Holidays, Happy Easter & Cottontail Bunny Bottom Cookies

Wishing you a Happy Easter!

Easter centerpiece

We are celebrating with Golden Eggs

lemon filled rolls

and Cottontail Bunny Bottom Cookies

cottontail bunny cookies

I wanted to make these for you last weekend, but other bunny bottoms got in the way

Egg dying and birthday partying

IMG_0964

I used refrigerated sugar cookie dough and tried to cut it out and bake it, which doesn’t work FYI…so I cut the bunny shapes while the baked dough was still soft and warm from the oven

A little pink icing on the ears and to secure some sugar bunny feet,  and a large fluffy cottontail

bunny bottom cookie

I made the cottontails out of the Coconut Rum Snowball mixture here

cottontail cookies

Or you can mix cream cheese with a little powdered sugar, coconut and rum extract, roll into balls and cover with coconut,  or just use white icing

cottontail bunny cookies

Cottontail Bunny Bottom Cookies

• Servings: 10 cookies
  • Difficulty: medium

1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough

prepared pink icing

sugar paws

Coconut Rum Snowball or softened cream cheese mixed with a little sugar, vanilla, coconut or rum extract, or use white icing

coconut flakes

Slice dough and place rounds close together on parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 350 about 11 minutes or until just done and starting to turn golden.  Remove from oven and cut into bunny shapes immediately.  Let cookies cool and save baked scraps for nibbling or crumbling on another dessert or yogurt.   Pipe a line of icing on the bunny’s ears and for securing the feet.  Place paws on icing.  Roll cream cheese mixture into small balls and roll in coconut.  Add tails to cookies.  Refrigerate until serving.

Happy Easter to you and your Easter bunnies!

IMG_0998

Juicy Details

sugar paws and egg & grass sprinkles/Target

large wooden bunny/Olde Time Pottery

Hop sign tutorial

Easter Basket Pail tutorial

Easter vignette.jpg

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxGet Your DIY On, Poofing the Pillows

Comments
17 Responses to “Holidays, Happy Easter & Cottontail Bunny Bottom Cookies”

Happy Easter Jenna! Your bunny bottom cookies are adorable! I know your bunnies will keep you hoppin’ 🙂

2. Liz Mackie says:

So cute – thank you and Happy Easter

3. Jenna, the Easter bunny cookies are so cute! Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter!

Ha-ha, your Bunny Bottoms turned out cute Jenna! Happy Easter-have fun with the kids:@)

5. Emily says:

Oh Jenna, Your cottontail cookies are just adorable for your sweet crowd, I’m sure a big hit. I would love for that beautiful smiling baby bunny to be in my Easter basket. Precious…….Happy Easter my friend!

Happy Easter Jenna!

7. Pat@BPM says:

Happy Easter, Jenna!

8. Rhonda says:

The Bunny Bottom cookies are precious! …too cute! And I adore your Easter decorations by the door! What a fun way to welcome your guests! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter! 🙂 ~Rhonda

9. handmade by amalia says:

The bunny cookies are adorable. Almost too cute to eat.
    Amalia
    xo

10. Kim says:

How fun! I look forward to making your cottontail bunny cookies when I have grands. They are so cute! I hope you all had a fabulous Easter!

11. Heather says:

Everything looks so great! Love those cute cookies!

12. So, so adorable…and I know you must have had a most wonderful Easter with our family!!!

13. I love those little bunny cookies, just adorable! I am known in my family for my cookies, but I think I am going to have to add these to my line up! Thanks so much for finding the party on the new night!

14. Design Chic says:

Loving your Easter cookies – they are adorable!

15. Christine says:

Oh gawd, what a cute porch display!!!!!

16. The cookies are almost too cute to eat and that porch display is gorgeous!

17. JESS44903 says:

Everything looks SO cute! 🙂

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!