Take-out Tuesday, Slow Cook Cantaloupe Jam

When I saw this recipe on Pinterest I was so intrigued, I couldn’t wait to try it

cantaloupe jam 4 thepaintedapron.com

It’s so SIMPLE

It’s like MAGIC

It’s like you have a KITCHEN FAIRY!

SHHH! Don’t tell anyone that your slow cooker did all the work

and that all you did was cook the melon and pureé it in your blender

and put it in a jar

cantaloupe jam

with a cute little label

crock pot cantaloupe jam thepaintedapron.com

What a lovely way to enjoy your toast or breakfast biscuits~

cantaloupe jam 1 thepaintedapron.com

This has no preservatives, so keep it for a week in your refrigerator or freeze it

slow cook cantaloupe jam thepaintedapron.com

Slow Cook Cantaloupe Jam

• Servings: 1 pint

recipe adapted from Creek Line House

4 cups cantaloupe chunks

2 cups sugar

1 T vanilla extract

1 T almond extract

juice of 1/2 lemon

Spray or line the inside of your slow cooker.  Add cantaloupe, sugar, lemon juice and extracts.  Stir to distribute ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.  Carefully transfer contents to blender and pureé in batches or use an immersion blender.  Pour into a pint jar or several smaller jars.  Label jars and use within 10 days or freeze.  Makes approximately 1 pint.

slow cook cantaloupe jam thepaintedapron.com

Enjoy!

This would make a great Gift from the Kitchen too!

cantaloupe jam bucket thepaintedapron.com

for another printable version of Slow Cook Cantaloupe Jam click here

You can see the inspiration recipe from Creek Line House here, thanks Courtenay!

_________________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and

Crafty Staci

Between Naps on the Porch

Comments
13 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Slow Cook Cantaloupe Jam”

Wow – never heard of this Jenna. Is it yummy? What does it taste like? (DUH! probably sweet canataloupe – eh?!) 🙂

That would be a new flavor of jam for me:@)

I can’t imagine cantaloupe jam Jenna! Love the idea of using the slow cooker for it 🙂

Wow Jenna, what an easy way to make jam in the summer! I’ve never heard of cantaloupe jam, but how tasty it must be!

5. AnnMarie says:

Wow! This sounds wonderful! I have been eating a cantaloupe for breakfast all week, so to have it as a jam sounds so good to me. Thanks for the recipe!

What a great recipe and adorable presentation for this awesome Cantaloupe Jam, yum! Hope you are having a fantastic day and we are so excited that you shared your post with Full Plate Thursday.
    Thanks so much and Come Back Soon!

7. Julie says:

Wow this recipe is so easy to make and different! Thanks for sharing at our Cooking & Carfting with J & J!

8. Yum! I’ve never even heard of Cantelope jam! I bet it would taste delicious over vanilla ice cream, too! Thank you for sharing at Talented Tuesdays!

9. JESS44903 says:

I honestly have never heard of this! how interesting!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

10. Jane says:

I had no idea that you could make a jam out of cantaloupes! I am definitely trying your recipe because I have a lot of cantaloupes right now!!!