Gifts from the Kitchen, Berry Burst BBQ Sauce

Next time you are invited to a summer party,

treat your host to a jar of homemade Berry Burst BBQ Sauce

You’re probably thinking this is going to be super sweet, but it’s not at all

It’s full of fresh berries and tons of flavors

You probably have just about everything to make this in your pantry already

I added blackberries and used blackberry jam, but you can use all strawberries and strawberry jam

After roasting the berries, simmer them with remaining ingredients

After 15 minutes the mixture will have cooked down

Transfer to a food processor or use and immersion blender to smooth out sauce

I wrote the label before I named this Berry Burst BBQ Sauceย  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

2 T balsamic vinegar

1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ginger paste

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp Dijon mustard

Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil spray.ย  Place berries on foil, in a single layer, close together.ย  Roast at 400 for 20 minutes.ย  Place roasted berries in a sauce pan with remaining ingredients.ย  Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.ย  Remove from heat and use an immersion blender or transfer to a food processor or blender, being careful not to overfill blender.ย  Puree into desired smoothness.ย  Makes 2 cups sauce

Now if you want something really sweet,

IMG_3267

This is “our” princess Charlotte holding her new baby brother

IMG_9058

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a fun and different recipe using this Berry Burst BBQ Sauce!

for another printable version of Berry BBQ Sauce click here

___________________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar

Comments
12 Responses to “Gifts from the Kitchen, Berry Burst BBQ Sauce”
  1. I have never tried a berry BBQ sauce before! I think I have been missing out!
    Also, what cuties you have! So sweet!

Lol love that last picture. He is looking at her like oh boy!!! Congrats gramma !!

3. Emily says:

I love anything made with berries and I love all condiments so I’m betting I would love this recipe. Would love to know your favorite way to serve this.
    I’ll take an extra helping of this sweet treat. How precious Jenna. Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

4. Those sweet babies are so cute, Jenna! Congratulations on the new addition! Great pictures!

5. Liz Mackie says:

So precious!

ADORABLE photos Jenna, I especially love the last one ๐Ÿ™‚ Your berry bbq sauce sounds like a winner!

Oh so cute! But he doesn’t look too sure of the situation:@) The sauce sounds really good, the only thing I’d have to sub is fresh ginger for the paste!

8. Ellen says:

Just too cute! The BBQ sauce looks good, too.

9. I love sweet things on meat! This looks wonderful! I will definitely be giving this a try! Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚ Stopping by from Idea Box. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Alexis @ http://www.chemistrycachet.com

Hi Jenna,
    I can’t wait to try your awesome sauce, this looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing your post with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day!
    Come Back Soon,