Home Decor, Nautical Nursery

Baby Boy bounced into the world a week ago, and his “Nautical Nursery” was waiting for him

nautical nursery 2 thepaintedaproncom

Come on in, I can’t wait to give you the tour

nautical nursery 3 thepaintedapron.com

DD, darling daughter,  and her sweet husband, NG, nicest guy,  decided on a nautical theme, and choose navy as the highlight for the gray and white room

nautical nursery rug thepaintedapron.com

I love the rope like stripes on this navy and white rug

changing dresser thepaintedapron.com

The changing station is on top of a large dresser

changing station on dresser thepaintedapron.com

A white frame is photo ready and the Blue Anchor points to the clean diapers

painted anchor thepaintedapron.com

There’s a comfy glider chair for feeding and rocking

whale nursery thepaintedapron.com

The whale quilt and bedding were the inspiration for the room

PicMonkey Collage

nautical nursery 1 thepaintedapron.com

DD asked me to do a series of graphic styled canvases for the wall over the bed

seashore nursery art thepaintedapron.com

At first she was going to use green, but once we tried it in the room she didn’t like it,  so I replaced the fish and the boat with a lighthouse and a new sailboat

nautical nursery art 3 thepaintedapron.com

nautical nursery art 1 thepaintedapron.com

Across the room is a toy and book shelf

nautical toy shelves thepaintedapron.com

Striped soft baskets with rope handles,

stuffed whales, and a “book boat”

CC tried it out to make sure it was user friendly…

blue and white nursery thepaintedapron.com

The paddle will be hung on the wall and used as a growth chart

nursery shelves thepaintedapron.com

We painted the night table DD recently inherited from her grandmother, which makes it very special~

nursery rocker thepaintedapron.com

There’s a small boat holding burp cloths handy to the feeding chair

nautical nightstand thepaintedapron.com

The night table was originally dark brown stained wood

nightstandAnnie Sloan Old White to the rescue, it only took 2 coats

The edges of the table are just lightly sanded in spots

chalk paint night table thepaintedapron.com

We put the original hardware back on because it is similar to the hardware on the dresser

Old white nightstand thepaintedapron.xom

The lamps are rough textured ceramic, white and off white, recycled from our beach house, and go perfectly with this nautical little boy’s room

nautical nursery 2 thepaintedaproncom

I think he will be very happy here!

Juicy Details

The “book boat” and smaller boat on the night table are from Hobby Lobby.  I painted over the orginal color with Annie Sloan Napoleonic Blue and trimmed them out in Old White

See more about the painted anchor on Quick Color Fix here

Crib/Diapers.com

Rug, whale bedding, striped storage baskets, stuffed whale/Land of Nod

Paddle/Coastal Cottage, Orange Beach AL

painted canvases/JMdesigns

_______________________________________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and

The Style Sisters

Kneaded Creations

Karen’s Up on the Hill

The Scoop

Between Naps on the Porch

AKA Design

Memories by the Mile

The Style Sisters

Comments
32 Responses to “Home Decor, Nautical Nursery”

It turned out great! A very “welcome home” for the little guy:@)

2. Poppy says:

Wow! what a beautiful nursery! I love the nautical theme and the soft gray colors. The graphic canvases on the wall look absolutely adorable 🙂 Such a beautiful “welcome home!” Hugs, Poppy

3. Sally says:

This nursery is such a happy place! Lucky baby boy! He will love his big sister too!

4. Ellen says:

What a sophisticated nursery! This whole design can grow with the boy, and that is great planning. He is going to sleep like a sweet little prince!

5. Kim says:

What a wonderful room! I love every little (and big) thing about it. The pictures you painted are perfect – so fun. It’s very fitting to choose a nautical theme, since it “runs in the family”. The navy and white rug DD chose is eye-catching, too. Soft baskets are great for kids, and I love the bold stripe. I could go on all day about this darling room, but you probably don’t have all day. You’ve got rocking and holding to do! 🙂 Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson!

Absolutely adorable Jenna! I love nautical theme rooms for little boys. Your painted canvases are so cute and the perfect accent for the walls and I love the lighthouse and sailboat additions. The whale bedding is cute, cute, cute!! Love the idea of an oar as a growth chart too 🙂

7. Congratulations, on your new baby grandson! So exciting and what a delightful nursery. Glad you shared his nursery with us. Great theme and so functional too. Much love and work went into a beautiful room for God’s new creation. Blessings to all the family.

8. Jennifer says:

The color scheme is perfect! Really well put together and great to grow with too! (I love the fish, even though they didn’t make the cut!)

9. TwoPlusCute says:

Beautiful nursery! Love the boats and the art. I pin!

10. So sweet! I love the furniture redo and the growth chart on the paddle!
    Thank you so much for sharing with me for Something to Talk About! Pinning!
    Karen

11. How cute! I bet the boy will love it for years to come! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again next week. 🙂

~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

12. Zan says:

I love it…such a wonderful job for this little boy’s nursery!

13. Darlene says:

Awe, what a great nautical nursery for a sweet little guy!!
    Darlene

14. This just could not be any cuter! Love it!! Visiting from the Creative Ways link party 🙂

15. plutrell says:

Really cute! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

16. Pat says:

Meon,
    A D O R A B L E!!!
    Each and every detail was totally charming!!!
    The best part is this is an amazing space that will “grow” with him!!!
    My favorite are the striped soft storage baskets with the rope handles!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

17. suzannebagheri2014 says:

Such sweetness! Many congrats on your baby boy! Featuring today on The Painted Drawer Inspiration Link Party and thanks for linking up!!

Congratulations on Baby Boy, Jenna!!!! His room is perfect and so clean and fresh. Your designs on the wall are wonderful and pick up the nautical theme so well. A new baby in the family makes for exciting times, doesn’t it?

19. hollybertone says:

Hi Jenna – Wow, so this is how behind I am on my “read” file LOL! I don’t think I have ever seen a CUTER nursery ever. It’s adorable! DD and baby boy are very lucky! I love your canvas paintings and especially how you incorporated Grandma’s dresser. Very sweet and blessings to your family for many years of joy, love, and happiness! Hugs, Holly