Tablescapes, Love equals “A Nice “Pearing”

photo

Do you ever buy something just because you love it, but you don’t really have anything to go with it?

I bought this green and gray Ikat runner a while ago just because I fell in love…It was folded away for a while, patiently waiting for me to put it to use…I  “played” with it, trying it out layered with the gray polka dot and chevron runner I made for DD

layered runners thepaintedapron.com

When summer arrived it proudly graced the dining room table with my favorite chartreuse ceramic platter and large silver carafe~ please tell me if you know the proper name for this, I am sure it’s not carafe but that sounded better than thing

When I painted these chargers I finally knew it’s destiny!

white swirl charger thepaintedapron..com

Romance!

pear table 4 thepaintedapron.com

A cozy little setting for two

runner fold thepaintedapron.com

With this “runner fold” I set 2 places, putting the large platter on top of the fold to conceal it

I set this for our recent wedding anniversary, which has turned out to be a “nice pairing” also 😉

pear table 3 thepaintedapron.com

I bought the gray chevron napkins for the same reason, love...

lemon squares thepaintedapron.com

and I have already used them multiple times, for Curious Bunnies and Lemon Martinis and as a liner for my French Pastry Box

pears and silver thepaintedapron.com

table for 2 thepaintedapron.com

painted chargers thepaintedapron.com

At first I set this using pewter salad plates, which make “a nice pairing” also…

green and silver thepaintedapron.com

pear table thepaintedapron

But ultimately I liked the white better…

silver chargers thepaintedapron.com

I have been having a lot of fun playing with my new chargers, I hope you’ll come back soon to see how I use them for a tea party~

for more photos and info on these Painted Chargers click here

for more photos and info on the table runner fold click here

for a tutorial on making a table runner click here

_____________________________________________

Rustic and Refined

The Dedicated House

The Scoop

A Stroll Thru Life

The Style Sisters

Savvy Southern Style

Between Naps on the Porch

Comments
45 Responses to “Tablescapes, Love equals “A Nice “Pearing””

Love your Ikat runner folded at your cozy table for two Jenna! It does make a nice pearing 🙂 with your other green and silver accessories! I do often buy things I love that don’t go with anything else and tuck them away to play with when inspiration hits.

2. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

I like the way you folded the runner! Makes a cozy little setting for two:@)

3. I love how you did the runner fold for a table for two, Jenna! The colors, patterns, and textures of this setting are spectacular!!

4. It’s such a pretty look, all together!

5. Emily says:

Hi Jenna, Yes, I do find things and put them away. I love how this all comes together for a gorgeous setting. Love the runner, and the silver and the way you set the table for two!
    I just added your beautifully new designed button for Souther Jubilee to my sidebar. Great job and thank you!

• Thanks Emily! I wanted to work on the blog button a little more but Kim wouldn’t let me, she grabbed it and went!! Let me know the next time you can go to a meeting so I can plan on being there too~

6. Rosie says:

What a perfect setting for a dinner for two! There is absolutely nothing you could change in the setting to make it any lovelier! The colors and plate stack are perfect. Thank you for sharing, Jenna. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

7. I love the color chartreuse — so much that I have a little desk and mirror in my bedroom painted that color! Is that “thing” possibly a decanter?

8. Hi, Jenna! I really like that fold on the runner. That gives such a neat look. I also like the way you mix designs. There’s a real art to that, and not everyone gets it right. It’s fun how you even used 2 different but complementary charger patterns. It lends an individualized look to each place setting without throwing the look off balance.

I hope you 2 enjoyed a wonderful anniversary!

9. Elizabeth says:

Beautiful!

10. Marigene says:

Who would have thought grey and chartreuse could make such a striking tablescape…I ♥ it. There are so many wonderful elements on your table, linens, dishes, especially the chargers you painted.
    Have a great week, Jenna.

11. Love how you put everything together.Colors, textures, patterns, all compliment each other nicely.
    Thanks for designing the darling bloggers button. I am proudly displaying it on my sidebar.

12. Jennifer says:

Fantastic! Love the combinations of pattern and color! I bought a set of salad plates that are in IKaaT from Cwonder and have been struggling to pair them myself

13. I love your table for two….the colors are stunning! Perfect!

14. Great ideas in this setting – love the runner fold, the painted chargers and the color combo! Off to read how you painted the chargers!!

15. Kim says:

I really like the runner fold idea, Jenna. Now that we’re empty nesters, I’ll be copying some ideas like that one. You brought everything together beautifully to design your table around the runner. And, you must know I love those napkins with that embroidery stitch detail! 🙂

16. Kathleen says:

Very pretty! I like the white plate too, lighter looking with the green!

17. I don’t know where to start here. Love love love this setting! First, where did you get the pears? They are so sculptural. I love the color combination as well. It’s very unusual and works wonderfully. Finally, how clever the runner fold is! I might have to borrow that one… 😉 I love your big chartreuse charger as well!

• Thank you Lory! I got the pears at Pier 1 a long time ago…I fell in love with that chartreuse charger at a furniture store several years ago and just had to have it. You will see it in a lot of my tables and vignettes, not only because I love it but because it is too big to stash away! I use the runner fold all the time, I would much rather have table runners than place mats!

18. Liz @ Infuse With Liz says:

Wonderful mix of fabrics, patterns and colors! Love the Ikat print- I don’t blame you for grabbing it up! I think that mercury glass piece can be called a carafe- love the design on it. Great “pearing”!

19. Bev says:

Wonderful…love the way it all looks together. Score!

20. Ann k says:

Fabulous table!! I love love love the chargers you painted!! The napkins are a perfect choice, love the color combination!

21. Your table for two is so pretty! A lovely setting for a dinner for two, the folded runner is so clever. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo P.S> I posted my new giveaway on Friday ♥.

22. Sandra Garth says:

I love the unique runner fold. I love the ikat design. I love everything about this table!

23. Wonderful table my friend! I love the adorable little pear and the gorgeous table runner!

24. CraftyHope says:

The chartreuse is really lovely and bright. I like how you gave it a romantic feel.

1. […] has done it again with this lovely tablescape.  To see all of the details, head on over to The Painted Apron.  Make it Pretty Monday Home Decor […]