Party Panache, Easy Appetizers for Super Bowl

Only 1 more football game before the season is over,

and since it’s the Super Bowl,

you’re going to want some super great noshes!

I have 3 easy peasy delicious new bites to share with you today, plus a round up of past favorites

The printable recipes can be found at the end of the post

Spinach & Artichoke Spirals are made with spinach artichoke dip and crescent roll dough

I used this prepared dip from the grocery store, and low fat Crescent Roll dough

This made 20 spirals, 60 calories each

We had these Orange Roll Ham Sliders as part of our Christmas Eve Brunch Buffet, and they were a big hit with all ages

I used prepared orange rolls from the freezer section of the grocery store,

but you could also use orange rolls from a bakery or make your own like these easy Orange Roll Clouds

The sweet icing and orange flavor of the rolls are a wonderful contrast to the mustard butter and savory ham slices inside

Ham and Cheese Volcano Bites have a simple biscuit dough crust

Each biscuit is cut into 1/4s and then put into a mini muffin tin, pushing middle down forming an indent to hold the filling

I call these Volcano bites because they swell up and look like an erupting volcano after baking

This recipe is adapted from Plain Chicken

And here are some other tasty Super Bowl worthy bites

Puff Pastry Bites are filled with salami, Dijon and Gruyère cheese, baked and cut into golden squares

Touch Down Burger Bombs are like a mini cheeseburger wrapped in a crispy piece of bacon

Brown Sugar Bacon Bundles  tater tots, bacon, brown sugar…need I say more?

Pigs in a Blanket with Tangy Mustard Butter, a sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce really elevates this classic favorite!

It’s not a party without a good dip,

these are 2 very favorites, one cold one hot

Wedge Salad Dip is packed full of crispy bacon, tomatoes and crispy lettuce and can be served with a variety of dippers

Hissy Fit Dip, named for a Southern belle who had a hissy fit when the dip ran out, is hard to resist, it’s full of sausage, cheese and sour cream

Here are the recipes for the first 3 appetizers, just click on the highlighted names of the other recipes for more info

Ham & Cheese Volcano Bites

• Servings: makes 32

1 can, 8 count, large biscuits {Pillsbury Grands}

1 cup diced dinner ham

3 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, grated

3 oz. extra sharp white Cheddar cheese, grated

1/3 cup soft cream cheese

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp light brown sugar

1 Tablespoon honey dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine cream cheese with mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire in a mixing bowl.  Add ham and cheeses and mix well to blend.

Cut the biscuits into 1/4s.  Spray mini muffin pans with cooking oil spray.  Flatten and shape each biscuit piece into a square and place in pan, pressing dough down in the center.  Fill center of dough pieces generously with ham mixture.  I found it easiest to use my fingers for this.  Bake filled dough for 25-35 minutes until dough is cooked through and golden.  Baking time will depend on pan used and your oven, so start checking after 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature

Orange Roll Ham Sliders

• Servings: makes 24

24 frozen orange rolls, thawed, or fresh orange rolls from a bakery

ham slices* cut to fit rolls {amount will be determined by the type of ham used, see note below}

1/2 cup melted butter

2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 Tablespoon dijon mustard

1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Mix the butter with brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir vigorously to combine and brush on the inside of each roll top and bottom.  Place ham slices on each roll bottom and cover with roll top. Place rolls close together into a baking pan and cover and refrigerate until baking.  Bake according to package directions or until rolls are hot.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

*use either dinner ham or deli ham, and pile on as much as you like.  I used 2 pieces of dinner ham, like Honey Baked Ham, cut into bun sized squares

Spinach & Artichoke Spirals

• Servings: 20
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 can, 8 count crescent roll dough {I used reduced fat}

1 container, 6.5 oz Spinach & Artichoke Alouette spreadable cheese, or 1 cup prepared Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Unroll dough onto a piece of parchment paper and pinch seams together. Spread dip onto dough in an even layer just short of the edges. Starting from the long side, roll dough as tightly as possible into a log.  Wrap parchment around dough log and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for several hours to make slicing easier.

Slice chilled log into approximately 1/2 inch slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until dough is cooked through and golden.

You might notice that every recipe

except the Spinach Artichoke Spirals

includes a form of pork…

Hey, football requires a lot of pigskin!!

🏈  🐖  🏈  🥓  🏈

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
33 Responses to “Party Panache, Easy Appetizers for Super Bowl”

It’s, um… Breakfast time… I’ll have one of everything please:@)

Liked by 2 people

Yum! Super Super Bowl treats!

Love the artichoke watercolor!

4. Nancy says:

Outstanding party recipes! Another one of your posts are pinned to Pinterest!

My plate would be overflowing! Everything looks delicious Jenna. I need to make the orange ham sliders when I have a crowd and the BLT dip. I’m sure all your guests look forward to games at your home………..

6. lulu says:

I get so many ideas from your easy least recipes. I’m always up for a new spiral as they are a sure hit.

7. You are killing me with all of these! I am going to have to make at least half of these, and I’m not even having a Super Bowl party or watching the game. The puffed pastry bites with the ham and Gruyere cheese look amazing. I’ve made orange rolls, and I like the addition of the ham and Dijon. I have also come to the conclusion that you can pretty much roll anything up in a crescent roll and it’s going to be delicious. This week I’m rolling pimento cheese in mine. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

8. Chloe Crabtree says:

These all sound delicious! I love finger foods and these sound fantastic! I am one of those unhappy with the call in the Saints game so I won’t be watching the game, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be indulging in some of your delish recipes!!

9. Millie Ray orange rolls are delish. I am going to make this recipe for breakfast Saturday morning as I will have a friend spending the weekend with me. This is simple and looks so good! All of your appetizers look amazing! Have a great week, Jenna!

10. Jacqueline says:

Oh appetizers are my weakness – whether homemade or at a restaurant. I am pinning all of these incredible ideas.

I want to come to your house for some Super Bowl munchies, Jenna! We have a group of friends that celebrates birthdays every month, and our last luncheon we had appetizers, salads and desserts. We loved it!

12. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

WOW! It all looks so good! Great ideas and easy enough to whip up. Our bunch loves to roast oysters for Superbowl. Every year the main menu changes. One year it was fingerfooods all the way. Good old football fingerfoods! One year we fried up a batch of venison and french fries. This year I think they are wanting fried fish and cheese grits. Either way…I am ready for game day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

13. Why didn’t I read this before I went to the store this morning? It’s snowing hard and 9-12 inches are predicted. I know a few things I would have added to my list!

14. Kari says:

Great recipes and perfect for upcoming super bowl game. I make the tater tot and bacon “bombs” all the time and they are delish. Can’t wait to try all your recipes. Have a great day my friend.

15. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, these recipes look yummy! I adore finger foods! Thanks for sharing. I hope that you are enjoying your week!!!

OH my goodness! PINNED, PINNED, PINNED! They all have my mouth watering! I love finger food like this, but it always moves to my thighs! Ha. More time will be needed at the Y! Thanks Jenna for all these tasty recipes. The BIG decision is which one to try first!

You’re the crescent roll Queen Jenna! Love the combo of spinach and artichoke in the spreadable cheese!

The Super Bowl food at your house was delicious, every recipe is a keeper! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday!

1. […] Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Biscuit Casserole from Pillsbury turned into Ham and Cheese Volcano Bites […]