Creations, Haunted Halloween Mansion

haunted mansion

I guess I should warn you…

Halloween fireplace

I love Halloween!

Halloween door

NOT the creepy, ghoulish, bloody, scary stuff…

new Halloween0707_08

The CUTE and happy candy FUN stuff!

Halloween vignette

I bought this cardboard house at the craft store [Hobby Lobby]

and decided to turn it into a haunted Halloween mansion

It’s made out of thick, stiff cardboard

I lightly dry brushed some Graphite Gray paint on it, being careful not to get any area “wet,” whicn might cause the material to get soft or wrinkled

haunted house

I used black on the roof

and a little orange brushed with a black overlay on the chimney

halloween house thepaintedapron,com

I wanted the house to look old, neglected and weathered

The fence came from the craft store too, it was just the right size!

Everything fit perfectly on a square rattan charger, so I “tiled” the front porch with candy corn tile and laid a popcorn jelly belly bean sidewalk

I made a bunting and some signs on the computer using PicMonkey

Save this to your computer, print out on card stock, and cut

Popsicle sticks make a great reinforcement for the card stock signs

Gather up everything you might use for decorating

Let the landscaping begin!

Bright yellow squares of paper are taped inside the upper windows to signify lamp light

Spooky St

There are Halloween umbrella “trees” and broom parking by the front fence

halloween centerpiece

Trick or Treat pails are there for the grabbing

haunted halloween

The witch is home by the way, you can tell by her hat on the roof

If you should be in the neighborhood, or passing by on Haunted Hwy, beware of spiders, ghosts and goblins….

haunted halloween house

Enter at your own risk!

Halloween house 2

I’m not going to start any Halloween decorating until the second week of October because if I do it too early I will get sick of it and it will make me crazy

fall bakers rack 2

So this little Haunted Mansion is going to hang out on the top shelf of the baker’s rack in the kitchen

fall baker's rack

where I keep seasonal things for daily use, and Super Boy hides his Lego collection

Halloween vignette

It will be safe from pirates up there

And handy to grab when it’s time for some Halloween fun!

haunted house

If you’d like some more Halloween ideas, click on the green links below:

Halloween table

Crazy for Candy Corn!

Halloween cupcakes

Spooky Butter Pecan Mini Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting

Halloween jars

Halloween Decor

Have fun!

I will be sharing with the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and:

Between Naps on the Porch

The Scoop

The Style Sisters

Savvy Southern Style

Posed Perfection

Big Autumn Bash

33 Responses to “Creations, Haunted Halloween Mansion”
  1. Love the Haunted Mansion, Jenna! I didn’t know PicMonkey can do other things besides edit pics. Oh, and the little pirate is priceless! ~Karen

2. Your haunted house is too cute for words! Almost as as cute as the pirate. I am sure you must be their favorite grandmother!

3. I know you had so much fun making this!! I love it! XO

4. cheri says:

How clever! love how you make Halloween so cute and fun!

5. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

Cuuuute! Lovin’ Boo Blvd! I always say I like to keep the “Happy” in Halloween:@)

6. Liz Mackie says:

All so cute. Thank you.

7. Velva says:

These are some fun and creative ideas. Thanks!!!

8. Ann K says:

Your haunted house is adorable!! So is the pirate! I am just getting started with fall – now you have me thinking about Halloween!! I have to agree with you – it is just a fun day!

9. Marigene says:

Wow, that haunted house is awesome, Jenna! I want to sit at that cute table…love the candy corn placemats.
    Have a wonderful week.

A cackle of glee from me Jenna, your haunted mansion is Spooktacular! Love the printed signs and your sense of fun: “This is the intersection of Spooky St and Boo Blvd~that poor fellow on the porch has been waiting forever to see the witch.” LOL I know that little pirate is for lots of treats from you in October, especially if you’re laying candy corn tile constructing jelly belly sidewalks🙂

11. Karen says:

At which store did you get the cardboard house? Cute!!!

12. CraftyHope says:

Dang, this is too cute! You make me want to run out the craft store and find one of those houses! I like your additions of the little signs. I have a thing for fonts and graphics. . . I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for Halloween. It’s such a fun holiday to decorate for.

13. Kim says:

Oh, Jenna, I love that house!!! It is awesome, with the BOO banner. the signs…broom parking! You have really done it this time. There is so much inspiration in this post, that I’m tired just trying to get that kind of energy. Are you taking some new vitamins?🙂

• ha!! That’s funny, I probably do seem a little obsessed lately! It’s actually opposite, I have had this itching allergy for a couple weeks, driving me absolutely crazy, and I have been doing everything and anything to keep myself distracted! It’s finally better and I am going to go to the beach and relax for a few days!

14. too cute! love your haunted mansion! And keeping it safe from pirates is smart too🙂

15. Your halloween touches are just adorable!! I admit I don’t get into it as much anymore since the kids moved out but this may change my mind!

16. Sandra Garth says:

You are very creative, this is very inspiring!

17. I love that the “witch is in!” That poor guy on the front porch! Jenna, this is just fabulous. The funnest haunted mansion I’ve ever seen!

18. anatheli says:

WOW!! Love it all!! So many inspiring ideas. The Haunted Mansion is genius.
    Stopping by via Kim’s Thoughtful Thursday.
    PS- I too like a “CUTE and happy candy FUN stuff” Halloween.🙂

19. Marcia says:

Oh dear, comment showed up with unknown name and link. Trying again, please delete previous.

WOW!! Love it all!! So many inspiring ideas. The Haunted Mansion is genius.
    Stopping by via Kim’s Thoughtful Thursday.
    PS- I too like a “CUTE and happy candy FUN stuff” Halloween.🙂

20. Christy says:

I already commented on this way above, but I still love it! So glad to see it at our party! XO

21. Jenna, this is so creative…I love it! Brilliant idea!

22. milamyk says:

Thank you so much for linking up with Big Autumn Bash !🙂

1. […] difficult for me to choose just one to feature this week, but I did it. The Haunted Mansion from The Painted Apron, was so creative and cute, too. I know I was suppose to be scared in a haunted mansion, but the […]

2. […] Haunted Halloween Mansion by The Painted Apron {Christy’s Pick} […]

3. […] Haunted Halloween Mansion by The Painted Apron {Christy’s Pick} […]

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )