Take-out Tuesday, Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad

This salad makes a satisfying summer meal, and you can load it up with summer veggies

Start by roasting corn in the oven and after 20 minutes add bacon and broccoli

While everything is roasting, cook the pasta al dente and toss with basil pesto

I like to use spirals because the multi-surface noodle holds onto sauces well

Add the broccoli

Stir in corn, bacon and tomatoes

Easy, tasty, good!

Summer Vegetable Pesto Pasta Salad

• Servings: 2

3 oz. spiral pasta noodles

3 cups broccoli flowerettes

2 ears corn

8-10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or roasted**

2-3 T basil pesto {I used Rana}

grated Parmesan cheese

olive oil, salt, pepper

3-4 strips bacon, optional

roasted pine nuts, optional

grilled or rotisserie chicken, optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place unhusked corn in oven and roast for 45 minutes

Arrange bacon strips on a parchment lined baking sheet with space in between strips. Place broccoli flowerettes in spaces between strips.  Drizzle broccoli with a touch of olive oil and season with salt & pepper.  Sprinkle broccoli liberally with grated Parmesan.  Roast in oven with corn for 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy and broccoli begins to char.  Drain bacon and broccoli on paper towels.

Meanwhile cook pasta al dente.  Drain and toss with pesto to taste.

When corn is cool enough to handle, use the easy shucking method* and then cut kernels from cob.

Add broccoli, corn, tomatoes and bacon to pasta and more Parmesan if desired.  Add optional ingredients if desired.  Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve cool or warm slightly in the microwave before serving

*cut husk base at widest part and discard.  Hold corn by the top of husk at other end and shake/wiggle until corn slides out of husk

**roast tomatoes along with broccoli and bacon if desired

This recipe is enough for 2 main dish salads or 4-6 side dish salads

You can also make this salad with zoodles, Zucchini Noodles to cut carbs

Here’s another favorite summer pasta salad BLT Tortellini Salad

Enjoy summer’s bounty!

for another printable version of Summer Vegetable Pesto Pasta Salad click here

🌽   🍅   🥗   🌽   🍅   🥗

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,  Lori’s Culinary Creations,   Moonlight and Mason Jars

Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party

Comments
17 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad”

Simply delish!

2. debra cantales says:

Jenna, I know which blog to come to for my recipes! Yum

3. Jenna, any recipe with fresh corn is a winner and then if pasta happens to be in the bowl, I am happy for sure! What a beautiful and colorful salad…perfect for summer meals!

4. You had me at bacon!

5. This looks so yummy!

6. The most perfect summer salad…love using fresh corn in anything and it looks wonderful in this salad!

7. All of these salads look delish – I also have a spiralizer and have only used it once – never thought to use it for a salad…now my wheels are turning!!

8. I could live off your salad all summer long!

Johanne Lamarche

9. chrisscheuer415 says:

Whoa! This sounds amazing. Such a nice combination of healthy and splurging! I love it!

A great way to eat your veggies Jenna! Everything’s better with bacon and I’m looking forward to some fresh summer corn 🙂

Jenna, all I can say is “YUM,” it all looks so delicious. All of these recipes would be hits here, we love our veggies. Saving your Pesto Pasta salad recipe, I’ve got to make that!

12. Angelina Pob says:

oh how yummy! I have to pin this for later.

Thanks so much for sharing this delicious Vegetable Pasta Salad with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you and your family have a great 4th of July weekend and come back soon!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )