Take-out Tuesday, Breakfast for Dessert Pie

We had a special weekend recently with friends, with lots of food, fun and sun

breakfast for dessert ice cream pie

One of the treats we enjoyed was this Breakfast for Dessert pie…I know, r e a l l y ??

Favorite breakfast foods, like buttery cinnamon rolls with butter pecan “frosting” and a cup of coffee…

Combined to make this decadent ice cream pie!

Using mini cinnamon rolls from the deli bakery makes quick work of the crust,  slice them in half horizontally and place them close together in a pie dish

Once the bottom and sides are covered, squish them together to eliminate any large holes and pour butter evenly over all

Use a spoon to press down and compact the rolls

Bake crust at 350 for 10-12 minutes to firm up.  Let crust cool

Top cooled crust with a layer of softened butter pecan ice cream and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to firm up ice cream

Add the final layer of coffee ice cream and smooth out.  Cover and place in the freezer until serving

Let pie sit out for a few minutes and then cut into wedges, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon

ice cream pie

Breakfast for Dessert Pie

• Servings: 8-10
  • Time: active prep: 20 minutes, bake: 10 minutes, chill: 1+ hours

1 pint coffee ice cream

1 pint butter pecan ice cream

18 mini cinnamon rolls

2-3 T butter

whipped cream

cinnamon

Slice cinnamon rolls in half horizontally.  Press into pie dish closely together and compact by pushing down with the back of a spoon.  Pour butter evenly over crust.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes to set.

Fill cooled crust with a layer of butter pecan ice cream.  Freeze for 30 minutes.  Add a layer of coffee ice cream and smooth out top.  Cover and return to freezer until serving.

Let pie sit out for a few minutes before cutting into wedges.  Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

cinnamon roll & ice cream pie

You can even switch it up and have dessert for breakfast!

for another printable version of Breakfast for Dessert Pie click here

……………………………………………

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&JThe Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate ThursdayWork it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxPoofing the Pillows

Comments
19 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Breakfast for Dessert Pie”
  1. Linda says:

Yummy that sure looks good!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes we learn something new everyday and I was just as surprised and grateful that you can iron out the wrinkles on watercolour paper. Thanks Google!

Jenna, I’ve seen the cinnamon pie crust on Pinterest using the prebaked cinnamon rolls! Using ready made rolls and ice cream layers makes your pie quick and easy! I know your Breakfast for Dessert Pie had to be a hit with your company 🙂

3. Kim says:

My favorite ice creams are coffee and buttered pecan. This sounds divine!

4. I have never thought of using cinnamon rolls as a pie crust, but why not? Jenna, I love sweets for breakfast and this is a quick and easy dessert to serve with coffee! Sounds sinfully yummy!

5. Emily says:

Oh my Jenna, this looks so delicious! I love pie with coffee and I could definitely eat it for breakfast! I think I just may do that this week, I’m in PCB for the week……….yay! I will have to buy my pie, no kitchen for me this week…………..

O M G!!! YUM!!! What a GREAT idea!!!!

7. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

Cinnamon roll crust? There’s a place for you in dessert heaven.

8. Wow, now this is a decadent breakfast! How fun!

I haven’t had coffee ice cream in 100 years! Sounds really good:@)

10. Rhonda says:

Cinnamon rolls for pie crust…now that’s ingenious! And sounds so tasty too! This is my kind of breakfast! Yum! 🙂 ~Rhonda

11. Sandra Garth says:

I should request this for Mother’s Day!

12. Rhonda says:

Came back to copy and share on my blog FB Page! 🙂

13. Marsha Baker says:

Oh what a flavor blast this would be. Love it!

What a delicious treat, it looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

15. israelisalad says:

Did you know that yesterday was International Ice Cream for Breakfast Day? Did you eat this pie for breakfast? In honor of the holiday, I’m hosting a month-long virtual ice cream party on my site: https://israelisalad.wordpress.com/2017/02/02/international-ice-cream-for-breakfast-day-feb-4-2017-invitationgfvegan-ice-cream-recipe/ I’d be happy if you join!

1. […] who is quite the talent in the kitchen wanted to feature this delicious pie that Jenna at The Painted Apron whipped up!  This is a keeper of a […]

2. […] am a fan of dessert any time of the day and my favorite foodie feature, came from Jenna at The Painted Apron. Her Breakfast For Dessert Pie looks like it could easily become a family […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )