Recipe Box, Simple Sunday Supper Vanilla Surprise Cake

1 box vanilla cake mix + mini Snickers + Almond glaze= winner cake dessert for dinner!

See how easy this is?

cake

I might have had a teeeeeeeeeeny little sliver for breakfast  😋

Snickers stuffed vanilla cake

See the Snickers hiding inside?

chocolate and vanilla cake

You can make it healthier by adding berries and cream…  😘

vanilla snickers cake

I garnished it with a few vanilla chocolate curls and a simple almond glaze

vanilla cake with almond drizzle

The almond glaze is transparent but if you look closely you can see the shiny patches where it is

simple Sunday supper cake

Just a simple Sunday supper cake with a nutty chocolate surprise inside!

Simple Sunday Supper Vanilla Surprise Cake

• Servings: 1 bundt cake, 12-16 slices

1 box Super Moist white cake mix

4 large eggs

1 cup sour cream

1/3 cup butter, melted

2 tsp almond emulsion or extract

2 tsp vanilla extract

20 mini snickers, cut into 1/4s

chocolate curls, fresh berries for garnish

whipped cream, optional

Almond Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1 T almond emulsion

3-4 T milk, to desired glaze consistency

Prepare cake according to package directions, except use 4 eggs, 1 cup sour cream and 1/3 cup melted butter instead of package recommended ingredients.  Pour 1/2 batter into greased bundt pan.  Tuck 2/3 Snickers pieces into batter, spacing evenly.  Top with remaining batter and remaining Snickers.  Bake according to package directions, checking for doneness near the end of cooking time.  Do not over bake or cake will be dry, err on the side of slightly under done.

Make glaze by stirring almond emulsion into sugar and adding enough milk until desired consistency is reached.

Let cake cool completely and turn out onto a plate.  Drizzle with glaze and top with chocolate curls and berries

chocolate and vanilla cake

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Simple Sunday Vanilla Surprise Cake click here

………………………………………………………………..

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&JThe Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate ThursdayWork it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxPoofing the Pillows

Sweet Inspiration

Comments
22 Responses to “Recipe Box, Simple Sunday Supper Vanilla Surprise Cake”

Yum! And healthy with fruit on top 😉 and you know chocolate comes from the cocoa BEAN so it is a vegetable

2. Jenna, you cracked me up with just add some berries for a healthy version! Anyway, the cake looks delicious and I would definitely eat for breakfast! Have a joy-filled Sunday!

3. Rosie M. says:

Oh, my, my mouth literally started to water as I read your directions! This is a must have in my house. Thanks for the recipe, Jenna! Rosie

4. Gotta LOVE this one…my husband works for Mars, Inc!

Johanne Lamarche

5. Emily says:

Cake for dinner, with a candy insert, I’m in! Looks yummy Jenna…………

6. Rhonda says:

This sounds and looks so yummy! Will have to give this one a try! 🙂 ~Rhonda

7. Sheryl says:

What a fun cake! It looks wonderful.

I love a doctored cake mix Jenna and a candy surprise inside is the best kind! I know your family was happy to have a slice for dessert or breakfast 🙂

I’ll have a healthy piece for breakfast please:@)

10. Julie says:

Wow Jenna, this dessert looks so good. 🙂
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

Ooh Jenna, this would certainly satisfy my sweet tooth! I might be like you and have a sliver at breakfast, too. You’ve embellished it so prettily, also.
    I must tell you that after your post on the pizzas, I bought some of TJ’s pizza dough. I have always made my own pizza dough, but TJ’s is so good and at $1.19, what a deal! I haven’t tried the herbed one yet, but have it in the freezer. Thanks for the recommentions, Jenna. Hope you have a happy week.

• Thanks Kitty, I have an easy recipe for pizza dough too, but it’s hard to pass up prepared fresh dough. My grocery store, Publix, has good dough too and you can even buy it already rolled out, ready for topping-very convenient!! Hope you enjoy the cake 🙂 >

P. S. I think I need a cake server like yours!! Lol!

13. This looks fabulous and a wonderful way to foof up a plain old cake mix into something spectacular. It looks wonderful and I bet it tasted even better!

14. JESS44903 says:

This looks and sounds so delicious! 🙂

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for Recipes and Crafts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

15. Helen Adams says:

Hi Jenna,
    We would love your Cake, it looks delicious. I really enjoy a cake like this because you can add so many things to it. Hope you have a very special Fathers Day Weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!