Take-out Tuesday, National Cookie Day

Did you know cookies were invented in Persia in the 7th century??

Yikes!

I wonder how many cookie recipes are in existence?

Well, since Dec 4 is National Cookie Day, I thought I’d post a round up of my holiday cookie recipes just in time forย  holiday baking!

I belonged to a Goodie Swap group for many years, but somehow it fizzled out a few years ago, I think we all just got too lazy busy ๐Ÿ˜‚

The tree in the photo above is decorated with many tags saved from the swaps over the years, we always made our tags, and decorated the goodies like gifts

Our children always eagerly awaited the annual Goodie Swap!

Christmas Candy Squares

These simple cookies looked very festive in decorated jars, and perfect for sharing or giving

Red Velvet Candy Cane Cookies can be iced or plain

Peppermint Snowballs are creamy and crunchy

Candy Topped Sugar Cookies for Santa are easy to make with a prepared sugar cookie dough base

Gingerbread Man Cookie Cake is a cake version of a gingerbread house

Red Velvet Brownies

“Coal” Candy Cookies

Snowy Cookie Tree made from store bought holiday cookies, is not only a breeze to make, it can be the star of your buffet!

By the way there, is a Cookie Exchange Link up party going on right now through Dec. 23 at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage link up your favorite recipes or just go over and browse!!ย  See the collection here

Cookies make everything better!

๐ŸŽ„ย  ๐Ÿชย  ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿปย  ๐Ÿชย  ๐ŸŽ„

Meal Plan Mondayย ย Dishing it & Digging it,ย ย  Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday ย  Make it Pretty Mondayย ย ย ย Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Partyย ย ย Oh My Heartsie Girlย ย Full Plate Thursday

Thursday Favorite Thingsย  Creatively Craftyย ย ย Home Mattersย

Weekend Potluck ย  Sweet Inspirationsย ย ย Happiness is Homemade

Comments
36 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, National Cookie Day”
  1. Yum! National cookie day? Who knew? Just you, I guess — and probably Pillsbury or Gold Medal or Domino sugar! They all look wonderful and beautifully packaged, too. Love the tags.

I used to go to a fabulous cookie swap where everyone had to be 13 dozen — half dozens for 24 and 1 dozen for the table and there was a prize for packaging. Needless to say, everyone went all out and you didn’t have to bake for the rest of the season. It was in a great house and there was carol singing. But yes, everyone got too busy. I keep saying I’ll pull something together next year and then I forget about it till it’s too late! Ugh!

• When you have to bring a lot of cookies, goodie swaps can be daunting, but our group was relaxed you could even buy cookies to bring, and then we finally changed it to just getting together for lunch, and now we can’t even manage to do that!! Everyone is busy now traveling to be with adult children or taking care of grands…which is a good thing! And sweeter than a cookie ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Wow Jenna, I love cookies and I think they are perfect for breakfast๐Ÿ˜Š Anything with the words red velvet is always a winner. Cookie swaps are so much fun, happy Tuesday!

YUM!! I didn’t know it was National Cookie Day – but I got lucky and posted a yummy Christmas cookie recipe for Pecan Pie Thumbprints ๐Ÿ™‚

Yummy, they all look so delicious Jenna.

5. chef mimi says:

Wow! What fun! I’m not much of a cookie baker, but I can spy a few I’d love to dunk!

How fitting to have the national cookie day in December! I’ll have a coal candy cookie please, with only 3 ingredients they would be a snap to make. I love nuts, dark chocolate and butterscotch so it’s a winner! Will pin! Thanks Jenna. ๐ŸŽ„

7. Joan says:

All of your cookies look delicious.
    Joan

8. Marilyn says:

Thank You for the cookies and their recipes.
    Marilyn

9. Marion says:

Your display is very tempting.
    Marion

10. Nancy says:

What great recipes ! Thank you for all of them!

How’d I miss National Cookie Day??? I think I need a special calendar to keep me informed of important things like this:@) All of your goodies sound great, gotta love this time of year!

12. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

Oh my mercy . Oh yes love me some cookies . Matter of fact i made some chocolate chip cookies today . However i only ate one ๐Ÿ˜‚ tomorrowโ€™s another day though ! Love all the wonderful pictures . Hugs and blessings , Cindy

13. YUM – i would rather have a cookie than any other food

Your cookie swap sounds fun! I like how you all made tags for your treats… โค๏ธ I used to make paper collaged tags. I think they are a fun way to add a little extra LOVE to a gift! ๐ŸŽ Your cookie recipes are the perfect gift! ๐Ÿ’•

15. Rosie M. says:

Thanks for your yummy post today, Jenna!!

I didn’t know about the National Cookie Day, Jenna, but Cissy and I made cookies on Monday. i remember that cookie tree of yours. It’s so cute! Thanks for all the great recipes.

Love your delicious cookie round up Jenna! Holiday baking always helps get me in the spirit!

I love all your wonderful cookies to celebrate National Cookie Day! Hope you are enjoying your week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!