Creations, Palm Bark Crafts

Admittedly, I am not much of a gardener, but I do know a thing or two about palm trees

Every few months they need to be trimmed, the old leaves removed

And the bark stripped off the trunk to keep them looking groomed

See how the left tip is weathered, and bark that was underneath other tips is a beautiful, teak-like shiny brown

When our trees were trimmed I scooped up some pieces to play with

What would you do with this?

HH says I will paint anything that’s not moving   😂

What do you visualize on this bark?

I immediately thought LOBSTER!

I painted the claws and body with a pinkish red, with swashes of coral and yellow, then added some fun colors for interest

I got the idea from a fish my sis-in-law gave me, it’s a fish painted on a piece of wood with a palm bark for fins

I also painted another bark piece with a mermaid tail

Are you wondering what I’m going to do with them?

Hmmmm….

On either side of the TV I have a vase and a lantern filled with shells and other beachy things, with bottles and abstract painted boards, and these seem to fit right in

They will most likely end up under the house where we have lots of crazy stuff

These are kind of silly I guess, but…

It’s fun to make something out of nothing!

🦀   🐠   🦀   🐠   🦀

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
27 Responses to “Creations, Palm Bark Crafts”
  1. It looks all summer! And the bark is beautiful, even plain but so cheerful when painted!

2. pattyanneart says:

Great idea, Jenna!
    So creative and fun. 😀

3. Rita C. says:

Cute and so fun! Having that area beneath the house allows for lots of whimsy!

4. What fun, a lobster was my first thought on that first one too!

5. I also thought of lobster first. What a fun project, Jenna! I love whimsy and the area under your house is perfect for whimsical.

Aren’t you smart! How creative was that! Love your beach/ picnic / tiki bar area and how awesome that it is under your decking! Such summer fun! 🏖

7. Are you kidding me??!?!!!?!? This is SO incredibly creative!!!! Only YOUR inspired brain and eye could have conceived of such a thing! I smell an appearance on “Shark Tank”!!!

8. Rosie M. says:

How fun, Jenna! I, too, saw the lobster before you started, but could never have come up with such a whimsical design! You are tooo much!!! Thanks for sharing.

I love your creative use of palm bark. you are ready for summer!

10. Lorraine says:

Now that’s clever! Oh and I just love your direction signs. That’s a project I want to work on eventually for our backyard..

11. Sandy Park says:

Ha Ha Ha those are absolutely adorable. Just let the lobster loose to crawl around on the ground.

So creative, I love it Jenna! They’re perfect to pair with all your seaside signs in grilling area!

13. Hope Smitherman says:

These are too cute! I would have never thought to paint those pieces. I have to admit that the mermaid tail is my favorite.I do love the way your mind works and the way you see things!