Recipe Box, Strawberries and Cream Pastry

This is just a simple, old fashioned recipe to enjoy the last of the sweet summer strawberries

Add food coloring to cooked berries to make them more red

strawberries and cream pastry 1 thepaintedapron.com

strawberry pastry thepaintedapron.com

strawberries and cream pastry 2 thepaintedapron.com

strawberries and cream pastry thepaintedapron.com

Strawberries and Cream Pastry

• Servings: 8

1 sheet puff pastry, thawed

2 oz softened cream cheese

1 pint strawberries, divided

1/2 cup sugar

2 T cornstarch

1/2 cup water

red food coloring, optional

Topping

1 cup heavy whipping cream

2 T confectioner’s sugar

1 tsp vanilla or almond extract

fresh mint leaves for garnish

………

Line a shallow tart pan with pastry, coaxing into a circle if using a round pan, and folding in excess.  Pierce all over with fork tines.  Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until baked through and golden. Let cool.

Cut tops off washed berries and cut 1 cup of the berries in half.  Cut remaining berries into 1/4s.  Place chopped berries into a sauce pan with sugar and turn burner on to medium.  Sugar will melt and begin to gently boil.  Add cornstarch to water and mix.   Add to strawberries.  Continue to simmer and stir until thickened, about 10 minutes.

Spread pastry with cream cheese.  Top with berry halves.  Spoon cooked berries over all.  Refrigerate.

Just before serving whip the cream.  Taste and add more sugar if desired.  Spoon cream on top of pastry and garnish with mint.  Cut into wedges to serve.  Makes 8 large wedges

This won’t keep more than a day or two, so enjoy right away~

strawberry cream tart thepaintedapron.com

strawberries and cream puff pastry thepaintedapron.com

mint topped strawberry cream pastry thepaintedapron.com

Enjoy!

You might also like

Strawberry Margarita Dessert Tacos

strawberry margarita tacos thepaintedapron.com

Creamy Chocolate Strawberry Tart

for another printable version of Strawberries and Cream Pastry click here

Get your strawberry on!!

___________________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and

Memories by the Mile

Crafty Staci

Comments
16 Responses to “Recipe Box, Strawberries and Cream Pastry”
  1. Judy Pimperl says:

I’m getting fat just looking at the post today! But, I really want to get up and go make something like this now. Have I told you that I can’t wait for our meeting at your house…when we get to eat your good cooking? The only problem with having all us bloggers and your gorgeous food is that we will all have to take lots of pics before anyone can touch it!
    Judy

2. Marigene says:

Looks delicious, Jenna…I have been wanting something a little different to do with strawberries. The tacos look good, too…but I am too lazy to take the time to do the taco shell part!

3. This does look easy, and so good that I would like a piece right now! Strawberries and cream, yum!

I think I need to play with puff pastry more:@) While it’s naughty, this is the kind of thing I’d love for breakfast!

There’s nothing better than puff pastry, cream cheese and fruit Jenna!

6. Gorgeous! Just quick and easy and oh sooooo delicious. I too am mourning the end of strawberry season 😦

7. sarahgiebens says:

There’s nothing better than a good strawberry & cream pie 😀

8. Tai East says:

This looks delish and I can’t wait to make it! Thanks for sharing! Be blessed! 🙂

Oh dear me, does this ever sound and look great, Jenna! Strawberries and cream cheese are a match made in heaven, and add puff pastry…ooh la la!!!

10. Arielle says:

Oh wow, it looks so incredibly delicious! ❤

Hi Jenna,
    What a great dessert and so simple, we will love it. We always enjoy your post at Full Plate Thursday and thanks so much for sharing them with us. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!