Tablescapes, Crazy for Blueberries & Buttery Blueberry Cornbread

We have been crazy for berries this summer, especially blueberries

blueberry cornbread 1

This Blueberry Cornbread recipe from  Southern Bite was calling my name

summer blueberry table

This cornbread is not as dense as some, and gets moisture and sweetness from the blueberries

It’s really good paired with a blueberry beer!

fishing for blueberries

It’s easy peasy to make, a 5 Minute Prep recipe

baking cornbread

At the risk of being called Paula Deen,  I brushed the top with butter 😱

buttery cornbread

It was swoonworthy

blueberry cornbread

It deserved it’s very own tablescape ⭐️

crazy for blueberries

Lots of blue for this blueberry bread

blueberry cornbread table

It’s not filled with corn, but blueberries instead!

fish place setting

Summer here means fishing and lots of fish things

summer blueberry table

And summer berries make every dish sing!

Buttery Blueberry Cornbread

• Servings: 8

1 cup self rising flour

1 cup self rising cornmeal mix

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

2/3 cup milk

2 eggs

2 T vanilla

12 oz blueberries

1 stick butter, melted

1/2 stick butter, softened

Combine flour, cornmeal mix and sugar in a mixing bowl.  In another mixing bowl combine eggs, vanilla and milk and whisk to combine.  Add wet ingredients to dry.  Stir well and add melted butter.  Fold in blueberries.  Place batter into a greased 8″ x 8″ square pan or deep dish pie round.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden and set.  Immediately spread softened butter over top.  Let sit several minutes before cutting into squares or wedges.

You might also want to try this crazy good blueberry Fast & Fabulous Flatbread

blueberry, fig and bacon flatbread

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Buttery Blueberry Cornbread click here

Juicy Details

Sardina fish plates/Anthropologie

painted fish pitcher, glasses/Heads or Tails

chevron drapes/Overstock.com

fish platter/Home Goods 2015

……………………………………………..

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&JThe Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate ThursdayWork it Wednesday

Poofing the Pillows

Comments
25 Responses to “Tablescapes, Crazy for Blueberries & Buttery Blueberry Cornbread”

Your blueberry cornbread sounds wonderful Jenna and I love that it has its own tablescape 🙂 I love your colorful fish plates, mats and fun napkin rings too!

2. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

This reminds me of a recipe I’ve been looking for, for a very long time! Disney’s Contemporary Resort served a lemony cornbread as a dessert and it was fabulous. I’m thinking your blueberry version may be even better! I’ve got blueberries in the refrigerator right now!

How how wonderful it sounds! Blueberry heaven!

4. I am crazy about blueberry as well, but never once thought to put them in cornbread. This is genius! I also LOVE your fishy tablescape.

I know I’d love this blueberry cornbread! Funny, I was just thinking I wished I had a piece of cornbread for my lunch today:@)

6. Jenna, I love blueberries and can’t wait to try this recipe…I know I will love it! The Tablescape is so festive and love the mix of colors…cute fish plates! Happy Monday!

7. Jacqueline says:

Jenna, the blues just play off your room so well. I love the table.
    I never imagined blueberries in cornbread, but I bet it is fabulous! Why not add fruit to it – dreaming of a bite!

8. Susan says:

Oh my goodness, I would love to sit down at your table and have several pieces of your delicious blueberry cornbread! It looks amazing!

9. Emily says:

I would never have thought to add blueberries to cornbread but this looks really delicious and it is so pretty. Love your tablescape, the blue and white is great for the hot summer.
    Happy week………

10. Jenna, This cornbread looks and sounds delicious! I would imagine that the blueberries really make it quite moist! And the table is just so bright and happy. I would love to join you! Linda

11. Lori says:

Oh! MY! Blueberry anything is delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing this at DI & DI! I’ll be making this soon!!

12. All I want lately is blueberry-flavored everything, and this looks delicious!

13. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, I love your pretty table and the blueberry cornbread.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

14. JESS44903 says:

Wow…what a neat cornbread recipe! YUM!

I’d love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

15. Sandra Garth says:

My hubby would probably turn up his nose at this but I would gladly take his portion!

16. Mary Keels says:

Adorable! I love the blueberry theme, mixed in with the summery fish. These treats all look so delicious, thank you for sharing the recipes.