Fearless Friday, Beach Dream

Dreaming of the beach today

In a loose and crazy Zentangle type way

Drawing freely, loose as can be

And adding some shells brought in by the sea

You know how the sand looks when you walk on the beach?

A stripe of wet brown sand after the tide retreats

Then a soft layer of sea foam from the last wave

To swim in the winter, you must be very brave

If you really look closely you’ll see bands of color

It’s ever changing, a sight like no other

And what’s the perfect snack after a day at the beach?

A tall ice cream cone, just within reach!

Juicy Details

supplies used:

Master fineliner 0.3 fine liner pen

Ohuhu art markers

white Gelly Roll pen for highlights on the dark blues

Canson multi media sketch book, 7″ x 10″.  If you use a sketch book with quality multi media paper, you can use just about anything you want, watercolors, inks, gouche, pencil, charcoal, pastel.  Just put a protective sheet of paper under the page you’re working on because some markers will bleed through.  Tombow markers are a good choice, they don’t bleed, and you can add water to them and they can act like watercolors

Zentangle tutorial here

Method:

For both the beach scene and the ice cream cone I drew the large shapes first, added details and pattern and then colored with markers.  The cherry was finished with light layers of colored pencil

I am participating in the January Doodlewash Challenge, the theme is Fun Things!

These challenges are a great way to make art a priority in your day. The prompts are just a way to spark your imagination, and you can use any media you want.  I spent a little time to put together some photos on a Pinterest board from the prompts, so I would have a quick reference and make it easier to get started everyday.  You can see the board here

I must confess I’m a little behind, but I’m hoping to catch up this weekend!

Have a creative day and Be Fearless!

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
26 Responses to “Fearless Friday, Beach Dream”

Happy color and art!

2. susan says:

I do sooo love this! So peaceful! Dreaming of getting to Gulf Shores soon!

3. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, your painting is beautiful, and I adore the beautiful, saturated color palette! You made me dream of summer this morning. Today, it is cold and cloudy with more rain. I’m longing for warmer sunny days! Happy Friday, and I hope you enjoy your weekend!!!

Beach days are the best! Great job! Love the whimsy.

5. Aw, the beautiful Orange Beach and an ice cream treat! Dreaming of summer❤️

6. pattyanneart says:

Bright and joyful! ❤️❤️
    Love your art.

So creative and FUN!! Love all you have created for this month, Jenna! 💗🎨 And that ice cream cone looks yummy!! 👍

Such beautiful beach colors and OH THAT ICE CREAM CONE!! 🤪💜💚❤️💙💛

9. This make me crave summer!!!

10. Ricki Treleaven says:

These prompts are so much fun, Jenna. I would like to take a zentangle class. I love your beach scene and the ice cream! 😀

11. I love how this came together and your step-outs. And especially the marbles! All fun and quite happy. That’s a great challenge theme!

I love the whimsy and color of your creations Jenna!!

13. Muntazir says: