make this cake. Your table looks beautiful. laurie

Your foyer table setting is so pretty Jenna, for a grab and go. Your cake looks so wonderful! You’re always full of such wonderful recipe inspiration.

8. bj says:

These look fabulous. Very pretty presentation…

9. Debbie C. says:

Jenna, tomorrow I’m going to email you the recipe you requested for the Nutella cheesecake brownies. Now back to that Buttered Rum Crescent Roll Cake! I should make it for my sister’s birthday coming up, she will love it!

10. Candy S says:

Wow! That is a pretty bundt cake. Crescent rolls stuffed with butter rum apple filling sounds incredibly tasty. Pretty and tasty – it doesn’t get any better than that. The cake plates are lovely especially with the bundt cake a la mode sitting on them.

11. This looks incredibly good! The version with maple syrup really appeals to me. I saved it this morning already.

12. susie says:

Jenna this is going to be my new favorite bundt recipe. I usually make my monkey bread in my old favorite bundt but this looks too good to pass up. Even with all the new pans out there isn;t it funny how we stick to our old die hard favorites?Susie

13. Zenda says:

This looks so delicious and sounds easy enough for me to make!! I noticed your note about substituting the caramel with sausage. That might make a nice brunch option. Your setting is lovely, too!

14. Lovely presentation, Jenna! I haven’t had the pull apart rolls. I had to laugh at the low fat rolls, then the butter and syrup, etc! It’s like a diet coke and a bag of potato chips, lol!
    It looks delicious!
    Thanks for taking part in the Bundt challenge!

15. Kim says:

Triple wow on this, Jenna! Your stacked pumpkins and cake plates make a beautiful presentation. I’m already planning to make your pumpkin chili Saturday, so rather than going BACK to the store for the ingredients for THIS yummy concoction, can’t you just pop over and bring us some? Sorry, I know it’s forward of me, so I take it back. Y’all have some important ball games to prepare for this weekend. And. So. Do. We. – A nail-biter!

16. FABBY says:

d This awesome cake is different indeed, sounds great! Thanks for the recipe and your tablescape is lovely with the gorgeous square white plates! I love them!
    What a fabulous presentation for the challenge, wow! I am having so much fun with this challenge; I don’t know how Kathleen just comes out with this ‘Bundt Day’ thing, lol!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

17. Bev says:

Looks both beautiful and delicious! Love the way it all looks…

18. A lovely table filled with yumminess 🙂 Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop.Watch for your feature on Monday ♥

19. This is a wonderful variation of a bundt!! I love anything with warm apples, this sounds perfect for holiday entertaining! So does your pumpkin pecan apple. Yummy! Very pretty setting–thank you for sharing!

20. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life says:

Oh wow, this sounds delicious. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

21. Oh that looks so darn good, now I am hungry for bundt cake….LOL and it’s breakfast time. I’ll have some with my coffee! and looks like someone has some gorgeous square white plates…uhhh love them!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )