Creations, Silly Goose to Little Miss Fancy!

I love the designs by McKenzie-Childs, especially the signature black and white checks and the fearless pattern mixing~ [photo source]

When I saw these rose covered geese in the spring catalog, $165 and $120,  I remembered my “silly goose”

silly goose

I’ve had her for years and thought it might be fun to give her a little make-over

two swishy strokes to form rose buds

Purple and green cover her orange webbed feet

painted patterns

Green leaves on the rosebuds, bright orange dots and the beginnings of a neckband

Use a flat square brush to make a checked pattern.  Make evenly spaced square strokes, leaving every other space blank, painting the lightest check color first

When the lighter checks have dried, add the darker check

She was very cooperative, didn’t move or flinch a bit!

bottoms up

Now when she bends over,

rear view

all you see is fancy

Her feet got a few more stripes and a black and white “pedicure”

Fancy Nancy 3

And gold bands around her neck

fancy fanny 2

With gold dots to match on her head

Fancy Nancy 3

A  little “rouge”

Miss Fancy thepaintedaproncom

And this silly goose

painted duck

Is now a Fancy Nancy!

fancy fanny 2

“Little Miss Fancy,” isn’t she adorable?

Juicy Details

I used Liquetex  Acrylic Glossies paint

You might also like my Patience Brewster inspired wreath Crazy Daisy Wreath here

Crazy Daisy wreath

Crazy Bead Bowl here

crazy bead bowl thepaintedapron.comjpg

For other pattern mixes and painted checks see Painting Silver here

painted silver

Happy Painting and Recreating!

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and

The Scoop

Between Naps on the Porch

Cook Craft Love

The Style Sisters

AKA Design

18 Responses to “Creations, Silly Goose to Little Miss Fancy!”

Oh Jenna…Your silly goose is a beautiful swan with a few strokes your talented paintbrush! I can’t decide if I love her purple and green webbed feet or painted checkboard ‘fancy fanny’ more :)) Love your creativity and her rosebud body too. ♥

2. Ellen says:

I like yours better than the store-bought. I wonder if I have anything…. wonder how an owl would look? He might get upset if I painted roses on him! I will have to keep my eyes open for something to do this on.

3. Sharon Calvert says:

Super clever way to enjoy the eclectic style of McKenzie-Childs without the price tag! The bead bowl is especially cute, too. Thank you for sharing your process, and Happy Easter!

4. Sherry says:

So Cute! I like yours much better than the MC version.

5. Anonymous says:

very clever, i have had 2 of these gals for over 30 years, i can’t wait to jazz them up!

She turned out great Jenna! Always nice to find some fun inspiration and make it totally your own-enjoy:@)

7. Marigene says:

Adorable…you are so creative, Jenna!

8. Kim says:

Oh, my gosh!!! She is so fun now! You did a fabulous make-over, and she’s so pretty now. I’m glad Fancy Nancy has a new name to go with her look. 🙂

9. Kim says:

Amazing! She is just the sweetest. I love her bottom. 😉

Oh my gosh, Jenna, how fabulous is your goose and cuter than the ones in the catalog!! You rock, girlfriend!!

11. Cheryl says:

Love what you did!

12. christykjames says:

How cute is that?? I never thought to paint ceramic pieces, although my decorative painting skills are very limited. Going back to check out your wreath! XO

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

• Follow The Painted Apron on