Take-out Tuesday, Grab-a-Snack Jars

This is a fun project, and you will love the convenience of having these snack jars to grab and take with you whether you are off to work, doing errands, or just going outside to enjoy Spring

You might be surprised at all the combos you can come up with from your pantry and fridge

Fresh raw veggies, yogurt, crackers, salad dressing, granola, peanut butter & peanut butter balls, cheese, grapes, blueberries are some of the things I used

I added Chia seeds to the yogurt for extra nutrition,

if you don’t know the benefits of chia and how to use it click here

I used 1/2 pint jars and they are the perfect size for portion size and calorie control

Be sure to keep the ones with yogurt, vegetables and salad dressing in a cooler if you take them with you

The possibilities are endless!

My favorite combo was lemon yogurt with granola and blueberries, it tasted like cheesecake!

For a sweet and salty treat I combined peanut butter balls, peanut butter pretzels, and a sprinkle of chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch chips…decadent, delightful but only 250 calories

Spend a few minutes creating some snack jars and see what you can come up with!

Grab-a-Snack Jars

pineapple chunks

dried cranberries or apricots

raisins

Vegetables

celery sticks

cherry tomatoes

baby carrots or carrot sticks

sweet pepper stripes

broccoli or cauliflower florets

blanched snow peas or green beans

crisp tender asparagus spears

olives

Dips

french onion dip

bleu cheese, ranch, Russian, thousand island or creamy Italian dressing

vinaigrette

yogurt

Proteins

almond, cashew or peanut butter

peanut butter balls

cheese, sticks, cubes, wedges or rounds

granola

shelled nuts, peanuts, cashews, almonds, macadamia

Extras

chocolate, white chocolate or butterscotch chips

pretzels or peanut butter pretzels

small crackers or goldfish

Note: fruits like apples, pears and bananas might brown and some things may soften after a day or two

Here are some other favorite jar dishes

Pimento Cheese Omelet in a Jar

Put ingredients in the jar and refrigerate, then cook it in the microwave for breakfast or lunch

Wild Snax, no cooking, just a mix of favorite goodies

And of course, one of my favorite ways to make desserts, in a jar!

Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Parfaits

Happy Snacking!

🍇   🥒   🥜   🍓   🥕

Spring & Easter Joy on Panalopy

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
26 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Grab-a-Snack Jars”

I bet the kiddos love having a jar-to-go and grab Jenna! The lemon yogurt with granola and blueberries would be a great breakfast to go for me. 🙂

2. Jenna, what a great idea. I agree with you and Mary, the lemon yogurt with granola and blueberries would be a perfect breakfast on the go. Happy Tuesday!

3. pattyanneart says:

What a great idea, Jenna!! 😊

Such great ideas!!

5. I need to start making these for my husband to take to work. That poor guy…they schedule patients stacked on top of each other, and he rarely gets a chance to sit down and eat lunch. He needs something easy that’s on-the-go and nutritious. I have a couple of cases of these jars…may as well put them to good use!

• Great idea Alycia! When my husband was practicing he often had to skip lunch, and these jars stay fresh for longer than you’d think. I also keep all our crackers, cookies, nuts and snacks in large jars and they stay fresh for months!

What a great idea for parties! When I need party ideas I know where to come.

7. Great ideas!! However I would probably eat the snacks before they got into the jars!!

So creative, colorful and a great way to eat healthy on the go! 😃 Thanks Jenna for the ideas!

9. what a good idea! Delicious, fun and creative. Very smart — and inspiring, too!

Calorie control… What’s that?:@) Sounds like a neat idea!

11. Cindy Conner says:

I love the idea of having a snack in a jar. I love the salads in a jar too. And those little jars doesn’t take up much room and reusable. Thanks so much for the ideas. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

12. This is such a great idea! First of all, I like that you used jars which is something we can reuse instead of discarding. Being able to grab and go is just perfect for real life. We are doing WW right now…I might make some jars for us that work for our diet. 🙂

13. handmade by amalia says:

A brilliant idea. I’ll take the yogurt, please.
    Amalia
    xo

14. All these jar combos are looking good to me right now, Jenna! This is a great idea and makes a snack of lettuce and peppers seems so much more satisfying than pulling them from a plastic bag. I love crunchy lettuce and lemon yogurt too. Thanks for the inspiration! Linda

15. marilyn1998 says:

Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #ThursdayFavoriteThings this week. Visit me at https://www.marilynstreats.com on thursday morning to see your feature! All hosts choose their own features from the comments left on their blog so be sure to return to my blog to see your feature. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please don’t forget to add your link numbers or post title so we can be sure to visit!

16. Leona Course says:

I always get hungry when I see what you post!

1. […] On the Go Snack Jars turned into Grab a Snack Jars […]