Recipe Box, Butterscotch Bars

HHjr and his crew are here this week doing a condo remodel and he’s getting them lunch everyday from local hot spots.  I made them these super easy cookies to munch on during their breaks

One, two, three, four ingredients!

Mix the beaten eggs and melted butter with dry cake mix

Add the butterscotch chips

You will have a stiff dough

Spray a 9″x13″ dish with cooking spray and then line in with a piece of parchment paper.  The spray will hold the paper in place

Place the dough on parchment paper in dish and spread it out into an even layer, using the back of a large spoon or your fingers…as I said the dough is stiff!

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes

Let cool in pan, then gently lift the baked dough out of pan holding the edges of parchment paper

Cut into bars or squares

Now give these away quickly before you eat them all!

Butterscotch Bars

• Servings: 2 1/2-3 dozen
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 regular size white or yellow cake mix

2 eggs, beaten

5 T butter, melted

1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips, or 1 11oz. bag

In a large microwavable mixing bowl melt butter.  Add the dry mix and stir together a few times.  Then add eggs and mix well.  Stir in butterscotch chips.  Dough will be very stiff.

Spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with cooking spray.  Place a large piece of parchment paper in dish, with edges overlapping.  Press down to secure paper.  Transfer dough to lined dish and spread out into an even layer.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden and set.  Let cool completely in dish.  Remove entire baked dough from pan by lifting it out holding the edges of the paper.  Cut into bars or squares.  Makes 30-36 cookies depending on how large you cut them. Store in a covered container at room temperature.

Easy Peasy!

Here is a similar recipe made with Rolos.  You can use any candy you want!  I have a peanut butter cup version I will share with you soon

Rolo Cake Mix Bars

for another printable version of Butterscotch Bars click here

🍪   🍪  🍪

Dishing it & Digging it, Happiness is Homemade  Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck

Comments
12 Responses to “Recipe Box, Butterscotch Bars”
  1. These look delicious Jenna, and quick. Filing this recipe away to use when my grand is here. He will love it and it’s a good one for us to do together………I’m sure they disappeared in a hurry…….

I would surely gobble these up. Sound like a winner!!

This sounds like an easy, kid-friendly recipe, Jenna, and perfect for summer baking. The Rolo version sounds great, too.

Pinned and Thank you! YUM, 😋

5. That last line made me laugh out loud!

Dr. Johanne Lamarche 630 Spruce Lane Berwyn, PA 19312-1457 610-220-2086

6. Jenna, I love easy and quick sweet snacks. I am still on Whole30, but I am making these for my sweet daddy!

7. Oh yes! I would have to give these away quickly or eat them all! I think I will make these next week for my granddaughters next week, I have made them lots of cookies since they have been staying with me, but no bars! YUM!

8. Kari says:

what you talkin’ bout Willis???? give away something I want to eat iall by myself n secret? lol…Seriously Jenna, I will be making this recipe. I love butterscotch and I have a recipe that calls for butterscotch chips and chocolate chips…the most delicious blonde brownie ever.

Nice and easy indeed! Sounds good:@)

10. I’m pretty darned sure I shouldn’t have even opened this post. I adore butterscotch and these are WAY too easy!

Delicious Jenna! I’m sure they were appreciated and gobbled up!