Holidays, Last Minute Mardi Gras

Fat Tuesday is in 2 days, but there is still time to have a little Mardi Gras fun!

mardi gras mask

Perhaps you have a crown or tiara?

crown

A mask or some jewels…

mask place setting 1

Sparkly ornaments in purple, green and gold

mardi gras table

A frosty cocktail

A bottle of wine

Mardi Gras is all about festive

mask place setting

And anything goes

mardi gras table 1

So get out some trinkets and have some Mardi Gras fun

mardi gras chair

Look at this gorgeous table my sweet friend Alex created

IMG_3539

Don’t you love the crown plates and napkin rings!

IMG_3538

She even has a full size, crown topped Mardi Gras tree!

IMG_3542

Oh and her guy whipped up these King cake bites for her birthday, lucky girl!!

king cake bites

Here are some things you can whip up to have a little Mardi Gras where you are-

Mardi Gras Roasted Fennel & Red Cabbage Citrus Salad, purple gold and green!

roasted fennel and red cabbage citrus salad

Easy Citrus King Pound Cake

California Dreamin King Cake 2 thepaintedapron.com

New Orleans BBQ Shrimp

bbq shrimp

Slow Cooker Jambalaya

jambalaya 1 thepaintedapron.com

Muffaletta Sandwich Pie!

major muffaletta 3 thepaintedapron.com

Thanks for sharing with us Alex!

mardi gras collage

Let the good times roll, because then it’s Lent, and time to repent!

…………………………………..

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxWeekend Retreat,

Comments
15 Responses to “Holidays, Last Minute Mardi Gras”
  1. Sandra Garth says:

I don’t know if I’ll have time to do a Mardi Gras post but I am enjoying yours. I do have a tiara from my birthday party and a bottle of wine. I think I’ll just put the tiara on and drink the wine!

2. Fabulous table, and fun to see your friend Alex’s table. Looks like good recipes, will be checking those out.

The crown plates are great and you know I love the tree-enjoy Mardi Gras:@)

4. Marigene says:

What fun tables! Those crown plates are so cute. I would love to be sitting in NO eating a muffaletta, they taste so much better than what I make!

5. What fun, Jenna! Love your friend’s table! Enjoy the celebration!!

Happy Fat Tuesday Jenna, I had to chuckle at Sandra’s comment! Love your round-up and friend’s festive table! We’re still drowning our sorrows over the Super Bowl 🙂

7. How festive and fun both tables are. I just love the colors for Mardi Gras.. I enjoyed your post and am taking away some wonderful ideas from your creations.

8. JESS44903 says:

Looks like you had such a great time!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

9. Danielle says:

I missed the boat on Mardi Gras this year, but love your ideas. Thank you for sharing at the Celebrate Your Story Link Up Party.

Very pretty Mardi Gras tablescape! Thank you so much for sharing the cake recipe I will have to try it again using more prep on my pan. I love your cute pan! I also love the little crowns you have in your setting too.