Party Panache, Chardonnay Dip

This crowd pleasing party dip preps in just 5 minutes**, but it will be raved about for a long time

chardonnay dip 2 thepaintedapron.com

You can make this in a mini crock pot or a small casserole

Three cheeses, cream cheese, Mozzarella, Parmesan

Use shredded cheese to make this extra quick

A sweet onion and a little dry onion soup mix for added flavor

Once it gets blended and melted, add some good Chardonnay to thin it out

DSC_0006Wine & Cheese!

Adjust amount according to how thick or thin you want it for dipping and scooping

wine and cheese dip thepaintedapron.com

spiked cheesy onion dip thepaintedapron.com

Chardonnay Dip

• Servings: 3 cups dip

8 oz low fat cream cheese

1 cup grated mozzarella cheese

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 T dry onion soup mix

1 medium sweet onion, chopped

1/2 cup* good quality Chardonnay

Spray the inside of mini slow cooker with cooking oil spray.  Add chopped onion, cover and cook on high for 1 hour.  Add cheeses and soup mix.  Cover and cook 45 minutes.  Stir and add 1/4 cup wine.  Cook another 30 minutes and stir.  Add more wine until dip is desired consistency and heat through.  Serve with celery sticks, tortilla scoop chips, baguette slices or sturdy crackers.

**Note: if baking in oven, saute the onion in a skillet in a little butter and oil first,  and cook until it begins to caramelize.  Then put cheeses, onion soup mix and onion into prepared baking dish.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, add wine and stir.  Continue to bake until heated through, adding more wine if necessary.  Total baking time 45-60 minutes

*more or less depending on desired consistency

chardonnay dip

chardonnay dip 1 thepaintedapron.com

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Chardonnay Dip click here

________________________________

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined, Sunday Brunch, USS Crafty

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life, Treasure Box Tuesday

Crafty Staci, Hit Me with your Best ShotTickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxPainted Drawer, Weekend Retreat, Your Turn to Shine

Get your DIY On, Made in a Day, Share it One More Time

Comments
19 Responses to “Party Panache, Chardonnay Dip”

I’m a big fan of wine & cheese Jenna! Your dip sounds great, I’m always on the look out for an easy appetizer 🙂

2. lulu says:

Appetizers are what I’m worst at making so I’m always looking for something new and easy to fix. I’m saving this one.

3. Judy Pimperl says:

This looks like the perfect “go to” recipe to keep handy for the upcoming holidays. Thank you for sharing!

Tis the season for dips-sounds good:@)

5. maryintheboondocks says:

This sounds really yummy, all t hose great cheeses. Thanks sfor sharing.

6. Sounds like a great dip for the next football game on tv!

7. Julie says:

Hi Jenna,
    This dip sounds so good.
    Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Julie

8. Lisa @ Fun Money Mom says:

Yum…I could live off cheese alone and this looks delicious!!! I’ll have to save this recipe for my next party!
    Visiting from Cooking & Crafting w/ J&J

9. I have never heard of using chardonnay in a dip before, this sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try it!

10. joybee83 says:

I love dips. This is a new one for me and it sounds great. It’s nice enough for a more formal party, but I bet it would make a great gameday snack too.

11. Jenna, this sounds delicious! I am definitely going to give it a try! Love all your recipes! Happy Wednesday!

12. JESS44903 says:

Wow, what an interesting idea!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!