Party Panache, Confetti Birthday Bundt

We celebrated a very special birthday over the weekend

Charlie Brown turned 2!

He was very enthusiastic about it!

And LOVED his birthday cake!

I wanted to keep things fairly simple for his 2 year old taste buds

Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix doctored up with an extra egg, buttermilk and vanilla pudding

Just for fun I colored half the batter a pretty pastel blue-green

I used a knife to swirl the batters a little

When the cake was cool, buttercream icing was piped in a double layer around the crown and the cake bottom and topped with sprinkles

There were a lot of ohs and ahs when we cut into the cake

Confetti Birthday Bundt

• Servings: 1 bundt cake, 8-12 servings

1 box Betty Crocker Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix

1 cup butter, melted

4 large eggs

1 cup buttermilk

1 regular size Jello vanilla instant pudding

sprinkles for decorating

Combine mix with other ingredients and beat until combined.  Pour into greased bundt pan and bake until tester comes out clean, 35-45 minutes.  Cool

Turn cake out onto a cake stand or plate.  Pipe buttercream icing in large dots around the crown and base of cake.  Decorate icing with colorful sprinkles

Buttercream Icing

3 3/4 cups powdered sugar

4 T milk or cream

2 tsp vanilla

Beat icing ingredients together until smooth.  Add more liquid or sugar to adjust consistency

Make a wish!

Tomorrow I will share a birthday tablescape and for Fearless Friday we will paint the birthday candle plates

Thanks so much for your visit!

for another printable version of Confetti Birthday Bundt click here

cake banner and candle/Hobby Lobby

🎂   🍰   🎂   🍰   🎂   🍰

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the PorchCelebrate and Decorate,

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Lori’s Culinary Creations,   Moonlight and Mason Jars

Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Share it One More Time

Comments
17 Responses to “Party Panache, Confetti Birthday Bundt”
  1. Ohmygosh, what cuties! Oh, and that cake is pretty cute too. 😉

2. I have a very good feeling that birthdays at your house are pretty spectacular! And loads of fun!

3. Such cuties…Jenna, you make everyday so special! The cake looks delicious! Happy birthday to Charlie Brown (Wallace)!🎈🎈🎈

What a perfect cake for that little sweetheart!!!! 💚

5. What a cute 2 year old!! I am sure he loved the cake. The banner is also cute on top!

6. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

Those faces! As sweet as the cake!

7. lulu says:

I want to have a birthday celebration at your house!

Adorable Jenna, love that smile on his face! I was going to comment on those cute birthday candle plates too 🙂

9. Stacey says:

So cute! My son loved the confetti icing when he was little. I never made such a cool cake though. 🙂

10. Julie says:

What a pretty and festive birthday cake you baked Jenna! I love the confetti mix in cupcakes too. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J. Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

11. JESS44903 says:

Aww…so pretty! 🙂

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Hi Jenna,
    What a special celebration for such a special little guy, they are both adorable! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!

13. Love the joy on their faces. Happy Birthday to a cute two year old. Cute cake.Sorry, I a little late to the party.

14. Kim says:

Adorable grands, Jenna. Your cake looks delicious, and the birthday sign is wonderful, too!

• Thanks Kim! I just visited your blog and had difficulty leaving a comment, then I went to your contact tab and the form wasn’t there, only the coding. I went back to the blog post and finally got it to work, but I just wanted to let you know that you might want to check…I noticed you’ve made a lot of changes, and it looks great, but there might be some hiccups… >

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )