Tablescapes, Special Occasion Tea Party

tea table 6

These gorgeous tea tag creations, made by Marcia Pilar, were my inspiration for this Special Occasion Tea Party Table

vintage tags

The tags feature incredible details, tiny punched out patterns and glittered corners, and I wanted to incorporate them into an elegant setting~

mp tags

A lovely tea is perfect for many occasions, Valentine’s Day comes to mind this time of year… but a tea is a great way to celebrate a lot of different things, birthdays, anniversaries, Mother’s Day

Many parties revolve around flowers, and sweets and fanciful things…

Painted in Waterlogueand hearts are always welcome

wine bottle vases

I decided to just get some fancy out and set a little tea table, with sweets and hearts, silver and flowers, and my gorgeous “tea tags”

special occasion tea table 1

Pull up a chair and I’ll pour you a cup

tea party 2

Caramel Truffle Tea is on the menu today

tea tray

with crisp buttery almond cookies

valentine cupcake

and Salted Caramel mini cupcakes from Fresh Market bakery

cupcakes and strawberries

Big fat strawberries

Dean & Deluca Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee

tea table 3

painted tier

You don’t have to have huge bouquets of flowers

With just a few blooms here and there you can create magic

special day tea table

Also when you mix good faux flowers with real ones, they tend to seem real too, like the roses and hydrangea in the photo above [far left]

tea table 6

There are sweet treats and eye candy everywhere

tea table 4

tea table 7

tea party 3

This table is for my sweet sister Janet’s birthday tomorrow…she lives in California and since I can’t be with her, I am celebrating with her virtually~

special occasion sweet tea party

Happy Birthday Jan, I will drink some tea and eat a sweet in honor of your special day!

special occasion tea table 1

Sending you hugs and birthday wishes

Valentine vase

and lots of love

tea table 4

Juicy Details

The lovely vintage tags were made by Marcia Pilar.  Please visit her elegant blog here

vintage tags

The silver pieces were wedding gifts, yikes,  times have changed!

silver service

Painted cake tier, glass, “Bouquet” painting/ JMdesigns

white charger/Pier 1,  lavender charger/Hobby Lobby,  tablecloth/BBB last year

painted tier

Painted Bottles/see Doodle Bottles here

wine bottle vases

Valentine Tags/see Valentine Tree here

paper conversation heart 1

Valentine vase

Wreath on the inside of front door/Home Goods seen previously on Winter Holiday here

winter holiday 9

and Eat Drink and Be Merry here

eat drink and be merry 1

A little tea party is great for any occasion!

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and:

Between Naps on the Porch

AKA Design

Life on Lakeshore Drive

The Scoop

The Style Sisters

23 Responses to “Tablescapes, Special Occasion Tea Party”
  1. Candy S says:

You are such a sweet sister to create the lovely tea tablescape for your sisters birthday. Love the tea rags! Also I want one of those salted caramel mini cupcakes. Oh my, they look so tasty displayed in your pretty covered cake stand. Have a wonderful day…….. Candy

2. Rattlebridge Farm says:

Beautiful table and scrumptious goodies–and I adore the tea tags. I know your sister will be delighted!

This is a fun way to celebrate with your sister Jenna! I love the ‘you are the icing on my cupcake’ ornament, I’d like to make something with that saying for my feather tree:@)

4. lulu says:

The colors on the table are a delight, and I’m trying real hard not to look at what’s on the table because I’m craving something sweet!

5. Stunning! The tablecloth is such a beautiful backdrop to all of the beautiful items on the table.

6. Kim says:

Happy birthday to Jan! How wonderful, Jenna, for you to give your sister a virtual tea party. I love the pink rose topiary. Can’t tell if it’s real or not, but that’s the point, right? All your paintings are so pretty and your sweet treats look scrumptious! Enjoy!

7. Very pretty presentation and I would love to find a tablecloth like that. Guess I need to shop BBB more often!

8. Bev says:

Very pretty table and love all of your accessories. Lovely!

What a fun and festive virtual tea Jenna! Your tags are the perfect inspiration. If you’re missing a few Dean & Deluca Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee, you know who’s responsible🙂

10. Gina says:

Wow, what a lovely and romantic looking tea party! Gorgeous!
    Happy February!
    Gina at Victorian Wanna Be

11. Julie says:

Wow what a gorgeous table you set for your sisters birthday. It is so beautiful and you did a great job!

12. Maria says:

You are right: This is pure eye candy! I could feast on this table for weeks! Your silver tea set is gorgeous! Happy birthday to your sister.

13. laurie says:

Jenna, what a lovely table. That cloth is gorgeous and the perfect base for the feminine look of the table. Those tags are so sweet, and I love your floral bouquets. Thank you for linking to the party.

14. marcia says:

Jenna, my tags never looked so good.🙂 What a delightful tea party. I’m sure your sister must have loved it. Happy birthday to her, and thank you again for the feature. I’ve been trying to make my way over for days now … enjoying catching up with a hot cup of coffee this Sunday morning.

15. Amazing! You did a great job. I wish your sister could have been there in person. I love having tea parties with my girls, definitely gonna have to take some inspiration from you🙂

1. […] Special Occasion Tea Party | Brown Sugar Bacon Bundles | Spanish Enchiladas | Snow-capped Cookie Parfaits […]

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )